Mini Cooper queries

Lucaswh

Any owner of the new 2014 Mini Cooper? Would love to hear opinion from mini owners.

My Mazda 3 is retiring soon so I will be looking for a new ride. Although I would probably get a Jap ride but I really like the looks of Mini. But my father dislike 2-door hatch with poor rear leg room and questionable reliability and serviceability of euro rides [smash]

↡ Advertisement

Any owner of the new 2014 Mini Cooper? Would love to hear opinion from mini owners.

My Mazda 3 is retiring soon so I will be looking for a new ride. Although I would probably get a Jap ride but I really like the looks of Mini. But my father dislike 2-door hatch with poor rear leg room and questionable reliability and serviceability of euro rides [smash]

U might have better luck in BMWMINI-SG.

Anyway, how do u know that european car is questionable reliability and servicability?

If u like driving, the drive is addictive. I have clocked 5k km since Jan 16 & my car is mostly driven over the wkend.

Rear leg room is dependant on how tall u are. I m 1.7m. No issue.

Yesterday, my car has 4 adults + medium size air purifier.

Well, it's my father who has a lot of negative opinion with euro rides. He will have a say in my new ride haha.

I am 1.8m and usually I drive alone or ferry my mum around. My mum like the mini though.

Thanks. Just check out mini forum. Will read up :)

U might have better luck in BMWMINI-SG.

Anyway, how do u know that european car is questionable reliability and servicability?

If u like driving, the drive is addictive. I have clocked 5k km since Jan 16 & my car is mostly driven over the wkend.

Rear leg room is dependant on how tall u are. I m 1.7m. No issue.

Yesterday, my car has 4 adults + medium size air purifier.

New 2014 mini will have a 4-door version (not the countryman)... keep a lookout... only drawback is not so mini liao (but still much smaller than countryman)

New 2014 mini will have a 4-door version (not the countryman)... keep a lookout... only drawback is not so mini liao (but still much smaller than countryman)

Nice. Thanks for the info. I visited the show room and sat at the driver position of the Cooper S. The interior is really special. Seats are very comfortable. Rear is cramp as expected. Never test drive but will arrange one to experience. Not sure if I will like the 'fun ride' because I have been driving Mazda 3 for 10 years :)

Supercharged

Nice. Thanks for the info. I visited the show room and sat at the driver position of the Cooper S. The interior is really special. Seats are very comfortable. Rear is cramp as expected. Never test drive but will arrange one to experience. Not sure if I will like the 'fun ride' because I have been driving Mazda 3 for 10 years :)

I am not sure how old are you but if you plan to get marry soon and have kids. MINI is a no no and you will regret it. I used to have a bmw 118i (believe bigger than mini) before I got married. There after got kid and really a big headache. no where to put kids stuff. go in and out also difficult. after 2 years I changed. luckily didn't lose much only the depreciation as I am the first 118i in the resale market where the dealer still testing water. unless the mini is a second car. I disagree with the conti cars are not reliable. they are only expensive in parts other being the same. servicing is expensive because the agent make it expensive. I have driving different conti cars for so long and they are ok and better than jap cars which tends to rattle over years but conti cars still solid.

I am not sure how old are you but if you plan to get marry soon and have kids. MINI is a no no and you will regret it. I used to have a bmw 118i (believe bigger than mini) before I got married. There after got kid and really a big headache. no where to put kids stuff. go in and out also difficult. after 2 years I changed. luckily didn't lose much only the depreciation as I am the first 118i in the resale market where the dealer still testing water. unless the mini is a second car. I disagree with the conti cars are not reliable. they are only expensive in parts other being the same. servicing is expensive because the agent make it expensive. I have driving different conti cars for so long and they are ok and better than jap cars which tends to rattle over years but conti cars still solid.

