Offer COE rebates for couples with young chewren...

RadX

there is bullet train of course faster lah [laugh]

normal train within tokyo la.lol

bullet train can get me fromt tokyo to osaka in 3 hrs

↡ Advertisement

this reminds me of a very old story that i read in the newspapers during the last recession.

a man had went to see his MP for help.

and guess what help he needed ? he needed financial help so that he can continue to send his little 5 or 6 year old daughter for piano classes !! [smash]

future musician ma.

wrong meh?

Twincharged

I agree and that is why I said it is reasonable for government to provide some incentives if they want us to do it their way.You can't expect your boss to give you salary and you stay at home eat sleep and wait for pay right?

Are you from government sector? Who is pushing problems to you? Nobody is blaming whoever for whatever happened. So if you go for a hair cut and got irritated by these kids, why don't you voice out to the parent instead of coming here and tell us how irritating the children is? Apparently, you are getting personal than tackling the issue brought up by bro here.

dun get me wrong. i never get personal. i usually "walk away", since this is a forum only.

i am not from govt sector but for me, it's good to get incentives, but i wun expect it to be given.

what i meant about pushing problems is very "everyday".

eg, when a pregnant woman or elderly person takes public transport, she expects ppl to give up their seats to her; or when a parent takes the kids out and expect others to make it easier for them.

that is their problem ! nobody ask them to travel or even go out if they cannot plan how to take care of themselves !

i will never make myself or my family a burden to others. I will not expect or even hope for others to show consideration for me. but of course, i will say thanks if it happens.

btw, the issue is not brought up by a member here ... just cut and paste from the forum page in the papers - and yes, my conclusion is that the writer is ridiculous to ask the govt to help her with her family problems when she failed to plan in the first place.

i dont know much.

but my aunt married a japanese and stays there.

according to her, packed is one thing.

but when they say 853 am MEANS 853am not a minute early or late.

and she commented that the trains there move faster than here.lol

yes the japanese are so efficient that y they can conquer the world conquer singapore have vtec and such

good idea, but only give rebates if you have 4 children and above [sly]

just 1 or 2 kids also want rebates, crazy [whip]

just choose a childcare centre near to home lor, every morning walk there can already.

Sometimes it is not that the parents does not want to choose a nearby childcare, the waiting list is super long. So they are left with only to try their luck at other mature estates that has a better chance.

Just take a look at the number of childcare at Punggol and Sengkang. Do you think they are able to accomodate at least 50% of the kids there? I am one of them, when my kid was 1, I registered her in the waiting list and was told have to wait till other parents give up. Registering 1 yr b4 is considered late, some parents already go on the waiting list when the child is days old.

....wah jialat liddat. Now Gahmen must take care of ppl liddis too.....knn, never hear of taxi ah <_<<_<

OWNING a car is a necessity, not a dream, for a family with young children.

Just think of the daily morning rush to send a child to day care or a baby to the grandparents' homes. From prams to milk bottles, diapers to food, change of clothing to wet wipes, the list of mandatory baby or child supplies is long and difficult to trundle if one has to resort to public transport.

The weekend is short when one has children and errands must be undertaken with the entire family in tow. How do you visit the bank, take the child to the doctor, buy groceries and visit the grandparents in a day? Answer: By having a car, which makes a significant difference in the quality of life for Singapore families.

The Government has announced further reduction in vehicle growth rate which will ratchet up prices of certificates of entitlement (COE) further, beyond the reach of young couples. The Government should consider offering COE rebates for cars with 1,600cc capacity and less to families with at least one child, and rebates for bigger-capacity cars to families with at least two children.

The latter takes into consideration families with grandparents, two young children (two car seats required) and a maid.

For a family with young children, a car is not an optional, flashy plaything.

Wang Siang Ling (Ms)

Wang Siang Ling is a stupid idiot.. decades ago, there were more than enough families who brought up their children without cars. What justification does she have to request for COE rebates? KNN..

