• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
103 replies to this topic | 65 praises

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:46 PM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

G20 must take quick and bold action to resolve EU crisis: PM Lee
By Dominique Loh | Posted: 03 November 2011 2203 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

PM Lee Hsien Loong (L) shakes hands with French President Nicolas Sarkozy as he arrives to attend the G20 Summit of Heads of State and Government in Cannes. (AFP PHOTO / LIONEL BONAVENTURE)

CANNES, France: Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has called on the G20 to take quick and bold action to resolve the European debt crisis.

It is Mr Lee's second time attending the summit, but his first address.

Mr Lee told world leaders meeting in Cannes that festering issues, such as the crisis in Greece, will affect the global economy

Mr Lee believes there is a risk of recession in the EU in the coming year, as well as higher unemployment.

The situation, he said, is serious and volatile, and could be worse than what the US faced in 2008.

But a resolution may not come easy, as decision-making in the EU is more complex.

Mr Lee said the only long-term solution is economic growth and job creation. But structural changes need to be made, and Mr Lee called on his audience to exercise political leadership, and act before it is too late.

-CNA/ac

http://www.channelne...1163324/1/.html

I am proud of Singapore for "punching above its own weight" in telling others how to solve their problems.

rolleyes.gif

I'm a soldier, born to stand... in this waking hell I am... witnessing more than I can compute
Pray myself we don't forget... lies, betrayed and the oppressed
Please give me the strength to be the truth

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Rncw
  • Premium member
    Rncw
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

he teaching them how to solve their own problems by telling them to solve their own problems fast
we must fight, to run away!

"Ayu-chan, if I cannot be your husband, I'll be your step-father..."

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

he teaching them how to solve their own problems by telling them to solve their own problems fast

Are you suggesting that he only knows how to "criticise" but do not give practical "suggestions" or feasible working "alternatives"?

How can that be?

That is simply not "constructive" criticism lor!

tongue.gif

Edited by CKP, 03 November 2011 - 11:55 PM.

I'm a soldier, born to stand... in this waking hell I am... witnessing more than I can compute

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:56 PM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Are you suggesting that he only knows how to "criticise" but do not give practical "suggestions" or feasible working "alternatives"?

How can that be?

tongue.gif

he is basically telling them...

"you know your own problem. you better solve it. dont think we outside europe know that you create this Sh1t hole?? we know. so you better solve it before it affect us"

more like scolding them laugh.gif
Those who are for a cleaner MCF, change your avatar to a empty black image.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

he is basically telling them...

"you know your own problem. you better solve it. dont think we outside europe know that you create this Sh1t hole?? we know. so you better solve it before it affect us"

more like scolding them laugh.gif

Is G20 summit a place for "scolding" other big countries?

Not very constructive hor...

laugh.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

wow what is he there for? wonder if the euro leaders will snub him? laugh.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:00 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

He will tell them to pay millions of salary to the EU ministers, so that the EU can be saved.

"with a high pay, the ministers will be able to think and work better for the country's sake. If not, the ministers would feel ashamed and thus having no motivation to focus on the much needed work to be done"

"the President must too be paid a fair share of the millions, so that he can entertain foreign visitors and attend charity shows"
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:01 AM

Apvman
  • Premium member
    Apvman
    4th Gear
    Author Image

How can that be?

tongue.gif

If our president is damned good at solving problems, he would not have to lower his pride to aplogise to us during the election loh.....

If our president is damned good at solving problems, he would not have problems with shortage of housing, crowded transport, uncontrolled increase in immigrants etc..

Best of all, if he is damned good, how come PAP support drop to AN ALL TIME LOW of 60%!!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

laugh.gif

the european government official does not seem too interested in shaking his hand

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Is G20 summit a place for "scolding" other big countries?

Not very constructive hor...

laugh.gif

that is why he is politician.. he sound as if he is saying

"you know we all depend on you. so please solve this problem before it become too big and effect us... worse, it affect you all more." tongue.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If our president is damned good at solving problems, he would not have to lower his pride to aplogise to us during the election loh.....

If our president is damned good at solving problems, he would not have problems with shortage of housing, crowded transport, uncontrolled increase in immigrants etc..

Best of all, if he is damned good, how come PAP support drop to AN ALL TIME LOW of 60%!!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

well.. because he is not our president. tongue.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wow what is he there for? wonder if the euro leaders will snub him? laugh.gif

His pay is higher the combined pay of the next several G20 leaders.

On the contrary, those G20 leaders are worried that he will snub them lor.

cool.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:03 AM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

if singapore had a monarch it will be better.....our president of singapore is to represent a monarch somewhat

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

He will tell them to pay millions of salary to the EU ministers, so that the EU can be saved.

"with a high pay, the ministers will be able to think and work better for the country's sake. If not, the ministers would feel ashamed and thus having no motivation to focus on the much needed work to be done"

"the President must too be paid a fair share of the millions, so that he can entertain foreign visitors and attend charity shows"

Congrats, you posted the exact quotes.

smash.gif

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

His pay is higher the combined pay of the next several G20 leaders.

On the contrary, those G20 leaders are worried that he will snub them lor.

cool.gif

maybe that is why they dont feel happy shaking his hand laugh.gif

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

LHL give very good advice.
Budden, just about any idiot can give the same kind of no-substance advice.

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:08 AM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

make useless comments, just make him look like a clown on a world stage. sia sway

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

maybe that is why they dont feel happy shaking his hand laugh.gif

Hmm, I will try to objective here.

It is due to the height difference. Sarkozy is quite a shortie.

cool.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:12 AM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This one cannot blame him or his party.

Can only blame his own citizens who are the champion grumblers of the world! tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:14 AM

Joseph22
  • Premium member
    Joseph22
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmm, I will try to objective here.

It is due to the height difference. Sarkozy is quite a shortie.

cool.gif

for the first time... Asia taller than Ang mo?? maybe more tua kee?? ph34r.gif

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users