Nissan Latio Spart Plug So expensive ?

Spiderman302

my latest GP for my camry is charging me $30(labour+original oil filter)

engine oil bought outside..

ask him should i change the spark plug during that servicing,he told me dont waste the another 10K mileage my current spark plug still can go,tell me to change the next time i go to him for servicing..

he quote me $80 for 4 pieces of Denso Iridium plug(change every 40K)

he told me auto parts company selling the same plug for around $65-$70 but need to collect myself then he change for me..

I think this guy quite honest Mech.. [thumbsup]

heard from my friend this mech have more than 15years experience & lately just came out as his own.. [gossip]

if any bro interested to try out this mech can always get info from me..

will only recommend honest/good mech to others.. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Maybe after bought over by Renault, their design become "europe"...

saw the youtube, ready not that easy to change the spark plug..

maybe that why is still like car with clean and empty engine bay... much easy to work around.

My friend just sent his car for servicing at S**R.

They changed Denso Iridium for him FXE20 HE11. Cost $220 for four pcs.

So expensive ? Can Lation use other types of plug ?

I believe the regular copper electrode spark plug which is much cheaper, adequate for normal road driving.

lets stick to the subject and refrain from recomending any WS

believe that i'm not e only one recommending WS in this forum & i just mainly stating my experience & if any bro dont like it can just ignore it,dont need to reply me just for the sake of replying..

me just wanted to be nice for recommending good WS to people who really need it.. :D

Neutral Newbie

I believe the regular copper electrode spark plug which is much cheaper, adequate for normal road driving.

I believe there might be no compatible copper plug.

Even if there is one, its gonna cost more to pay a mechanic to help you change it every 6 mths due to the complex procedure. Frequent dismantling and putting together of the intake manifold might cause unneccessary wear and problems.

I believe there might be no compatible copper plug.

Even if there is one, its gonna cost more to pay a mechanic to help you change it every 6 mths due to the complex procedure. Frequent dismantling and putting together of the intake manifold might cause unneccessary wear and problems.

Heard only certain cars really need the more expansive spark plugs. Had used copper electrode spark plugs for more than 50,000km with no sign for need to service/replace, on previous Kelisa. 2 years back, I bought copper electrode spark plugs from auto parts shop at $2.50 each ($220/- budget can buy many more to last the whole COE duration).

Why is it so hard for some to understand each car has its design and latio happen to use those 'special' plug which is slightly longer than any normal plug in market? Those who talk about few bucks copper plug are out of topic. Its like when people talking about car Tyre, they come and say bike tyre is cheaper...If they think its possible to use those cheap copper plug, please get a latio and use it and if it works, then come and share your cheap solution...

Neutral Newbie

Just saw this post. Maybe too late. But Latios uses a different model spark plug as not advised to change to other brands.

Workman more ex because manifold is on top. requires about 1hr to replace.

For better cost savings, you may go m x t r a d i n g s dot com to buy the plug. 4 for $110. Best price after getting few quotes.

Nicholas 90262657 The Frontier Blk 50 Ubi Ave 3, #05-13 Singapore 408866

Edited by Thwe

Neutral Newbie

Hi, do you know the exact part number for this spark plug to be used for latio. I need to buy one set for my latio too...

Neutral Newbie

I was also being quoted +$200 for the denso iridum spart plug, its high cost is due to the complications of labor cost.

Will need to change as I have driven over +100k

Do you all have a better WS to recommend ?

Neutral Newbie

I just changed my Latio plugs a few months back as well.

Latio uses plugs that last 100k n they cost me $110 to buy from workshop. Another $40 for labour. So total cost for me is $150.

Not only are the plugs expensive, it is also very difficult to change the plugs. You need to remove the intake manifold to be able to change the spark plugs. Thats why Latio have to use Long life spark plugs. Using copper plugs and change every 6 months is just not practical. This is also the case for Honda Fit.

Hi Jack, where did you service ur latio?
↡ Advertisement