Thanks bro for your advice. I'm just considering my options. Very open to ideas. Right now I have no plans to get married and have kids, maybe that's why I'm throwing mini into one of my choices. Haha. I do agree even if I'm not going to have family, switching from sedan to a 2-door hatch might not be ideal. Keeping my options open now :)

Thanks bro for your advice. I'm just considering my options. Very open to ideas. Right now I have no plans to get married and have kids, maybe that's why I'm throwing mini into one of my choices. Haha. I do agree even if I'm not going to have family, switching from sedan to a 2-door hatch might not be ideal. Keeping my options open now :)

Why not?

I switched from E39 520 to Toyota MRS to Mini Cooper S.

I am married with no kids.

Wonder when it will arrive here?

http://youtu.be/zbDgiJ8aHxA

The 5-door mini will arrive sometimes end of this year or may be 1Q next year.

Many pure mini enthusiasts would probably trash any models that is not in the pure hatch form but to me mini as a brand has to move on to more variety.

It will be interesting to see how this model is priced.

The 5-door mini will arrive sometimes end of this year or may be 1Q next year.

Many pure mini enthusiasts would probably trash any models that is not in the pure hatch form but to me mini as a brand has to move on to more variety.

It will be interesting to see how this model is priced.

No doubt that this is the nicest looking 5 door hatchback in the market. I will still trash it being a Mini purist.

Based on the pricing Germany, it should be about the same price in Sg as 3 door hatchback.

No doubt that this is the nicest looking 5 door hatchback in the market. I will still trash it being a Mini purist.

Based on the pricing Germany, it should be about the same price in Sg as 3 door hatchback.

For me, at a personal level, with my usage requirements, if this 5-door doesn't come, I won't be able to own a mini that I have been lusting for over 5 years now.

I cheered when the Countryman was launched, test driven it and I was sorely disappointed, plus the Countryman just doesn't look right. This 5-door hatch looks ok on the web plus other videos I watched, will have to see the actual car when it is launched.

I watched Car Buyer UK video where they had a preview for a few customers, the take away for me is that there seems to be a market for such a car for mini.

For mini purist, I understand your point of view.

For me, at a personal level, with my usage requirements, if this 5-door doesn't come, I won't be able to own a mini that I have been lusting for over 5 years now.

I cheered when the Countryman was launched, test driven it and I was sorely disappointed, plus the Countryman just doesn't look right. This 5-door hatch looks ok on the web plus other videos I watched, will have to see the actual car when it is launched.

I watched Car Buyer UK video where they had a preview for a few customers, the take away for me is that there seems to be a market for such a car for mini.

For mini purist, I understand your point of view.

The market for 5 doors hatch is always bigger than 3 door hatch especially in Asia.

(edited)

Went to Mini Habitat for a test drive of Mini Cooper. Was surprised to see the Mini One released 2 days ago. So decided to test drive the One instead of the Cooper.

It's the first time I drove a Mini and I was pleasantly surprised by the reasonably powerful 1.2l engine on the One. Pick up was fast and steering was moderate, not too heavy or light. I was expecting a noisy and bumpy ride but it was actually a decently smooth and quiet ride. I could also steer quite confidently at some bends. Overall I enjoyed the drive very much [thumbsup]

I got a brochure from the friendly and helpful Sales Consultant Jonathan Chen who served me. For bros and sis who are interested, the Mini One is priced around 123k.

Edited by Kaiserdome

Supersonic

Onli 1 mini i'll ever consider: Cooper S. JCW oso can but R56 MCS hits the sweet spot. [thumbsup]

Onli 1 mini i'll ever consider: Cooper S. JCW oso can but R56 MCS hits the sweet spot. [thumbsup]

Haha. I guess the One is the 'poor man''s Mini. Coming from a underpowered Mazda 3, my experience with the One is it's already a pocket rocket, the Cooper S definitely has a lot more to offer :)

Haha. I guess the One is the 'poor man''s Mini. Coming from a underpowered Mazda 3, my experience with the One is it's already a pocket rocket, the Cooper S definitely has a lot more to offer :)

↡ Advertisement