Traffic police to use unmarked patrol cars on the road

Civic2000

I think this piece of 'news' help because last night at around 8pm driving towards Changi airport on ECP ,the 1st lane are 'empty' as compare to previous ,and even if there is some vehicle on the 1st lane , it quickly fliter left after noticing that there is no vehicle in front and behind of it .

↡ Advertisement

Now got  unmark TP bikes as well. Be careful. At first when I saw the pics circulating I didn't think much about it until I saw just now on PIE a TP officer in black uniform with no badges or nametag, wearing matt black helmet as well. He stopped a motorcyclist along the expressway near Kallang exit(towards Changi).

post-18163-0-57041700-1463029060_thumb.jpg post-18163-0-30129000-1463029067_thumb.jpg

Now got  unmark TP bikes as well. Be careful. At first when I saw the pics circulating I didn't think much about it until I saw just now on PIE a TP officer in black uniform with no badges or nametag, wearing matt black helmet as well. He stopped a motorcyclist along the expressway near Kallang exit(towards Changi).

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

I don't know which smart scholar think or approve this kind of "under-covered" operation.

The police present must be seem clearly to deter drivers from speeding or other road traffic offences and not play hide and seek with drivers.  

It is the same logic that why we want to show our military assets during NDP. Show enough to deter any potential aggressor to think twice before trying anything funny on us.  

Not that I support it, but logically, TP will need to find a balance between visibility presence vs hidden fear.

It cannot reach a stage whereby people only behave when they see TP around.

The hidden fear has to be there so that drivers will always have this shadow of doubt hanging over their head even if they do not see bright flashing TP bikes/patrol cars around. a.k.a mind f*** by the TP

Good or bad is up for debate.

I don't know which smart scholar think or approve this kind of "under-covered" operation.

The police present must be seem clearly to deter drivers from speeding or other road traffic offences and not play hide and seek with drivers.  

It is the same logic that why we want to show our military assets during NDP. Show enough to deter any potential aggressor to think twice before trying anything funny on us.  

• Praise 1

I think it's a bad idea. If I would be ask to stop, I will just speed up and ignore cos no badges or anything. To me this guy is trying to play prank.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

attachicon.gifBlack tp.jpg attachicon.gifBlack tp1.jpg

I hope they catch those e-bikers speeding in modified ebikes along Kallang / Geylang / Lavender area; everyday I can see one or two when I pass by  

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

Not that I support it, but logically, TP will need to find a balance between visibility presence vs hidden fear.

It cannot reach a stage whereby people only behave when they see TP around.

The hidden fear has to be there so that drivers will always have this shadow of doubt hanging over their head even if they do not see bright flashing TP bikes/patrol cars around. a.k.a mind f*** by the TP

Good or bad is up for debate.

平生不做亏心事,半夜敲门心不惊

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 3

I hope they catch those e-bikers speeding in modified ebikes along Kallang / Geylang / Lavender area; everyday I can see one or two when I pass by

LTA has setup a team to tackle this problem.

I think it's a bad idea. If I would be ask to stop, I will just speed up and ignore cos no badges or anything. To me this guy is trying to play prank.

Rem u could b charge with ignoring police order. Worse case, the entire police force might hunt u down like a drug mule

LTA has setup a team to tackle this problem.

Rem u could b charge with ignoring police order. Worse case, the entire police force might hunt u down like a drug mule

In the first place we don't even know he's a police with no badges. I scare for my life so I speed up to avoid him.  [laugh]

In the first place we don't even know he's a police with no badges. I scare for my life so I speed up to avoid him. [laugh]

Good luck. Hope not to c u on STOMP.

Don't worry, I bet the officer will show you this before flagging you to stop. Please come back & let us know if they don't :D

post-124189-0-42609000-1463042856.jpg

• Praise 1

Paging Mustank!

How much for this mobile blinker on Taobao? should be ciggy socket operated one right?

:XD:

Don't worry, I bet the officer will show you this before flagging you to stop. Please come back & let us know if they don't :D