Taiwan: Road Trip - Taiwan

Lammy84

Thanks for reply bro,I'm thinking of that too, Taoyuan to taichung -HSR,then rent a car from Taichung>chingjing>Sun moon lake>kenting>kaoshiong,and return car at Kaoshiong take HSR to taipei,what u thing bro?any good suggestion?

How you intend to drive from SML to Kenting?

via - Hualien -> Tai tong -> KenTing?

↡ Advertisement

There are a few things which you need to take note, especially in the cities.

1. There are several type of traffic light junction are. Those with 3 lights, 4 lights and 5 lights. 3 lights are pretty much like our Singapore one. Turn left and right as long as there is no oncoming traffic and pedestrian crossing respectively. 4 lights, you need to wait for the left turn green arrow. And lastly, 5 lights, where you need to wait for both the right and left turn arrow to turn.

2. Watch out for the scooters, they're everywhere and may not follow traffic rules. But most will siam your car because they know in any accident, they are at the losing end.

3. Parking in public car parks (those under the town/city council). There will be parking attendants going around in scooter putting slips of paper underneath your wiper. To pay, you just have to bring the paper to any convenience store and pay there. Super convenient.

4. Finally, i find that Taiwanese drivers are hell lot better than ours. Eg, if you turn out in an uncontrolled junction, oncoming traffic will simply slow down for you to complete the turn instead of horning you.

I beg to differ on 2 and 4. Having live in Taiwan for more than a year, can always hear news of scooter trying to create fake accident for monetary claims. When accident happened involved car and scooter, liability is always greater for car regardless of who is right or wrong. Law in Taiwan incline towards protecting people on 2 wheels. Traffic rules? Don't believe in that. Everyday I see cars beating red light and sometimes driving against traffic. If you love to beat red light, you would love this place.

On Taiwanese drivers are hell lot better than ours. Just want to share a piece of news from today.

窄巷互不讓道 斧頭哥砍人劈車

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/local/20141202/517103

Although road rage also happen in Singapore, I would say the road rage here is more bloody and exciting.. Remember not long ago, there is this hogging accident which ended with one of the car being forced to plunge out from the highway into a river below killing the driver and passenger..

All being said, none of the above has happened to me so far (touchwood), other than the first company car was stolen. I would say is quite safe and enjoyable to drive around in Taiwan (taking traffic jam out of consideration).

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I beg to differ on 2 and 4. Having live in Taiwan for more than a year, can always hear news of scooter trying to create fake accident for monetary claims. When accident happened involved car and scooter, liability is always greater for car regardless of who is right or wrong. Law in Taiwan incline towards protecting people on 2 wheels. Traffic rules? Don't believe in that. Everyday I see cars beating red light and sometimes driving against traffic. If you love to beat red light, you would love this place.

On Taiwanese drivers are hell lot better than ours. Just want to share a piece of news from today.

窄巷互不讓道 斧頭哥砍人劈車

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/local/20141202/517103

Although road rage also happen in Singapore, I would say the road rage here is more bloody and exciting.. Remember not long ago, there is this hogging accident which ended with one of the car being forced to plunge out from the highway into a river below killing the driver and passenger..

All being said, none of the above has happened to me so far (touchwood), other than the first company car was stolen. I would say is quite safe and enjoyable to drive around in Taiwan (taking traffic jam out of consideration).

IMO, i think it's also because of the tendency for drivers and motorcyclist to break traffic rules, everyone tend to be more aware of your surrounding. It's not necessarily a bad thing if you look at it.

In Singapore, everything is law by law, and drivers expect all other road users to know the rules and regulations (which isn't always the case), therefore, we tend to let our guard down here and drive less defensively.

• Praise 1

Now in TW? How is the weather in Cingjing?

Last year Dec when I was there, it was almost non stop raining...

Its Cooling ... About 10 deg plus minus ... Not so much rain ...

dun photoshop your picture to con us ok [laugh][laugh]

Your Photoshop Lagi Champion ... [laugh]

wow... very nice shot indeed... hope is indeed not "photoshop"... anyway give u the benefit of doubts [:p]

There was no manipulation on the Photo ... It was only 3 Exposures, combined into 1 ... +/- 2 ...

Old Farts like me call it Multiple Exposure ... The New Generation call it HDR ...

This Type *We* damn Happy right... 😂 😂

你不要拉我下水 ... 我是 Innocent 的 ... 😂

Edited by Chowyunfatt

Hello.... #nofilter ok?

You mean like GD & ND Filters? ... Everything done moderately is ok ...

Don't follow those Extremist ... 😉

Edited by Chowyunfatt
↡ Advertisement