IMO, if COE rebates are given, knowing the "chao kuan" of Singaporeans, they will take advantage and buy bigger and flashier cars than the one they intended to buy instead. [knife]

Neutral Newbie

I don't think that will work. Just introduce COE for cars less than 1000cc, like back in the day. Then bring in 660cc kei cars like the Wagon R, so many of those last time! Great cars. Unless they start making the Cappucino again I don't think it's a 'flashy plaything', should help families etc get the A-B work done.

Who need chewren when you can import FT for free ?!

No need to invest in their education

No need to reduce revenue intake thru coe rebates

Instant returns!!

No need for rebates. Keep COE. Keep ERP.

1. Ban personal car loans. You want a car? Have the money now. This encourages savings and makes individuals think twice about splurging.

2. Limit each family cluster in each address to 1 car per 4 adults. (e.g. Address has 5 adults residing: 2 cars. 9 adults: 3 cars. etc.)

3. Couples without children or singles(1-3 adults) living in 1 address are limited to OPC licences.

4. Couples with children (2 adults + 1 or 2 or 3 kids) are exempt from OPC limitation and will be able to acquire a normal vehicle licence.

5. Exemption to adults with official physical disability(PD), where each PD adult need only to be paired with a normal adult (with driving licence) to qualify for 1 car.

6. Elderly over 70 years of age in any address cluster reduces the limit to 3 adults to 1 car.

Car population should reduce after a few years. COE prices should also decrease.

1. Ban personal car loans. You want a car? Have the money now. This encourages savings and makes individuals think twice about splurging.

2. Limit each family cluster in each address to 1 car per 4 adults. (e.g. Address has 5 adults residing: 2 cars. 9 adults: 3 cars. etc.)

3. Couples without children or singles(1-3 adults) living in 1 address are limited to OPC licences.

4. Couples with children (2 adults + 1 or 2 or 3 kids) are exempt from OPC limitation and will be able to acquire a normal vehicle licence.

5. Exemption to adults with official physical disability(PD), where each PD adult need only to be paired with a normal adult (with driving licence) to qualify for 1 car.

6. Elderly over 70 years of age in any address cluster reduces the limit to 3 adults to 1 car.

Car population should reduce after a few years. COE prices should also decrease.

Point 2. Disagree. Wat if husband and wife both need cars for job, eg. Sales personnels? With this regulation it means either one has to make a career change or they have to cramped both sets of parents into their house?

Point 3. Same as point 2. Wat if job needs car but no children yet? Procreate oso need min 9 mths. So couple eat bread and drink tap water while making love like there's no tomorrow? Babies borned might be malnourished.

There is a fundamental problem with the mindset of younger singaporeans. They expect the govt to cater to their every needs and wants. If the govt cun satisfy them, they say the govt is not listening to the problems at the ground. Our govt has alot to improve upon n these kinda populist measures must never be allowed. There will b many implications involved n singaporeans will be spoiled beyond redemption.

Point 2. Disagree. Wat if husband and wife both need cars for job, eg. Sales personnels? With this regulation it means either one has to make a career change or they have to cramped both sets of parents into their house?

Point 3. Same as point 2. Wat if job needs car but no children yet? Procreate oso need min 9 mths. So couple eat bread and drink tap water while making love like there's no tomorrow? Babies borned might be malnourished.

No concessions should be made for various job types. 1001 jobs will have the same issues that you have brought up. Either the company will need to cater transporation via company vehicles, or public transportation claims (taxi) can be made. There is also no limitations to motorcycle ownerships, so that may be another avenue.

no need so many la... just put max loan @60-80%. simplr.

No concessions should be made for various job types. 1001 jobs will have the same issues that you have brought up. Either the company will need to cater transporation via company vehicles, or public transportation claims (taxi) can be made. There is also no limitations to motorcycle ownerships, so that may be another avenue.

I support your idea that companies cater for transportation. Then there's no need for sales people to pay for their ride that are being used for job related purposes. I'm sure SMEs will close down due to high operating costs and MNCs will move their offices to elsewhere with lower costs. COEs will really dropped in such circumstances and there will be lesser cars on the road since there will be widespread unemployment! What a genius!

↡ Advertisement