Continental or Bridgestone, Please advise

Civic2000

Normally if MIJ, you can see big printed "Made in Japan" around side wall. If not then should came from others asia country.....

I go thru the whole sidewall fine wording also din say where... [confused]

But Tyre Shop guy told me sticker said Made in Europe... [:/]

↡ Advertisement

surely all tyres print their country of manufacture on the tyre.

But not on both side, if you can't find it, its probably on the inner side of the tyres.

Maybe next time change must scan thru whole tyre liao... [drivingcar]

Conti tires very funny. Only say german technology. Mabye made in china even.

But i got conti max contact 5 fm jb. Says made in msia on tire. But quality not that great.

I try abt 150-160kmh on nshw n car swaying a bit. I use yoko a.drive r1 do 180kmh still very stable. But normal driving below 150kmh not much problem on e cmc5.

I am using Conti CSC 3 SSR 245/40/18...grip very good but noisy after using 4000km... [bigcry]

I am using Conti CSC 3 SSR 245/40/18...grip very good but noisy after using 4000km... [bigcry]

CSC3 sud b europe made. I think quality better than msia made.

Ytd i just changed my tyre. Yes confirm CS5 is made in europe. The sticker show. But the tyre itself never stated made in where.

Ytd i just changed my tyre. Yes confirm CS5 is made in europe. The sticker show. But the tyre itself never stated made in where.

Europe sud b from Hungary.

Maybe next time change must scan thru whole tyre liao... [drivingcar]

I checked conti tires b4. Never state made where.

Only say German Technology. Very tricky.

Europe also can b from some backward god forsaken country. Hahaha.

sure got print the country made one

most premium tyre comanies are very open.

i think may be is marked on the back of the tyre

3 years for a battery is amazing ! :o[thumbsup]

btw dude, i also changing tire now, looking at the csc5. you think if go buy together can get cheaper boh ? :D i still have to buy the seiko watch ah. i enquired about the gr90 at H tyre, they quoted me 320 per donut.

like it when u use the term 'donut' to refer to tyre [laugh][laugh]

sure got print the country made one

most premium tyre comanies are very open.

i think may be is marked on the back of the tyre

I had chance to chk both sides of conti tires but cannot find anything where made.

So far i only encounter this on continental tires. All other tires i chk n its mentioned.

All i see is.......german technology.

continental is good

[thumbsup] I totally agree.

Their tyres are good in all aspects and have no weaknesses, apart from being slightly costlier.

Of course there are some tyres with better dry grip but in SG wet grip is more important, and Conti tyres never disappoint in this area.

Braking is also one of its other key strengths.

For evidence, I have used Conti CSC3 and CSC5 and can testify to this.

Bridgestone has rather good steering feel and good dry grip in general.

I have not used Michelins or Pirellis though.

You have to check thoroughly. These days, tyres are made everywhere around Europe. Usually, those are alright.

However, some of the Conti tyres are parallel imported and may come from other countries and may not carry any warranty. I have been warned by one of the more honest tyre dealers. I think the main supplier is Stamford tyre, so it wouldn't help going there to 'check out' their tyres to familiarise yourself with the officially imported ones before getting them elsewhere.

Online, you can check out Tire Rack. Under the Specs you can check the countries in which some of the tyres are made. Other than Germany, I know they are made in Czech Republic and Portugal, among other EU countries.

Edited by Grix17

You have to check thoroughly. These days, tyres are made everywhere around Europe. Usually, those are alright.

However, some of the Conti tyres are parallel imported and may come from other countries and may not carry any warranty. I have been warned by one of the more honest tyre dealers. I think the main supplier is Stamford tyre, so it wouldn't help going there to 'check out' their tyres to familiarise yourself with the officially imported ones before getting them elsewhere.

Online, you can check out Tire Rack. Under the Specs you can check the countries in which some of the tyres are made. Other than Germany, I know they are made in Czech Republic and Portugal, among other EU countries.

U sure ty not made in uzebekestan...kilimanjaru or kathmandu or some place like that cos i cant find it stated on e tire. :wacko:

I had chance to chk both sides of conti tires but cannot find anything where made.

So far i only encounter this on continental tires. All other tires i chk n its mentioned.

All i see is.......german technology.

you have to check both side of the wall, sure have 1.