How To Tell If Aftermarket Rim Is Original Or Replica?

Aeromania

i had my car sent in to check on the EPC light. They told me my ABS pump need to be changed. i was told it cost $5500 and would be dangerous if i didnt change it. so i agreed to change it. My rim and tyres are also time to change so i told them to change it as well which they said they will change to original set for me. Few days after the repairs, i checked with some of my friend workshop and found out that i could have saved the $5500 and change the ABS sensor instead of the ABS Pump. He then did a check for me and told me about the disgusting tricks that workshop had done. Well, of cause they denied and try to cover things up. Its not about the money issue, just dont like the dirty tricks.

This is terrible.  Absolutely disgusting. 

Time for a thread on black listed WS and their tricks for all to see clearly.

ABS pump cost $5.5k?  Wow.  simi chia.  Aventador?

↡ Advertisement

I would definitely not enter this workshop 'Perfect Werkz' at Synergy. Dishonest and terrible workshop. SOLD me replica tyres and rims, use replica or 2nd hand parts for repairs and charged me for original parts pricing. Told me that they have limited edition etc but after sending it to my other friend workshop then I was told the parts was not the original one. They will do unnecessary repairs and keep the original parts and replacing it with replica parts or 2nd hand parts. :pissed-off:

Any photos for verification?

This is terrible.  Absolutely disgusting. 

Time for a thread on black listed WS and their tricks for all to see clearly.

ABS pump cost $5.5k?  Wow.  simi chia.  Aventador?

Aventador ABS pump also not so expensive. Suspect it is a Koenigsegg or otherwise Pagani.

Does it make a difference if the replica is made in thailand, china or taiwan? Realised made in taiwan's replica are priced slightly higher

Does it make a difference if the replica is made in thailand, china or taiwan? Realised made in taiwan's replica are priced slightly higher

If it’s a replica, how would you trust the shop when they say it’s made in China, Taiwan or Thailand?

Consider a lesser known brand or no brand Taiwan rim than a replica.. usually replica manufacturers usually have 1 main aim.. to look like real and soay not care about durability? At least the lesser known Brand’s may be more focus on the quality as their aim may be to be a mainstream brand.. like how Philippines Rota become famous

I supposed replica is just copy design wheel (99% same design like Original).

Btw all replica wheels, I think the Quality depends on who the manufacturer is.

Wheels Manufacturers / companies market with Own Brand normally are more Quality oriented , because they are looking at Long term and responsible business (we know who they are)

REplica wheels also have Good Quality one if you know who they are not where they from.

My info that is 1 Thai wheels replica manufacturer Quality is GOOD and reliable.

Taiwan is also 1 of the reliable source ( you just got to make sure is TAIWAN)

CHina is coming up fast .    

(edited)

I supposed replica is just copy design wheel (99% same design like Original).

Btw all replica wheels, I think the Quality depends on who the manufacturer is.

Wheels Manufacturers / companies market with Own Brand normally are more Quality oriented , because they are looking at Long term and responsible business (we know who they are)

REplica wheels also have Good Quality one if you know who they are not where they from.

My info that is 1 Thai wheels replica manufacturer Quality is GOOD and reliable.

Taiwan is also 1 of the reliable source ( you just got to make sure is TAIWAN)

CHina is coming up fast .    

in my thinking.

a replica or non orginal rims is for example this case,

brand XXX make a cope of eg wedssport tc105

(1 of my fav rims) and sell it as tc105 that is a fake or replica to me.

but if they use the same design and sell it as their own brand, they are original in their own brand.

for example kyowa rims rota etc.

every rims design like mutispoke look more or less like that, cannot say my cheaper brand look like your more expensive brand, then my 1 is fake??

and last point , make in japan not = to original ( alot of japan brand car parts accessory now make in china)

we dun judge a rim original or not by its country of make,

or rather is it make by that brand own factory

Edited by Beregond
  • Dislike 1

in my thinking.

a replica or non orginal rims is for example this case,

brand XXX make a cope of eg wedssport tc105

(1 of my fav rims) and sell it as tc105 that is a fake or replica to me.

but if they use the same design and sell it as their own brand, they are original in their own brand.

for example kyowa rims rota etc.

every rims design like mutispoke look more or less like that, cannot say my cheaper brand look like your more expensive brand, then my 1 is fake??

and last point , make in japan not = to original ( alot of japan brand car parts accessory now make in china)

we dun judge a rim original or not by its country of make,

or rather is it make by that brand own factory

well said

replica are not imitation or fake / inferior product.

correct me if I am wrong , this wheel company just copy the design or similar designed , produced them and test them to certain industrial standard .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1