Accident with SBS bus...Any expert can advise?

Hammerhammer

After discussion with the bus driver he ask me to go to the bus depot to discuss the matter. Dun report to my taxi company first. Then I ask my senior they says according to the BOLA chart I have a 100% case. Because insurance for SBS bus is very high and even 50/50 the driver will lose his performance bonus and year end bonus when involve in accident and the NCD will be affected. So most like they will ask the driver to pay some of the damage. The bus got no damage because my bumper scratch against the fenders/wheel arch and it scarp my paint off and dented it. Any expert here can advise? I have to intention to ask for a lot as my senior suggest. Only want them to pay me about $300 to repair my bumper.

seriously I think you are in the wrong. Hard to fight as you are in yellow box and bus has right of way as infront is red light. You are not supposed to move.

But I check is the GIC website this is what I get leh....

The Barometer of Liability Chart will apply in the following situations:

1. Agreed facts within an agreed scenario

2. Conflicting facts/versions of circumstances of accident within an agreed scenario (e.g. BOLA applies even if there are disputes over

No wonder cab drivers have such a bad rep, esp Transcab [mad] . Is it that hard to give way to one bus that you needed to move into the yellow box while the lights are red to block it??? [thumbsdown]

Hopefully they'll decide that since you weren't moving initially, the lights were still red and the bus merged in and already stopped (with you being rude and inconsiderate when you hit him) = that you are at fault!

Edited by Elfenstar

Ya agree, quite hard to fight and this video you have may be against you. Clearly shows before the light turn green, you started moving already. And the light turn green when the collision occur. Play safe. My friend collided with a SBS bus before, it's at Braddell road, at the traffic junction leading towards CTE(AYE). He made a U-turn at right most lane and the bus driver made a U-turn on the 2nd lane and collided with my friend. And my friend have to pay for damages. <_<

But the problem is I did not anticipate the bus to chut this stunt. After all the bus is in a bus lane and the lane can turn and go straight. So I dun see why the bus should filter to my lane. Only reason I can think of he saw the front vehicle turning so he dun want to wait and just filter to the next lane. This is what I hate about buses. Already give them a Red bus lane to travel the whole day and still not contend and want to use the next lane. We already very pack on the lane next to the bus lane. Why can't they be more patient? Ultimately they will still be ahead of us due to the congestion we have in our own lane and they have their personal lane to travel jam free.

I move off because behind got another car trying to squeeze into my lane and I just want him to have more space so as not to jam up the road when all the vehicle moves off. And I move of at the right timing because once I clear the yellow box the car ahead would have move off. How I know the bus want to filter in. I just being considerate to the car behind because he want to turn left but did not have the opportunity to form up correctly in the first place.

I agree most Transcab driver are reckless. But if you compare to Buses especially SMRT ones and those JB Express and Causeway Link buses you think our taxis more fierce then them? I even have to siam them on BKE when they suka suka can cut in to the second lane to overtake the big lorries. No regards to other road users.

what the...

dont know your what BOLA BOLA but from this video it seems clearly you deliberately caused an accident!

for whatever the reason.....

pardon me..i may be wrong as im not on the scene.

but the video showed you accelerated faster even when the bus was coming into your lane.

Edited by PowerMaxII

Anyway I know most of the people here dun like taxis. I personally also dun like taxis last time. But when I started driving one, I become more accommodating towards other road users as I am on the road more.

Forget it, if you guys are so bias then no point reply. Thanks

sleeping? from what i see, it is an accident that can clearly be avoided.

it seems more like you die die move to hit the bus. you are not looking forward, did you?

Anyway I know most of the people here dun like taxis. I personally also dun like taxis last time. But when I started driving one, I become more accommodating towards other road users as I am on the road more.

Forget it, if you guys are so bias then no point reply. Thanks

you are to stop in front of the yellow box... why u so gan cheong to move in?

got sh!t coming out iszit?

I already says that I did not anticipate the bus to filter into my lane. Because the bus is in a bus lane. For what I want to cause an accident. The time the incident happen is just minutes away from the peak hour. And I am on the way to do an airport departure job. And also I am not in a rush as I still have 10mins to my booking time and I only need 5mins to reach my destination. And I dun go early loh. Because if before 5pm I reach and the guest is early I start meter only $3.00 + $2.50 (booking fees) after 5pm I start meter is $3.00 + $1.05(35% peak) + $3.00 (City) + $3.50 (Booking). It's $5.50 vs $10.55 so definitely I am not in a rush.