South Korea: Seoul - Free and easy 2 nights stay in Seoul

Yaloryalor

Searched and found this thread. [sweatdrop]

I've just booked a Free & Easy package for Seoul 10D/9N travelling in December.

Will be there mainly for the food and shopping but may take a day for skiing.

Any thing worth buying there? I mean other then the ginseng and kimchi, any electronic stuff/gadgets?

Looking forward to my trip. YAY!! [laugh]

I have some post from my Jan 2014 Korea trip up in my blog.. lazy to repost here cos really too long.. take a look..

http://almostafrequentflyer.blogspot.sg/2014/02/annyeonghasaeyo-seoul-south-korea-part-0.html <-- this is part 0: Planning.. I wrote a total of 10 posts for my 9D trip

Main things to go is (1) Skiing, (2) Visit the panmunjeom village, (3) cosmetic shopping.

You can forget about fashiong shopping, as most of the stuff there will be geared for winter and not suitable for our weather. Probably only the jeans and long sleeve shirts are suitable.

Edited by Shull

send to laundry the jacket, like me

No leh brio, I've checked the washing instrx label in the jacket and it says "No dry cleaning"

Strange??

I have some post from my Jan 2014 Korea trip up in my blog.. lazy to repost here cos really too long.. take a look..

http://almostafrequentflyer.blogspot.sg/2014/02/annyeonghasaeyo-seoul-south-korea-part-0.html <-- this is part 0: Planning.. I wrote a total of 10 posts for my 9D trip

Main things to go is (1) Skiing, (2) Visit the panmunjeom village, (3) cosmetic shopping.

You can forget about fashiong shopping, as most of the stuff there will be geared for winter and not suitable for our weather. Probably only the jeans and long sleeve shirts are suitable.

Thanks bro Shull, will check out your blog. Thanks! [thumbsup]

Places I really enjoyed going to in Seoul

Bukchon Hanok - lovely scenery and traditional homes

Hongik University for trick eye and bbq on smoke street

Must eats Korean ice kacang with red bean or green tea

spring onion or seafood pancakes and fried chicken.

Favourite drink makgoli - rice wine.

I kept going to the Women University many times but I cannot remember what for?

Maybe just to look at women to satisfy the lesbian in me.

One place I did not enjoy going is a spa full of naked men.

I wanted to go to the side with all the naked women but

they kept stopping me and I didn't know how to explain

that I am a lesbian in Korean. So I did not enjoy sitting in the jacuzzi

full of naked men. It just did not feel comfortable or natural to me.

I honestly would have been happier in a pool full of naked women.

This is not something I am making up. So please be careful.

:D

• Praise 3

Places I really enjoyed going to in Seoul

Bukchon Hanok - lovely scenery and traditional homes

Hongik University for trick eye and bbq on smoke street

Must eats Korean ice kacang with red bean or green tea

spring onion or seafood pancakes and fried chicken.

Favourite drink makgoli - rice wine.

I kept going to the Women University many times but I cannot remember what for?

Maybe just to look at women to satisfy the lesbian in me.

One place I did not enjoy going is a spa full of naked men.

I wanted to go to the side with all the naked women but

they kept stopping me and I didn't know how to explain

that I am a lesbian in Korean. So I did not enjoy sitting in the jacuzzi

full of naked men. It just did not feel comfortable or natural to me.

I honestly would have been happier in a pool full of naked women.

This is not something I am making up. So please be careful.

You're in the wrong country my friend..

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/12/25/dont-forget-your-wrap-towel-our-female-reporter-experiences-japanese-mixed-public-bathing-for-the-first-time/

Haha I love Japan too [thumbsup]

Bathing is the most natural thing we can do.

I think its terrible the female report kept ogling at the naked men and made them feel

uncomfortable. Its just very rude of her. I will never do that, In a place like this

I will never even look at another man.

Tomoe, on first entering, tried her attempts at not to notice the men by her completely in the buff, but admits that in such circumstances, “your line of sight naturally drifts in that direction.”

People go there to

heal and relax the body, a place to reduce unwanted fatigue, but coming here has only made me nervous and fidgety.

Lastly I think its terrible people should use a towel in the water.

Its just not hygienic and a towel will dirty the water.

I will never go to a dirty place like that.

We must respect the traditions of a country and not change it to suit ourselves.

We must clean ourselves completely and go in the water without a towel

like they have done for hundreds of years.

• Praise 1

There is one very important thing to take note of and be very careful if you are

taking your wife or family on holiday in Korea.

