New 2nd Generation Mercedes B Class

Davidklt

will consider wen coe much lower, after test drive, have newer gearbox tech, and if black leather option avail.

other things to consider mayb add some options like boost gauge, alum pedal (should come w it if turbo version), amg rims / aero kit (incl spoiler PLS).

↡ Advertisement

This b Class is already in the showroom a few mths back, at all time COE high, this was 130k, entry level Merc

The dashboard is not as nice as the pics.. its actually very spartan. Cos entry level :(

behind driver and front passenger seat, there is a megazine holder, in mesh netting. Very LC, like Taxi.

dont waste time drivin armor veh w 1.6l engine; pickup's pickup faster than u ok...

have 2 of my neighbor upgrade; one prev was odysy, other was volvo - i have very strong feel that deep down their hearts after the "upgrade" sure feel the 1.6 B-class BO KUI; shouldn't have gone for the BRANDING...

This b Class is already in the showroom a few mths back, at all time COE high, this was 130k, entry level Merc

The dashboard is not as nice as the pics.. its actually very spartan. Cos entry level :(

behind driver and front passenger seat, there is a megazine holder, in mesh netting. Very LC, like Taxi.

i think you meant the old/current model

this new one has not arrived in SG yet

new b class is 1.6L TC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3caRLV5F1o

new 116i is 1.6L TC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDJuEU0Vw6Q

hands up if u go for 116i

FYI, the F20 1-Series is a hatchback, whereas the B-Class is more mini-MPV.

Both shouldn't be compared together.

Wanna compare, compare the next A-Class. From the outgoing model high-riding hatchback to a sleek looking one.

Wanna compare, compare the next A-Class. From the outgoing model high-riding hatchback to a sleek looking one.

old B is crossover like qashqai , old 116 is as common as old i30 looks

new B is latio hatch dimen , but new 116 no chg

if compare latio to i30 , agree both hatch?

old B is crossover like qashqai , old 116 is as common as old i30 looks

new B is latio hatch dimen , but new 116 no chg

if compare latio to i30 , agree both hatch?

The Nissan Qashqai is Crossover SUV.

B-Class is Crossover.

Different.

Yes, Latio and i30 can be compared with each other- both are hatchbacks.

Looking at the spy shots, looks like the new A class will be a totally reformed stunner. Think Alfa 147, Golf, Opel Astra type of continental hatch

Look closer ... new B class is 1.6T + 7G DCT (not 7GTronic, not 7 speed Autotronic CVT) ... it's 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission.

Everyone is going into 1.6T, with the bigger cars 1.8 or 2.0T ... to be in the Euro 6 CO2 emission bracket (effective from 2014, compulsory from 2015).

Japanese car makers are beating the emission via another route, their engine development is going petrol hybrid, which will more than meet the Euro 6 CO2 emission criteria.

Look closer ... new B class is 1.6T + 7G DCT (not 7GTronic, not 7 speed Autotronic CVT) ... it's 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission.

Everyone is going into 1.6T, with the bigger cars 1.8 or 2.0T ... to be in the Euro 6 CO2 emission bracket (effective from 2014, compulsory from 2015).

Japanese car makers are beating the emission via another route, their engine development is going petrol hybrid, which will more than meet the Euro 6 CO2 emission criteria.

true...by the way, most of the European manufacturers do have the petrol hybrid capabilities already and also diesel hybrid..and this is one route which they might seriously consider as well..

Edited by Cluboxed

swee, inside and out, I'd hit it [laugh] All this talk of Mercedes.. when the day come I collect my 1st Mercedes (whether new or used, but more likely s/h [:p] ) I will play this song on the CD player:

Oh.. MERCy MERCy me.. lol!

Kenny

new second generation b200 1.6 turbo special launch price at $160,888 for chrome package. sports package at $167,888. showroom car is not here yet and also no test drive yet. first batch according to SE coming in july or august.

changing from C Class to the B Class is it considered downgrading? haha

Edited by Wubb