Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

Becasue Mini is a fun lifestyle car - so as many different options as possible for as many different lifestyles as possible.

Besides, its not that many - take a look at Beemer lineup, how many models and model variants will you count?

Different le. All Mini variant is from the same platform On the other hand, Bimmer variant is from diff platform le. By the way, Beemer is motorcycle.

↡ Advertisement

Different le. All Mini variant is from the same platform On the other hand, Bimmer variant is from diff platform le. By the way, Beemer is motorcycle.

Not exactly,

I think within the lineup there are three different chassis (but at least two)

I know that the Countryman shares a chassis with some other mini SUV (the x1?)

Back home we call a Beemer -

But ok leh - in deference to romans I will say Bimmer...

We also say Murk in stead of mersssss

Becasue Mini is a fun lifestyle car - so as many different options as possible for as many different lifestyles as possible.

Besides, its not that many - take a look at Beemer lineup, how many models and model variants will you count?

Lol, but for me i find all the same?! All looks like MINI. [:p]

I used to drive a one until I changed to a cooper. It's not that bad really. Despite the 95bhp, it's still pretty powerful and nifty.

Of cos, I'm looking forward to a cooper s in future other even a jcw - a true mini car :)

i like 'S' because the engine is "better" but hor.. Cooper look nicer from the outside.. very classic with mental grill and metal bar on top :)

That day saw the matt green cooper in the showroom , damn choi :)

i guess.. if you like cooper.. it's really not abt the "latest".. its how classic it looks.

Then buy an original mini, not these pseudo classic rip-offs...

great car...but do take extra care and consideration if u go down the modding route....

it can become a pretty touchy car after modding......especially if performance wise....

I am looking at the possibilities of getting a used, about 5 years old MCS. Checking through sgcarmart, most depreciate about 12 to 13K a year.

It does seems on the high side isn't it? What is your opinion, what kind of depreciation do you think a 5 year old MCS should be?

Neutral Newbie

bro... I driving a MINI MCS.

the drive experience definitely worth more than the depreciation.

I owned 3 MINIs so far... no regrets. when you start spinning in the car with all the attention, 13k is nothing.

besides, we have a very fun loving committee.. small but fun. you can see us very often convoying around the island. trust me... its fun else I wouldn't keep changing back to a MINI.

(edited)

bro... I driving a MINI MCS.

the drive experience definitely worth more than the depreciation.

I owned 3 MINIs so far... no regrets. when you start spinning in the car with all the attention, 13k is nothing.

besides, we have a very fun loving committee.. small but fun. you can see us very often convoying around the island. trust me... its fun else I wouldn't keep changing back to a MINI.

Totally agree...it about the experience of driving & owning one.... [flowerface]

Edited by Busker888

Hi all,

I am actually on the look out for a MCS.

Was trying to surf the local mini site, but it seems to have gone down over the past few days.

I need some advise with regards to the Mini Cooper S, and hope that some of the more experienced bros here can help me :)

I am looking at the current mini cooper s found here.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=368792&DL=2404

Will appreciate comments from bros here on your thoughts on the car, and also any other questions I may need to direct to the dealer. I really love the MCS, and would want to get one that can last me a good 2 years before I have to change car for family planning.

Thanks!

Edited by Billionzzzz

Hi all,

I am actually on the look out for a MCS.

Was trying to surf the local mini site, but it seems to have gone down over the past few days.

I need some advise with regards to the Mini Cooper S, and hope that some of the more experienced bros here can help me :)

I am looking at the current mini cooper s found here.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=368792&DL=2404

Will appreciate comments from bros here on your thoughts on the car, and also any other questions I may need to direct to the dealer. I really love the MCS, and would want to get one that can last me a good 2 years before I have to change car for family planning.

Thanks!

Mini Sg forum will be down till 31 Dec due to technical reason. If u like that car, juz get it check out by a trusted ws.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

My wife and I were thinking of getting a Mini Cabrio for like 1 to 2 years before we decide to have our own kids.

We were thinking if getting a 2nd hand Mini Cabrio is worth it?

I also recall a few months ago Mini Habitat got this Mini Ownership program where you can "Loan" a mini for a period like 1 year or 3 years kind and don't have to pay downpayment, road tax, etc. Is it still available now?

Any mini owners can give me some pros and cons on both option pls?

Cheers!

Hi all,

My wife and I were thinking of getting a Mini Cabrio for like 1 to 2 years before we decide to have our own kids.

I also recall a few months ago Mini Habitat got this Mini Ownership program where you can "Loan" a mini for a period like 1 year or 3 years kind and don't have to pay downpayment, road tax, etc. Is it still available now?

Cheers!

Hello, getting a 2nd hand mini cabrio is definitely more worth it due to the lower depreciation... but it comes with a price depending how old the car you will be getting... and if you are gonna drive it for just 1 or 2 yrs, a newer second hand one seems fine ... but i have to warn you, it is not easy to sell a MINI on the second hand market these days ... so u have to expect some loss there...

yea i have read about the leasing of minis by MINI... pros are that you need not bear the cost of servicing and road tax and insurance...

on the other hand, you are paying installments for something which u do not own if u get what i mean... like renting a home...

hope this helps, if not u can go to the mini forum for advise... the people there are friendly and will definitely be of help.

Hi all,

Cheers!

I juz got R56 in Jan from Mini Next. it was a ex-demo car registered in Jul 2012 with 2.7k mileage. For price, i got 35k off the list price off the same car.

Mini Habitat provides 3 yrs maintenance from 1st day of registeration.

I luv it so much that i drove a lot. It is mostly driven on wkend. Currently, my mileage is 6.1k.

↡ Advertisement