• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic | 305 praises

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:20 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anyone using these type of portable aircon for their rooms ? how is the noise level ? and is it cold enuff ?

(sample image from google)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Depend on ur room size?

It is not really air con, it is more like putting a wet cloth before your fan. A lot problem if u don't use regularly like algae in the tank and so on. If u want it to be cooler, just add cold water to the water tank.

Noise level like a normal fan.

Go for a window unit, which I personally think it is a better buy.

Edited by Rustyz, 26 October 2011 - 07:32 AM.

If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:44 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Depend on ur room size?

It is not really air con, it is more like putting a wet cloth before your fan. A lot problem if u don't use regularly like algae in the tank and so on. If u want it to be cooler, just add cold water to the water tank.

Noise level like a normal fan.

Go for a window unit, which I personally think it is a better buy.

i am asking about portable aircon with BTU specs, eg : http://portableairco...ortable_air-con

not air-coolers.

problem is i am not staying in the master bedroom so cannot install window unit. as for split, too much hassle and like renovation liddat.

so i am actually using a casement a/c fitted on my sliding window frame at the moment ... but it gets kinda noisy/

Edited by Ysc3, 26 October 2011 - 08:45 AM.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

Rustyz
  • Premium member
    Rustyz
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry my bad the photo look like air cooler.

Where are u planning to put the compressor? I think it can be quite noisy(Humming) and hot.
If anyone can have it, I don't want it.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:12 AM

Acanthus
  • Acanthus
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i am using the Europace 12k BTU portable aircon.

Noise level is acceptable and it is able to cool the master room to about 22 ~ 24 degree celcius (depending on the weather outside)

Only problem is that there is the outlet pipe that you need to attach to your window, and the adapter does not fit all types of windows(especially older ones) so you have to make some modifications on your part.

Power usage i would say is much higher than a normal wall unit but what the heck, at least it is easier to re-sell when you dun need it anymore.

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have one from Trends

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

installation shud be something like this is it ??

ie, place a board on the sliding window and then just put the venting tube into a hold on the board to extract the hot air ?

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:57 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have one from Trends

do you have a pic of your install ? maybe this week want to see if carrefour got offer or not ....

Edited by Ysc3, 26 October 2011 - 08:57 PM.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I checked out a brand called Splendid a few years ago. Felt quite powerful. I remember seeing a showroom with all their products but cannot remember where now...

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Cdior
  • Cdior
    Banned

Not worth the $. I hv 1 in my living rm. Not cold 1.
400 NM to U!

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I checked out a brand called Splendid a few years ago. Felt quite powerful. I remember seeing a showroom with all their products but cannot remember where now...

http://www.azvac.net/

268 Balestier Road.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Cheepo
  • Cheepo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I saw this type, which is different as it has 2 parts, in a temporary office today...

Anyone knows if it is better?

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is there any portable air con that don't need the venting? So can be moved anywhere around the home.
Staff69 and 2BDriver praised this

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is there any portable air con that don't need the venting? So can be moved anywhere around the home.

Scientifically an impossible task...... You cool things down by extracting heat from it and you have to dump this heat somewhere (and it has to be at a higher temperature than surrounding).

Unless you use ice packs and blow air over it.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have been using alot face towel wet it with tap water at home wiping my body every now and then. Machiam like hawker. Most economical way to cool your body at home.
Staff69 and 2BDriver praised this
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Scientifically an impossible task...... You cool things down by extracting heat from it and you have to dump this heat somewhere (and it has to be at a higher temperature than surrounding).

Oh, I see.
Thank you
Pinobii praised this

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got one tech call absorption chilling
I not engineer so I don't understand it
Think it uses heat to make air cool
But machinery very big
Still2016 praised this

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:49 PM

Freeder
  • Premium member
    Freeder
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Portable air con very noisy one hor...
Like using generators... no joke..
Think u buy air cooler better..put ice n ice packs into the container n slim design too..confirm got cold air out..
Pinobii, Still2016 and Uncle2 praised this
I'm always learning how to drive...

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

RH1667
  • Premium member
    RH1667
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Portable air con very noisy one hor...
Like using generators... no joke..
Think u buy air cooler better..put ice n ice packs into the container n slim design too..confirm got cold air out..

Thank you for the review and recommendation.
Still2016, Uncle2, JustGoodTrades, Pinobii, Carbon82, Angcheek, Sunny and 8 other members praised this

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:50 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Portable, aircon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users