• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
81 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 07 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Verve
  • Verve
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any good tailors to recommend

my colleagues are asking me to go to romeo and juliet tailor quite near to baiyoke sky

prices ard 40 per shirt

how does this compare to pinky tailor i heard pinky is good but more expensive

intend to make around 15 shirts and 4 pants so savings can be quite big if i find the right tailor who has good quality and reasonable prices.

thanks all in advance for contributing.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

Berncsp76
  • Premium member
    Berncsp76
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can try Some shops in MBK, prices also about 40per shirt.

I had my 15 shirt double-fold sleeve with cufflink holes done at a more outlying shopping mall. Per shirt is about SGD$18 after bargaining (Had my OC's sister's bf who can speak Thai to negotiate) Cant remember the shop name, is on the 2nd floor. I saved on the shipping cost as he was coming back about 2 weeks later. If priority tailoring I think add about $5 per shirt (which I had also asked) but I din go for it.

PM me if you need the mall's info. cool.gif

I am the XMM TIKO RANGER!

Success is a journey...not a destination - Steven Gerrard

Dare we dream...YNWA!

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:06 PM

Berncsp76
  • Premium member
    Berncsp76
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Was thinking coz this shop not in SG no harm to state here.

The Mall Bangkae, G Zone Fashion Hall, 1 Moo 1 Petchkasem Road, Bangkae, Bangkok 10160

Getting There: Take a taxi to Phet Kasem soi 82 which is near the intersection of Phet kasem and Kanchanaphisek road. About 30mins away from Platinum Shopping Mall. Taxi fare about 150-200Baht.

http://g.co/maps/67q3f

3559777.jpg

Edited by Berncsp76, 07 October 2011 - 09:08 PM.

I am the XMM TIKO RANGER!

Success is a journey...not a destination - Steven Gerrard

Dare we dream...YNWA!

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I use Nickermann's at Landmark Hotel. http://www.nickermanns.net/
Before they measured me, they asked which part of the shirt i was wearing I like to be looser or tighter/slimmer. I wanted slimmer sleeves, so they used pins to make them tighter on the spot and asked if it's ok. If not ok, pin again till ok. And i wanted my waist area a little looser. So they let me wear one of their shirts but it was too loose... so out came the pins again... pin till I'm happy.
Only when I was happy with the size did they start to take the measurements. And as expected the shirts came out exactly as i wanted them! They are unlike the other tailors who chop chop take measurements in 1 min or less.
And that was not all. As i ordered 5 shirts, they asked if I would like them to make one first for a fitting the next day before making the other 4. That was the first and only time a tailor as affordable as them offered me fittings for shirts. For jackets yes but not for shirts. I am happy with their service and i recommend them.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Ronleo
  • Premium member
    Ronleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I use Nickermann's at Landmark Hotel. http://www.nickermanns.net/
Before they measured me, they asked which part of the shirt i was wearing I like to be looser or tighter/slimmer. I wanted slimmer sleeves, so they used pins to make them tighter on the spot and asked if it's ok. If not ok, pin again till ok. And i wanted my waist area a little looser. So they let me wear one of their shirts but it was too loose... so out came the pins again... pin till I'm happy.
Only when I was happy with the size did they start to take the measurements. And as expected the shirts came out exactly as i wanted them! They are unlike the other tailors who chop chop take measurements in 1 min or less.
And that was not all. As i ordered 5 shirts, they asked if I would like them to make one first for a fitting the next day before making the other 4. That was the first and only time a tailor as affordable as them offered me fittings for shirts. For jackets yes but not for shirts. I am happy with their service and i recommend them.

Seem like the service really good!
So how much u paid for the shirt?

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

Teoky
  • Teoky
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Try this http://www.samsurin.com/

Very good service.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:47 AM

Ultramega
  • Ultramega
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Seem like the service really good!
So how much u paid for the shirt?

About 40sgd each :)

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Most custom-made tailors in BKK, MBK charges the same amount, don't go for cheap cheap shirt, being there and done that.

