C180 owners! how's the reliability of your car?

Somebody

For those who are interested in why the S60 in 2001 was 4-star:

Until recently the highest-rated Euro-NCAP tested vehicles could only get a 4-star rating. There is now an additional side-impact pole test that can be conducted at the manufacturer's expense. If a vehicle passes the pole test, a 5th star is shown in the Euro-NCAP overall rating. Until the NHTSA adopts a more modern testing regimen, the Euro-NCAP tests are not directly comparable to the US NCAP/NHTSA tests. So, a 4 or 5 star Euro-NCAP result has little correlation to a 4 or 5 star US-NCAP result.

Source: http://www.safecarguide.com/exp/euroncap/euroncap.htm

So i think it's like those university rankings by different authorities, if the metrics used to assess the ranking is different, the results would not be directly comparable, we'll need to take the average of all these ratings to form our analysis.

Haha yeah, if NUS can be ranked higher than Carnegie-Mellon and LSE, then Volvo also can be ranked higher than Merc!

Supersonic

To. TS, whether it's S60 or C180, just buy the one you like.

Sssshhhhh....shld encourage him to buy the volvo. The MB service centre oredi damn crowded nowadays. :D

In my view, why C&C is selling close to 500 Mercs a month in Jan & Feb alone, is due to it's very attractive discounting and overtrade tactics used, and the overall package being offered.

If they know that there are more eyes leering at their C180K (their best selling volume seller) and if they could package an all-in double-discount-plus-high-overtrade package, to offer a hard-to-resist $150K net price for an entry-level Merc sedan, they easily have a winner there!

At No.2: BMW's competition in the same price bracket (116i is >$150K) only comes in the form of a 1-er hatchback - not really a Singaporean-car-buyers' penchant. And the 3-er's pricing is well above the cheapest C-Class!

At No. 3: VW's TSI Sport models are close to, if not >$150K. Now at this level comparison, it would really be difficult to say no to the Merc (vs a VW).

By the time you drop all the way to No. 'N' for Volvo, it will literally be COE-quota (game) over already!

Edited by W210k

What's the main difference for C180 and C200 (W204)?

Intend to buy a second hand, is there any big maintanance issue I should be aware of?

TIA!

Intend to buy a second hand, is there any big maintanance issue I should be aware of?

TIA!

Mainly Power & ..Equipments,but 2nd hand.?Make sure got Full Service History & Mileage is low....Goodluck... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

C180 gives about 154 bhp on paper. C200 about 30 horses more.

TIA!

Supercharged

TIA!

face lift or pre face lift?

if i remember correctly, the pre face lift W204 C180 has 1.8 supercharged engine and the C200 has 1.8 supercharged and a 1.8 turbocharged engine

even the face lift W204 C180/C200 has three engines, 1.8 supercharged, 1.8 turbocharged and 1.6 turbocharged

coupled with two different gearboxes, it can be very confusing

Thinking getting 2008-2010 range, Kompressor or CGI...

Any advise on this 2?

Thank you

The power of 2008 C180 W204 was slightly lower than w211 E200 which is 1.8L as well. Fortunately the power shot fall was made up by the slightly better power to weigth ratio but still can feel the lack as compare to E200. What i want to highlight is the fuel consumption of C180 was worse than that of W211 and W212. C180 avg get about 8km/L for 50/50 city and expressway driving ,which is no good for that size.

I am unable to comment on C200 as ihave never owned one before .

Edited by Ct3833

The power of 2008 C180 W204 was slightly lower than w211 E200 which is 1.8L as well. Fortunately the power shot fall was made up by the slightly better power to weigth ratio but still can feel the lack as compare to E200. What i want to highlight is the fuel consumption of C180 was worse than that of W211 and W212. C180 avg get about 8km/L for 50/50 city and expressway driving ,which is no good for that size.

Wow 8km/l is very low!

There are too much range, some 1.6 some 1.8litres...

quite confusing  [confused]

But E200 too big for me, prefer more compact car.

face lift or pre face lift?

if i remember correctly, the pre face lift W204 C180 has 1.8 supercharged engine and the C200 has 1.8 supercharged and a 1.8 turbocharged engine

even the face lift W204 C180/C200 has three engines, 1.8 supercharged, 1.8 turbocharged and 1.6 turbocharged

coupled with two different gearboxes, it can be very confusing

Precisely, I looked at sgcarmart and so many varieties and quite blurred now.

Saw most C180 is leather seat and C200 are half leather, not sure is it just the few or all C200 are half leather?

And also CLC180, this one power only 105bhp, will it be underpower for this size?

Twincharged

Pre face lift will have

C180k 1.8L supercharged 156hp 5speed

C180k 1.6L supercharger 156 5speed

C180 cgi 1.8L turbo 156 5speed

The facelifted ones c180 will have

1.8 turbo with 5speed

1.6 turbo with 7speed

Correct me if I’m wrong

Edited by Mkl22

Supercharged

Pre face lift will have

C180k 1.8L supercharged 156hp 5speed

C180k 1.6L supercharger 156 5speed

C180 cgi 1.8L turbo 156 5speed

The facelifted ones c180 will have

1.8 turbo with 5speed

1.6 turbo with 7speed

Correct me if I’m wrong

there is also a facelifted C180 1.8 turbo with 7 speed 

Thinking getting 2008-2010 range, Kompressor or CGI...

Any advise on this 2?

Thank you

Near 10 years old Cars difficult to get good Condition...may need endless repairs if get a "Lemon". [bigcry]  :a-confused:  :a-bang:

TIA!

I forgot to mention one thing about the 2008 c180, the two small bulbs each on the front eyelid lights can get very hot , so much so that they can melt the wire shield and even degrade the head light plastic assembly. It can be repair and rewire easily but I am speaking based on my experience which could be an exception.

there was one occasion where my car would not start. and bear in mind my car is only 1.5yrs old.

i had to call the merc 24 hr support as it was evening time.

↡ Advertisement