Continental or Bridgestone, Please advise

Civic2000

So how many brands have you tried and have you tried the entire range of tyres within each brand?

I always use Michellin but recently change to Hankook V 12, very good tyre,even my fren say it is good. Sometimes got to go out of comfort zone and try other brand. Feel for yourself and judge it yourself. Opinion of others is good but but you are the one driving.

↡ Advertisement

be careful when you go and toe and camber your wheels too much. mfgs align the wheels a certain way suited for road driving. if you go to those alignment shops and tell them to give you the "racing" toe/camber you are going to firstly wear your tyre out unevenly and secondly end up with very dangerous driving situations on our wet road with reduced contact during straights or easy turns. cornering my ass... how fast you want to make a turn? please read gambas ave accident on another thread

please stick to mfg wheel alignments.

as for wheels... csc3 has poor wear rate. usually 1-1.5 years botak. never tried csc5. but conti is a good tyre.

i had gr90 on my ex ride. also very decent. good wear rate (can tahan longer), progressive, grippy not so much (csc3 better), steering feel is good.

gy assym1 is decent but gets noisy quickly. wears also pretty quickly. i would say on par with csc3 or slighly weaker in terms of handling.

if you have the budget try michelin pilot sport 3. damn good tire. damn expensive also.

PS3 great tyres

Same poems was being advise by my surround friend by when talk to BM,they advise differently..

Why all Camry MIT using only (MIT) Michelin Vivacy..This is what BM told me.. [thumbsup]

I stick to their advise.. :D

I am a big fan of MIT.

The gals and the rubber! [thumbsup]

What I cannot understand is people

dun mind buying MIT Altis & Vios

but won't buy MIT rubber?

Anyone with MIT rubber broke before?

:D

I changed to a set of CSC5 recently. I say go for it and you won't regret it.

Can try Arrow tyres and look for Ethan. Their price is reasonable and service is good.

Last time when I change tire,uncle ask me want expensive or cheap one. I said normal one.then he recommend me Yokohama. I told him I want Michelin. He said he have but make in Thailand and Yokohama cheaper. And I told him I heard Yokohama in wet not good(DNA version). He agree with him and I emphasize no different even it is from Thailand or Taiwan. The machine that mould the tyre is the same.

I am a big fan of MIT.

The gals and the rubber! [thumbsup]

What I cannot understand is people

dun mind buying MIT Altis & Vios

but won't buy MIT rubber?

Anyone with MIT rubber broke before?

:D

so far my camry change 2 times tyre liao & both is MIT michelin vivacy,so far very comfort & good in grip,wet no good is only inside some building car park but normal road is very good even in raining days,my speed never slow..

Last time when I change tire,uncle ask me want expensive or cheap one. I said normal one.then he recommend me Yokohama. I told him I want Michelin. He said he have but make in Thailand and Yokohama cheaper. And I told him I heard Yokohama in wet not good(DNA version). He agree with him and I emphasize no different even it is from Thailand or Taiwan. The machine that mould the tyre is the same.

"The machine that mould the tyre is the same."...u r wrong to say that leh....the R&D on the tyre is different which is why different tyre thread designs for different road conditions even though the machine to mould tyre is the same.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, how is the ride these few months? can PM me shop name? Looks like CSC is recommended...

Bro, how is the ride these few months? can PM me shop name? Looks like CSC is recommended...

Ya csc 2 & csc 3 are good tyres I have yet to try the csc5 yet..

If wallet permits, go for Continental.

my cpc2 rolled 20k & guess what my tyre mech say its time to chng out 2front , this tyre lose tread damn fast , after 40k i think its game over

Edited by Mecontle

Twincharged

Is there an official Continental website? I can find the one for Bridgestone but not one for Continental.

Try Stamford tyres website.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys,

I also in dilemna between my choice of tyres. I was pretty set on PS3 till I saw the review on GY Assy 2. It is among the top 1 and 2 and has the shortest braking distance in both wet and dry.

Got the info from tyrereview.co.uk

I was choosing between PS3, S001 till I came across CSC5 and Assy 2.

Alamak... :wacko::wacko:

Previously I was on AD07 and afterwards RE001 and currently on CSC3.

In terms of wet, I find CSC3 better.

In terms of road handling, RE001

in terms of braking, RE001

To my current need, I drive my family around abt 80% of the time so I guess comfort and quiet is needed. When I'm alone, tts where I drive hard.

My budget is abt $275/pc for 18in.

What are your inputs?

Thanks alot...

↡ Advertisement