The first time I went to Seoul was in 2008 when my company sent me there for a

business trip. The Korean office booked me in a hotel called the Ben Hur.

I was very impressed when I got into the room. A really big room with a King size double bed,

a full size couch and coffee table, bathroom with both a shower stall with steam and a full

size tub with jaccuzzi nozzels.

The room had aircon and heater, hot and cold water cooler and also tooth brush, tooth paste,

hair cream, hair spray, talc powder, hair brush and every toiletry you need.

The problem was when I switched on the tv. All the channels was in Korea and I looking

for an English channel like HBO or Star movies and I kept pressing all the keys.

And then to my shock and delight I found not one but 2 adult educational channels.

I was a bit stunned and was watching for about 20 minutes when I realized I might

have pressed the VOD button.

I don't mind paying for it but I didn't want it on my bill and I don't know how to explain

to Accounts about this. So I called up reception and the nice lady reassured me there

are no paid channel and all channels are free.

I have never been to a hotel where they have these kinds of things free so I kept the

tv on all night to see what time they stopped. It was on 24 hours. I made sure of this even

in the morning when I was changing my clothes I was checking the tv. Even brushing

my teeth I would come out of the bathroom to check it was still going on just in case it stopped.

Then I realized the reason for the two channels was that one was in Korean and the other

was in Japanese and that's why it had Korean subtitles. As everyone knows I have

respect for all kinds of different cultures and if their hotels have these sort of thing,

I was not the frog in the well to say - I don't like to see these sort of thing.

If its educational and I can learn about different cultures I was only too happy to see

and learn more. I enjoy travelling so much is because I embrace different cultures

and try to learn to enjoy how other people do things and just move with the groove.

If only people had a more open mind instead of keep saying we don't have this or that

and other countries do things differently, we can embrace other people's values

and we can enjoy ourselves more.

You cannot imagine how happy I was when they showed the lesbian adult educational

videos. I was concentrating so hard I was almost late for work.

• Praise 2

There is one very important thing to take note of and be very careful if you are

taking your wife or family on holiday in Korea.

The first time I went to Seoul was in 2008 when my company sent me there for a

business trip. The Korean office booked me in a hotel called the Ben Hur.

I was very impressed when I got into the room. A really big room with a King size double bed,

a full size couch and coffee table, bathroom with both a shower stall with steam and a full

size tub with jaccuzzi nozzels.

The room had aircon and heater, hot and cold water cooler and also tooth brush, tooth paste,

hair cream, hair spray, talc powder, hair brush and every toiletry you need.

The problem was when I switched on the tv. All the channels was in Korea and I looking

for an English channel like HBO or Star movies and I kept pressing all the keys.

And then to my shock and delight I found not one but 2 adult educational channels.

I was a bit stunned and was watching for about 20 minutes when I realized I might

have pressed the VOD button.

I don't mind paying for it but I didn't want it on my bill and I don't know how to explain

to Accounts about this. So I called up reception and the nice lady reassured me there

are no paid channel and all channels are free.

I have never been to a hotel where they have these kinds of things free so I kept the

tv on all night to see what time they stopped. It was on 24 hours. I made sure of this even

in the morning when I was changing my clothes I was checking the tv. Even brushing

my teeth I would come out of the bathroom to check it was still going on just in case it stopped.

Then I realized the reason for the two channels was that one was in Korean and the other

was in Japanese and that's why it had Korean subtitles. As everyone knows I have

respect for all kinds of different cultures and if their hotels have these sort of thing,

I was not the frog in the well to say - I don't like to see these sort of thing.

If its educational and I can learn about different cultures I was only too happy to see

and learn more. I enjoy travelling so much is because I embrace different cultures

and try to learn to enjoy how other people do things and just move with the groove.

If only people had a more open mind instead of keep saying we don't have this or that

and other countries do things differently, we can embrace other people's values

and we can enjoy ourselves more.

You cannot imagine how happy I was when they showed the lesbian adult educational

videos. I was concentrating so hard I was almost late for work.

They have this in Taiwan too, called MOTEL.

Basically you drive up to the counter, check-in like how you would do a McD drive thru, they gave you the key to the room, and you drive straight to the garage. Close the garage door, off your engine, and above the garage, is the room.

Even the cheapest category, the room will qualify as a suite in all business hotel. The bedroom itself is bigger than most 2 room HDB flat.

Then there's the jacuzzi, which can sit min 4 person.

Bathroom is bigger than most HDB master bedroom.

There are 4 "educational channels" running non-stop for 24 hrs.

On top of that, the VOD has upwards of 50 "educational" titles.

