16 Maid Agencies fined $$ fixing - Petrol companies ??

Tigerwoods

Read today papers and it left a bitter after taste in my mouth (not from my Kopi O Kosong).

Its so easy to catch 16 agencies but the pump prices (now with masking of discounts, tie up with Credit cards, reward point perks) - with a simple Math calculation, are all the same.

Sorry for the Saturday <RANTING>

↡ Advertisement

Yup, I'd love it if the maid agencies fight back and publicly ask and demand answer: how different is their tactic from that used by the petrol companies??

At least, in the maid agencies' case, the benefit goes to the maids - which is a good thing - in the form of higher wages for them. Petrol companies just raise prices purely for their own profits and fat bonuses...

Well, u know ways the different? They hold the discussion locally, openly but those super rich hold their discussion over a golf game at Hawaii... [:p]

why they nab the agency but didnt look into the petrol company???

Because if you look into the loyalty points/rebates + credit card discounts, the cartels can argue their way out that there is indeed an overall "price difference" between them.

And by offering products for redemption not availablle to other brands, it would almost be impossible to determine the points value, unless we calculate the per point value dollar of the redemption item.

Unless there's a law to challenge them on price fixing sololy through nett price.

Silly maid companies fix the price blatantly and so greedy to increase 20% when they could just reach a subtle understanding that they use a marker and people follow...

Motley crew, silly, short term gain, of course get caught.

Isn't it like all crimes? The vulgar bank robber gets caught but slick rouge trader just shrugs his shoulders. Crime is the same for both.

Fat bonuses is for the staff and as well as the bosses... Same like gahmen... Gahmen set one..... So they cannot catch the petrol coy...

While agency raise price, eventhough for the maids benefits, is seen as personal gain... So cannot... If there is a need to increase, must be shared with the rest....

Thats y get caught...

how much are the maid agencies contribution to our GDP in a year compared to the petrol companies in a month?

Read today papers and it left a bitter after taste in my mouth (not from my Kopi O Kosong).

Its so easy to catch 16 agencies but the pump prices (now with masking of discounts, tie up with Credit cards, reward point perks) - with a simple Math calculation, are all the same.

Sorry for the Saturday <RANTING>

maids dont want competition cannot.

petrol coys fix price can? :blink:[crazy][confused]

Well, u know ways the different? They hold the discussion locally, openly but those super rich hold their discussion over a golf game at Hawaii... [:p]

In fact they did not discuss over golf game.

They just follow each other can already.

You increase, I increase later, You decrease, I decrease later.

Golf games are to celebrate the easy money earn from daft drivers...

Maid agency broke the law when they are caught and convicted.

Petrol co broke the bank when they are accused. they invest B$ on this island surely they are allowed to control something ?

all 4 price the same? currently Shell is the most expensive..they extricated themselves already

They love Golf. Ever heard of Drive for Show, Putt for Money ?

Frankly they have to show some resistance to price down or price up to play up a show.

I don't know why everywhere else in the world you have different pump orices from competitors but here they have the muscle to fix prices.

Garment fabric is very weak need to start spraying STARCH and IRON ...

all 4 price the same? currently Shell is the most expensive..they extricated themselves already

vpower nia.

95 and 98 from shell same as the rest.