Pay abit more for ' QUALITY ' & Workmanship, MBK are mass marketed, they sub-out to their factory hand and made thru orders, sometimes good, most times needs correction, after a while service attitudes becomes lax coz biz too good and cannot cope with demands from local and tourists.

Try Amarin PLaza, Ploenchit Rd, Lumpini, Phathumwan, 2nd floor near side entrance by overhead from Holiday Inn otel, U can notice the display of his modern shirt design and cutting from window or The Tall Otel behind WTC, ( cant rem the otel name ), the otel reception counter is mid level, it's at the corner shop.

Made my Tuxedo last one half year, paid a fraction for it as compared to Sp, worth every baht. ( pricing approx S$45-50 per shirt )

Can oso try Amari Watergate Otel ( Opp Platinium Wholesale centre ) on 2nd level, owned by modern Silkh family, a humble old man, many Sp corporate company held coy convention there made their, both Ladies and Gents are satisfied with the services. You can see many Sp customers name card pasted under the table glass top.
Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Wolfy3769
  • Wolfy3769
    4th Gear
    Author Image

careful on some of the fabric they offer. some will bead very badly.

As for the mass tailor, i think it is common practise in BKK, even in Singapore.

Dont think the tailor will sew their own order.

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

KapitanE
  • KapitanE
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any good tailors to recommend

my colleagues are asking me to go to romeo and juliet tailor quite near to baiyoke sky

prices ard 40 per shirt

how does this compare to pinky tailor i heard pinky is good but more expensive

intend to make around 15 shirts and 4 pants so savings can be quite big if i find the right tailor who has good quality and reasonable prices.

thanks all in advance for contributing.

Pinky is da best....

No signature is required

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Jermy
  • Premium member
    Jermy
    4th Gear
    Author Image

A.Song tailors, website: http://asongbangkok....com/contact.htm

Made my wedding suit & numerous shirts there. Fast service & fair prices. Shop is located a short distance off a side lane. Old friendly man runs the shop, many foreigners & locals visit his store.

In the biz since 1977 thumbsup.gif

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Qpik
  • Premium member
    Qpik
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have tried A.Song and Pinky. Pinky win hands down. More selection in terms of fabric and workmanship much better.
It is difficult to make a Man understand anything especially when his salary expect him not to understand anything.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

Darrenlee
  • Darrenlee
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I make mine at Paul's Fashion at Amari Watergate. Shirts are either 700B to 100B depending on material. Pants are a little more pricey though.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I make mine at Paul's Fashion at Amari Watergate. Shirts are either 700B to 100B depending on material. Pants are a little more pricey though.

Me too, always use this...
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Cdior
  • Cdior
    Banned

crazy or what.
go bkk, make what shirt.
go bkk, must go posidon!! natarell , emeumell !!
400 NM to U!

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Route
  • Premium member
    Route
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I use crown tailors.... Not bad...

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Frisco
  • Frisco
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Try Pinky Tailor. About $40 per shirt. Best is bring your own shirt and ask them to follow the measurement. So you can be assured size of the shirt goes well and no need alteration. Save extra trip.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seems like the savings not that big. Its only abt ~30% cheaper than SG.
SG i think u can tailor a cotton shirt for $65.

Unless u making quite a few shirts, then maybe the savings r significant!
Though if u like to go BKK to do other things, then maybe yeah its worth it.

Edited by Lala81, 09 October 2011 - 01:34 PM.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seems like the savings not that big. Its only abt ~30% cheaper than SG.
SG i think u can tailor a cotton shirt for $65.

Unless u making quite a few shirts, then maybe the savings r significant!
Though if u like to go BKK to do other things, then maybe yeah its worth it.

I got it here for $50. I could embroiled my initial for $3 per letter.

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:41 PM

Ronleo
  • Premium member
    Ronleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Same here, been using Paul Fashion since 2004. Shirt rates are 700B for me cos I normally make at least 10 shirts.

Then recently went there in June, saw a new shop on same level call La Moda, tat guy say 550B per shirt.

Hmmm... make 10 shirt extra saving of 1500B, pants saving abt 400B each. Damn good deal....... Then when I got it at my hotel room, only one word to describe... NIGHTMARE!!!

Back to Men's Hobby  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users