Rubber protection is available FOC.

Higher end room has got VOD KTV system.

Best of all, it cost around SGD 100 for weekday night, and SGD 150-200 for weekend.

:D:D

• Praise 1

They have this in Taiwan too, called MOTEL.

Basically you drive up to the counter, check-in like how you would do a McD drive thru, they gave you the key to the room, and you drive straight to the garage. Close the garage door, off your engine, and above the garage, is the room.

Even the cheapest category, the room will qualify as a suite in all business hotel. The bedroom itself is bigger than most 2 room HDB flat.

Then there's the jacuzzi, which can sit min 4 person.

Bathroom is bigger than most HDB master bedroom.

There are 4 "educational channels" running non-stop for 24 hrs.

On top of that, the VOD has upwards of 50 "educational" titles.

Rubber protection is available FOC.

Higher end room has got VOD KTV system.

Best of all, it cost around SGD 100 for weekday night, and SGD 150-200 for weekend.

:D:D

Thank you for your excellent post. This is the kind of useful information travelers need. [thumbsup]

The best places to stay are also the cheapest and I always like to try and save money for

my company.

The next year I had to go to Seoul again as I was looking forwards to staying at the Ben Hur again.

I was shocked when my company booked in a more expensive hotel - US$110 instead of the

US$70 for Ben Hur.

The more expensive hotel only had a small single bed and the room was so small, the bed

was against the wall and you can only get in from one side. And the most important thing, this

hotel didn't have the educational videos

I was so upset I was wasting company money I called up HR and asked why I was booked in the

more expensive hotel. They told me my boss was the one that blacklisted Ben Hur.

Apparently he was staying there and he already told me never never call the US$40 massage as

you will end up paying another US$200 for a special massage. The silly man must have watched

too many adult educational videos he couldn't resist calling for the massage.

He was so upset he wasted US$240 he blacklisted my most favourite hotel in the whole world.

I never liked to waste my company money and spent it as my own. Last July when I went Jegu

and Pusan I made sure I save money by booking into motels and even found one with a

50 inch plasma screen. The things I do just to try and save money.

I hope people can have respect for other people's culture and follow

their rules some of which have been around for hundreds of years.

We may want to do things our ways but when in Rome do as the Romans do.

Towels in the spas is really unhygienic and there are good reasons

why many spas do not allow it. I myself always try to follow the rules.

Please see no 3 please keep towels out of the bathtub.

post-23002-0-80241700-1415802058.jpg

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

Lol. I myself checked into a love hotel in Seoul ard gangnam district. Best bang for buck. Room is decent size, toilet is huge with jacuzzi, many toiletries like dove in big bottles. 50inch TV with surround speakers mounted at 4 corners of the room. And yes, got free educational adult channels - but mostly censored. Uncensored ones have to pay. Price abt S$130 per night (tax all in).

Compared to those hotels in Myeongdong, the love hotels are so much better for the same price.

• Praise 2

One must try food if no one has already said is

Ginseng Chicken Soup. [thumbsup]

Toksochon or something, not bad lah . . . Have to put mix both pepper and salt in the small dish and dip the chicken in it. Lucky went at the right time and did not have to wait long. It sure warmed up the body immediately, the temp was around -13 degrees.

• Praise 1

Toksochon or something, not bad lah . . . Have to put mix both pepper and salt in the small dish and dip the chicken in it. Lucky went at the right time and did not have to wait long. It sure warmed up the body immediately, the temp was around -13 degrees.

Good stuff. Warms you up and makes you strong.

Some places also gives you a shot of ginseng wine.

Good for the cold weather but the taste is a bit strong.

:)

:

Lol. I myself checked into a love hotel in Seoul ard gangnam district. Best bang for buck. Room is decent size, toilet is huge with jacuzzi, many toiletries like dove in big bottles. 50inch TV with surround speakers mounted at 4 corners of the room. And yes, got free educational adult channels - but mostly censored. Uncensored ones have to pay. Price abt S$130 per night (tax all in).

Compared to those hotels in Myeongdong, the love hotels are so much better for the same price.

Yeah love hotels are the way to go.

I only stay in love hotel to save money of course.

Censored movies? That's terrible.

I can send you a list of hotels that are free.

• Praise 4

Yeah love hotels are the way to go.

I only stay in love hotel to save money of course.

Censored movies? That's terrible.

I can send you a list of hotels that are free.

But what's the point of staying in a love hotel without any love?

If someone wants to watch uncensored movies, isn't there always the internet?

↡ Advertisement