CNA: PAP Needs To Reflect On General Election: PM Lee

Vulcann

I find PM Lee always like to portray himself as the very democratic type who would listen to the views and grouses of the commoner in front of media. Apologised to the people and promise reforms. But his party has always fallen short of actually delivering it despite what he says. You can still hear hanky panky things going on, for example, the recent PA saga. How to believe he is sincere? Instead of just saying it, he has to take concrete steps to demonstrate he meant what he says and not just merely paying lip service.

Agreed, i was not born yesterday, he think i will buy his story meh. <_<

↡ Advertisement

Talk is cheap.

Give up all the Top posts in PA or any Stat boards and non-partisan orgs, then I will consider to vote for you.

+1

Juz a brainwashing news. Give sporean a feeling that they r gg to listen to us. Yawnz.

Like what CSJ say recently that the party culture is so autocratic and entrenched that the earth would stop revolving first before we see meaningful change there.

Then its time for a change

Be sincere! Do away with the Pay And Pay image! No, this is not a welfare state but do take care of the old, poor and the sickly (not doing enough)! Abolish GRC system go for a single ward elections hence only the most competent will survive. Allow the citizens to choose their own MPs! :angry:

CNA timing really wierd.

Petir issue is July/ Aug, and CNA reported on 8th Sept.

I would understand prep for such article is usually 2weeks or 1 month before it is finalised and send to printing press. CNA is effectively 3months late.

Is that news, or stale news?

MSM indeed. (Dinosaur or need synchronisation?)

CNA timing really wierd.

Petir issue is July/ Aug, and CNA reported on 8th Sept.

I would understand prep for such article is usually 2weeks or 1 month before it is finalised and send to printing press. CNA is effectively 3months late.

Is that news, or stale news?

MSM indeed. (Dinosaur or need synchronisation?)

When was the PE?

Things are sometimes done for a reason....

I find PM Lee always like to portray himself as the very democratic type who would listen to the views and grouses of the commoner in front of media. Apologised to the people and promise reforms. But his party has always fallen short of actually delivering it despite what he says. You can still hear hanky panky things going on, for example, the recent PA saga. How to believe he is sincere? Instead of just saying it, he has to take concrete steps to demonstrate he meant what he says and not just merely paying lip service.

Remember his precedessor?

Consultative gov, more good years, Swiss standard of living, WC2010, etc...

Just following through lo...

Dun be too harsh on him lah.

IF LHL wants to show his leadership, get rid of his father

Follow the traditions in China?

As long as the old one is there, there will always be division.

To consolidate power, the only way is to remove all possible and perceived dissidents to the throne.

Reflect? so one sees oneself in the mirror. more importantly, it's what happens after reflecting. do u prefer to continue seeing yourself, admiring yourself or something else?

i would prefer the word 'change'. 'Reflect' is too subjective. but that's politicians lingo for u. always sound sincere but still gives u a chance to act accordingly as u wish.

little Lee should just list down exactly how miw wants to change, item by item and put a timeline.... no more wishy-washy talks... enough is enough :angry:

come to think of it, if not becoz of his surname, he would have been ousted long ago by his own colleagues, let alone the voters

i have no problem with him as a person, but as the leader, he gotta show more to justify the position he holds for so long

Remember his precedessor?

Consultative gov, more good years, Swiss standard of living, WC2010, etc...Just following through lo...

Dun be too harsh on him lah.

which of these have been truly fulfilled / delievered?? .......... and he's now ESM!!?? :o

Talk is cheap.

Give up all the Top posts in PA or any Stat boards and non-partisan orgs, then I will consider to vote for you.

yes, this will start the balls rolling..... but:-

this is like asking them to amputate their hands and legs.... think they would rather die than give up their limps.... :o

From ASIAone.

Most PAP members may not run in Aljunied GRC: Zainul

Former senior minister of state Zainul Abidin Rasheed wrote in the latest issue of PAP magazine Petir, that many PAP members may not want to contest in the Aljunied GRC in future elections.

He said that while it was 'too early to say' if the PAP can offer a better team for the Aljunied ward in the next election, 'it is likely that many will shy from being possible future sacrificial lambs by standing in Aljunied.'

The Straits Times reported that Mr Zainul, who was part of the PAP team that lost to Workers' Party (WP) in the May 7 General Election, noted that his team's defeat has shown that 'national issues and national politics have taken centre stage'.

Programmes outlined by the PAP to improve residents' lives did not hold sway in the Aljunied GRC ward. Instead, voters swung towards the WP with its championing of a 'First World Parliament', and their call for a credible opposition presence in Parliament and a more listening government.

Mr Zainul, along with former foreign minister George Yeo, then minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Hwee Hua, PAP veteran Cynthia Phua and newcomer Ong Ye Kung, was defeated by WP when the latter won 54.7 per cent of votes in the five-member GRC. It was the first time an opposition won a group representation constituency.

But he also added that if PAP had won in Aljunied, the party would have taken 86 out of 87 seats in Parliament, even though the opposition had received about 40 per cent of the national vote. He noted that 'most Singaporeans, including many who voted PAP, would probably be unhappy'.

Going by the way Zainul said

From ASIAone.

Most PAP members may not run in Aljunied GRC: Zainul

Former senior minister of state Zainul Abidin Rasheed wrote in the latest issue of PAP magazine Petir, that many PAP members may not want to contest in the Aljunied GRC in future elections.

He said that while it was 'too early to say' if the PAP can offer a better team for the Aljunied ward in the next election, 'it is likely that many will shy from being possible future sacrificial lambs by standing in Aljunied.'

The Straits Times reported that Mr Zainul, who was part of the PAP team that lost to Workers' Party (WP) in the May 7 General Election, noted that his team's defeat has shown that 'national issues and national politics have taken centre stage'.

Programmes outlined by the PAP to improve residents' lives did not hold sway in the Aljunied GRC ward. Instead, voters swung towards the WP with its championing of a 'First World Parliament', and their call for a credible opposition presence in Parliament and a more listening government.

Mr Zainul, along with former foreign minister George Yeo, then minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Hwee Hua, PAP veteran Cynthia Phua and newcomer Ong Ye Kung, was defeated by WP when the latter won 54.7 per cent of votes in the five-member GRC. It was the first time an opposition won a group representation constituency.

But he also added that if PAP had won in Aljunied, the party would have taken 86 out of 87 seats in Parliament, even though the opposition had received about 40 per cent of the national vote. He noted that 'most Singaporeans, including many who voted PAP, would probably be unhappy'.

Going by the way Zainul said “'it is likely that many will shy from being possible future sacrificial lambs by standing in Aljunied.' It Looks like Aljunied is going to be second Hougang. Another stronghold for WP.

Shake my head when I read the last part.

If the opposition's mentality was like these bunch of losers then we would never have any opposition parties but a single all-powerful dominant party perpetually in power.

If these jokers' mindset is that running for and winning an election is a definite thing then please go back to where you are doing before all these, be it in business or other high-flying jobs, and stay there. Period. They should really learn from the tenacious STYP who persevered and finally succeeded.

The honorable Dr TCB is right: These people have forgotten how to fight.

A crying shame.

Really really 输不起。

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement