Australia: Migration Agencies For Australia

Tonicwater

It's more of lifestyle. A bit tired of rat race here, though the dough is good.

If wanna get rich, I would go Indonesia instead.

Commonly in the old demand list were

1) Teacher

2) Nurse

3) Doctors

4) Engineers (pretty much all type except chemical/process I think, IT need to specially in certain areas)

5) Accountants

Might be more which I have missed but you get the idea. Visit www.immi.gov.au for more information lor. Very user friendly site. Just pick the visa which best suits you and check the requirements. If that visa doesnt work for you, check others. You will find some certain visa are easier to get (Temp Residency) as they normally come with conditions. Some examples are working in rural/regional area which you are required to write to regional council and get them to confirm your profession is needed, a more complex application, or maybe need you to work in your nominated profession for 1 or 2 years before you can reapply for PR. Anyway if you're got a some "liao" shouldnt be THAT hard.

If you're rich, maybe look at business migration. I know a Singapore uncle and aunty open fish and chip shop for migration at a bogan area.

Let me stress, DONT migrate because of money because its not that good here. Your mortgage will kill you here unless you're rich.

It's more of lifestyle. A bit tired of rat race here, though the dough is good.

If wanna get rich, I would go Indonesia instead.

Yea I know your reason wasnt money based but that was just a note to others.

Anyway whats DG???

Commonly in the old demand list were

1) Teacher

2) Nurse

3) Doctors

4) Engineers (pretty much all type except chemical/process I think, IT need to specially in certain areas)

5) Accountants

Might be more which I have missed but you get the idea. Visit www.immi.gov.au for more information lor. Very user friendly site. Just pick the visa which best suits you and check the requirements. If that visa doesnt work for you, check others. You will find some certain visa are easier to get (Temp Residency) as they normally come with conditions. Some examples are working in rural/regional area which you are required to write to regional council and get them to confirm your profession is needed, a more complex application, or maybe need you to work in your nominated profession for 1 or 2 years before you can reapply for PR. Anyway if you're got a some "liao" shouldnt be THAT hard.

If you're rich, maybe look at business migration. I know a Singapore uncle and aunty open fish and chip shop for migration at a bogan area.

Let me stress, DONT migrate because of money because its not that good here. Your mortgage will kill you here unless you're rich.

Accountant is remove from the list

In Mining, in WA :D to be fair, I was comparing my first pay out of uni versus first pay here. Totally differenent industry.

Surprisingly though, I know of an accountant (chose accountant as her occupation on her PR forms) took more than a year to get it and then her pay now is just above the poverty line.

So it all depends on what occupation and where you choose to live downunder.

that friend of mine isn't getting more net pay than the time she was in sg.. but it is the lifestyle that she's after.

good for her, since she knows what she wanted and got it.

on mortgage... the interest rate is high and the land/house price keep going up. :wacko:

they bought theirs in melbourne suburb at A$350k a few years back.. and it is going for $A450k now.

another thing is the public assistance for school and medicare.. i'm not sure their quality though.. imo, free may not mean its good.

going private will mean $$$..

sum it up, agreed, go there only for $$$, its going to be a huge mistake.

DG = dong1 guan3 , a place in guang3 zhou1 , and Chang2 ping2 in a county in dg that is akin to king's cross in Sydney .

Yea I know your reason wasnt money based but that was just a note to others.

Anyway whats DG???

DG = dong1 guan3 , a place in guang3 zhou1 , and Chang2 ping2 in a county in dg that is akin to king's cross in Sydney .

With our $SG, we can live in ChangPing like a King! why go Down Under!

Accountant is remove from the list

When was that? Anyway the list has been removed.

In Mining, in WA :D to be fair, I was comparing my first pay out of uni versus first pay here. Totally differenent industry.

Surprisingly though, I know of an accountant (chose accountant as her occupation on her PR forms) took more than a year to get it and then her pay now is just above the poverty line.

So it all depends on what occupation and where you choose to live downunder.

If you wanna compare working on site, compare to those that are working in offshore rigs and you'll find you're not really getting much more. =)

My basis of comparison is pretty simple, just compare whats your own money after tax. SG has 33% CPF and we only got 9%. Tax here is so high but tax in SG is f--k all. Bonus in SG is to be included too. My friend working for Keppel (not based offshore) gets 4 months even during the GFC. When comparing, compare the 80% or 90% of population rather than the elites.

Accountants are never highly paid. Their salary only gets decent when they get their CPA. When I last heard, accountants get around 35k after grad. Maybe 40-45k now? The highest paid grads are engineers, nurses, teachers, doc and lawyers. Having said that I think engineers pay would be the highest among that list after grad. However, we hit the income ceiling very fast and hen ta ka ki. Doctors and lawyers on the other hand, does make more when they go into partnerships.

Lifestyle. I dont mind China but the pollution turns me off.

Edited by Strudel-

Nah not on site, I would be getting at least 5 times more if its compared to site (FIFO).

In 2005, first pay after CPF and taxed in Sg, I was taking home about S$1.3k p/m. In Aus (2009), first pay after taxes A$3.3k p/m, even if you use a FX rate of 1.2 its still S$3960. That said, in Melbourne I would probably be taking home at least A$2.5k p/m compared to Perth, which is still considerably more than Sg.

