Rolex Or Panerai

Ngsehchoon

Turbocharged

Ok lor. Our relationship is only worth a mickey mouse

limited edition one, can vibrate, ai mai? [laugh]
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Bro, PM me your local AD sales guy contact if that can be done. I would like to befriend him and give him business.

But please make sure he is not a grey dealer or going below 10K via some Maybank credit card promotion.

what's wrong with buying from grey dealers esp when you can get a better deal since it's full cash?

Turbocharged

what's wrong with buying from grey dealers esp when you can get a better deal since it's full cash?

Ok..for grey dealers, my opinion is this.

1) Can deal, but must know the dealer really well. And has a good reputation

2) The brand of the watch purchase must have a means to authenticate. Rolex is no problem, but I heard panerai has stop authetication services.

The biggest concern from grey dealer, at least to me, is whether they are selling a genuine. Thesedays, replica watches are extremely super well made. They even have replica boxes and warranty cards and look like a genuine package. Even the serial number is not a dummy number. Unless one is a super expert in that model, there is no way one can tell its a gen or replica.

In the past, I use to carry a very small pocket size digital weighing machine to weigh watches. Replicas, no matter how well made, seldom weigh the same as the gen cos they use inferior materials and often lighter in weight. These days, even the replicas weigh the same.....no kidding.

(edited)

2) The brand of the watch purchase must have a means to authenticate. Rolex is no problem, but I heard panerai has stop authetication services.

The biggest concern from grey dealer, at least to me, is whether they are selling a genuine. Thesedays, replica watches are extremely super well made. They even have replica boxes and warranty cards and look like a genuine package. Even the serial number is not a dummy number. Unless one is a super expert in that model, there is no way one can tell its a gen or replica.

In the past, I use to carry a very small pocket size digital weighing machine to weigh watches. Replicas, no matter how well made, seldom weigh the same as the gen cos they use inferior materials and often lighter in weight. These days, even the replicas weigh the same.....no kidding.

sam is a panerai fanatic. can ask him for authentication. very friendly uncle.
besides, he sells a couple of other brands if u wan.
Edited by Rainbowbiatch

Turbocharged

sam is a panerai fanatic. can ask him for authentication. very friendly uncle.
besides, he sells a couple of other brands if u wan.

Thanks this is good. The only thing is would the grey dealer recognise his authentication in the event it runs into a dispute.

Thanks this is good. The only thing is would the grey dealer recognise his authentication in the event it runs into a dispute.

wah.. actually i've been buying and selling on forums and with sam himself..

so far so good.. *fingers crossed* *Touch wood*..

Aiyoh, ok lah....

So you want black or white explorer2?

I check for you. Local AD, BNIB.

Turbocharged

limited edition one, can vibrate, ai mai? [laugh]

sibey hard n horny mouse [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic

go chinatown lim kopi .... rolexes all over every kopi tiam ... lol

pams FTW! rolex for retirees! kidding... i own a rolly too lol

6th Gear

Why nobody go HK buy? Easily save hundreds to a thousand.

With the AhTiong buying them up like casios...Thought many say no longer cheap?

Hypersonic

With the AhTiong buying them up like casios...Thought many say no longer cheap?

Still cheaper than SG lah. No GST leh.

6th Gear

Still cheaper than SG lah. No GST leh.

OK maybe should hold off for now & plan a trip to HK...

Hypersonic

OK maybe should hold off for now & plan a trip to HK...

Or if you can a foreign friend to help you buy, it's quite worth it because can get GST refund [;)]

6th Gear

Or if you can a foreign friend to help you buy, it's quite worth it because can get GST refund [;)]

Just realized that my colleague just returned from HK trip... But then again no hurry. Will take some time to check out the prices & models in S'pore. More research...

Turbocharged

Just realized that my colleague just returned from HK trip... But then again no hurry. Will take some time to check out the prices & models in S'pore. More research...

airport departure shops no GST hehehehe

↡ Advertisement