Used 2005 xc90 vs ml350 7seater

Cook1234

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

I considering a family utility vehicle which is solid and safe. I notice that the price of a 2005 volvo xc90 and 2005 benz ML350 are about the same.

XC90 is a much more common car on the road.

Does anyone have any feedback about the 2005 or 2004 ML350? For about the same price, would you go for the three pointed star?

↡ Advertisement

Depend on what you are looking for. Better go see it for yourself. XC90 is very family/child friendly, easy to use the last row, etc... very well packaged.

ML350 was essentially designed primarily for the US market....and it built in either north or south america...or both (not sure). Not as all-rounded as the XC90...

Choice is quite clear.

XC90 is the choice. Common also means spares availabilities.

For ML350, unless you are getting the SUV for leisure and hobby, and as a spare car in yor garage. it will likely be a white elephant.

Since they are preowned u may wanna think about maintenance cost. I believe ML service cost by c&c ain't cheap but since both are conti u may wanna compare notes between them. although there are accomplish conti workshop out there.

Been in an ML and it's a solid built car. Very perky too eventhough I believe its a 2ton car. Easily brings smile to driver's face! It's a 5 seater only while xc90 is 7 iirc. Luggage space almost warrants it's own property tax since it's a 5seater so loading area is deep too.

Both choices are good but I will choose the merc if in your shoes. U may wanna compare the materials they used inside just to see which has better value.

Neutral Newbie

I was told that the older model for xc 90 have some issues with the engine/gearbox.. better do some more research before buying...

ML350 is the headturner for me..but I will chose xc90 as I need one too...too bad the price is too much for me to swallow..