Edited by Katz2282

Nah not on site, I would be getting at least 5 times more if its compared to site (FIFO).

In 2005, first pay after CPF and taxed in Sg, I was taking home about S$1.3k p/m. In Aus (2009), first pay after taxes A$3.3k p/m, even if you use a FX rate of 1.2 its still S$3960. That said, in Melbourne I would probably be taking home at least A$2.5k p/m compared to Perth, which is still considerably more than Sg.

1.3k!?!?!? Thats s--t. All my friends that went back to SG were around 2.5-2.8k starting leh. Why would you bother with FX...? Are you an accountant?

Also working on site will not give you 5times... I dont know about WA (but I doubt it'll 5times) but in QLD, even the Mines manager get around 250k only. Unless you're saying you're of that level, else most mines engineers get around 150k which is around 8k+ AUD take home. My friend just went to work for Peaks Down last year and getting 140k... Same year grad as me (2007 started working). Even working on the rig will not fetch you 5times lor....

As I said before, maybe compare the generally population rather than the minority.

SG Pay

Age Monthly Yearly Bonus CPF (personal) Total CPF Gross Year Gross Month Tax Net Year Net Month CPF Saving

25 2600 31200 5200 7280.00 12012.00 41132.00 3427.67 702.00 40430.00 3369.17 12252.24

26 2730 32760 5460 7644.00 12612.60 43188.60 3599.05 802.10 42386.50 3532.21 25362.14

27 2867 34398 5733 8026.20 13243.23 45348.03 3779.00 911.14 44436.90 3703.07 39377.47

28 3010 36118 6020 8427.51 13905.39 47615.43 3967.95 1081.69 46533.74 3877.81 54348.52

AUS Pay

AGE PAY TAX TOTAL TAX AFTER TAX SUPER AFTER TAX MONTHLY SUPER SAVING

26 60000 9000.00 14100.00 45900.00 5400.00 4590.00 3925.00 4865.40

27 68000 11400.00 16700.00 51300.00 6120.00 5202.00 4375.00 10671.44

28 70000 12000.00 17350.00 52650.00 6300.00 5355.00 4487.50 16988.03

29 80000 0.00 19100.00 60900.00 7200.00 6120.00 5075.00 24494.51

Rusty: I think you're wrong. Just checked the list for my sis,

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

Accountant is still in...

If you think Singapore road behavior are bad, you will not be able to stand china.

It's also not a good experience to surf international sites in china. The chinese don't mind it so much as they usually surf sites within china. But I bet most singaporeand cannot tahan no Facebook, or youtube, among others. You can do what they call "jump wall" but it will be a hit in speed.

Some of the people can be underwhelming. The educated ones are ok, some are very good, but the less educated ones can be underwhelming.

Although it can feel shiok from financial standpoint in some Chinese cities, except shanghai & Beijing, for me the people's factor is very important.

I think one day, the 文明 ( civil) behavior will catch up with their economy & inflastucture,

Then I will consider.

Yeah first pay in Sg was so s#$%! No doubt it was a s--t company to work for too! Not accountant, but FX is a big part of job. [:p] Besides, we can't compare apple to orange, the very least we could do is compare in the same currency.

In WA FIFO, you get 90k p.a. just to be a storeman working 6 on 6 off.

If you can read and write English, just obtain a migration form from the Australian Embassy in Singapore.

Ditch the agencies, they come at a price.

50k per head plus & row boat in at nite avoiding water patrol, later u can work w/o permit at chinatown washing plates

50k per head plus & row boat in at nite avoiding water patrol, later u can work w/o permit at chinatown washing plates

Thats the easiest way into Aus! So many boat people these days... knn. Wasting us tax payer's money

Yeah first pay in Sg was so s#$%! No doubt it was a s--t company to work for too! Not accountant, but FX is a big part of job. [:p] Besides, we can't compare apple to orange, the very least we could do is compare in the same currency.

In WA FIFO, you get 90k p.a. just to be a storeman working 6 on 6 off.

Thats alright. A fresh grad working for Xstrata get that and slightly more working on site. Anyway for those "non-professional" position onsite, normally require some kind of connection, else its quite hard to get in.

Hi, I am not sure whether you have received the info you want, you can try this agency called nTrust, located at Ganges Centre (Havelock Rd). You can browse their website to get the contact number.

I am not familiar with their process or charges as this company is just my business client and it has nothing to do with migration. The manager is a nice guy and look quite sincere.

Australia is a nice place for short stay as expatriate but not sure whether it is the same as PR/citizen.

Hi, I am not sure whether you have received the info you want, you can try this agency called nTrust, located at Ganges Centre (Havelock Rd). You can browse their website to get the contact number.

I am not familiar with their process or charges as this company is just my business client and it has nothing to do with migration. The manager is a nice guy and look quite sincere.

Australia is a nice place for short stay as expatriate but not sure whether it is the same as PR/citizen.

Thanks Bro. It's a start. It will be an interesting journey alright. Thanks to everyone who PM'd too. I hope the others who were curious and were asking the same questions got some answers and useful info as well.

↡ Advertisement