Car handling

Minikong

He said he already did alignment. Means camber adjustment is included and already corrected by workshop.

If he did all alignment and still got steering problems, means bushings gone or control arm is bent.

i suspect is contral arm, but bascially no 1 can rectified for me as they test drive me car and still said is straight and everything is ok

the problem is very minor, as it can be hardly felt.

only me that drive the car for 10 months know the problem

↡ Advertisement

i suspect is contral arm, but bascially no 1 can rectified for me as they test drive me car and still said is straight and everything is ok

the problem is very minor, as it can be hardly felt.

only me that drive the car for 10 months know the problem

I used to have a cooper S and the control arm bushings don't last very long. My control arm also was bent at only 30,000km because of the lousy road conditions in singapore: holes and depressions everywhere! And of course it doesn't help that i drove like a maniac and accelerated over these deep holes in the road.

Sometimes when going over those damn jialat roads like telok blangah rd near harbourfront there, can hear loud bang when hit a pothole, highly raised manhole or depression. Alexandra rd also, very jialat for stiff suspension cars.

(edited)

I used to have a cooper S and the control arm bushings don't last very long. My control arm also was bent at only 30,000km because of the lousy road conditions in singapore: holes and depressions everywhere! And of course it doesn't help that i drove like a maniac and accelerated over these deep holes in the road.

Sometimes when going over those damn jialat roads like telok blangah rd near harbourfront there, can hear loud bang when hit a pothole, highly raised manhole or depression. Alexandra rd also, very jialat for stiff suspension cars.

thanks pal, my next servicing to mh, i will tell them this haha, i dont drive like a manic, but i like to steer very fast and accelerate when steering, and the feeling just is so shiok back then, like playing video game in arcade

Edited by Minikong

But he mentioned he already did correct alignment.

Alignment means correct the toe, camber and castor.

Anyway, i think conti cars castor is "dead" one. Have to do modifications to make it more positive/negative.

Whether it is conti or jap, camber can be adjusted, with good set of camber bolts.

thanks pal, my next servicing to mh, i will tell them this haha, i dont drive like a manic, but i like to steer very fast and accelerate when steering, and the feeling just is so shiok back then, like playing video game in arcade

If you drive like how viceroymenthol described as he did with his cooper s, i guarantee your coilovers leak in 20,000km. [:p]

↡ Advertisement