C180 owners! how's the reliability of your car?

Somebody

ah...thanks for pointing out.

Hi got your fact wrong there.

All CGI version in Singapore is 1.8 liter engine (C180/C200/C250)

Only the lowest fl model is C180 1.6l Kompressor.

The only screw up C180 buyers are pre-fl model with 1.6l compressor engine, short charged by AD.

↡ Advertisement

I received my c200 from a second hand car dealer just 2 weeks ago. it is an about 2+ years old advantgarde model with the 3-point star on the grill that can be seen from google earth...haha....

just drove up north and back and am loved it. Took it to 185km/h and was stable as hell but got a darn stone chip.

I personally still believe in SC being more robust/durable than TC due to lower operating temp and turbine speeds. The newer 180 CGI is on powered by a 1.6 ltr TCed engine and I also wonder if it is a little stressed.

Was comparing a 1+ year old C180 CGI but ended up getting the older C200 coz the condition was better and mileage was lower, somehow. Tested both anyway and felt the 180 can do with a little more power. turbo lag was noticeable, notwithstanding. Nice dive also, btw.

I switched from a jap to continental and the feel is very different. ride comfort, sound insulation, safety...etc... Put it this way, I think I may have problem switching back jap in the future....

Lastly, i cannot get better than 10.5ltr/100km driving in singapore. up north I managed about 8.5ltr/100km. observations are based on on-board computer only. may not be accurate.

Haha i agree with the part about being hard to switch back to a jap car in the future. Once you go conti, you never go back.

Wow liao.

This thread is uncalled for....

I am almost dead set to buy the new Ford Focus in the next 2 weeks. Now I am re evaluating if I should get the C-class (used) instead. [:p]

Wow liao.

I am almost dead set to buy the new Ford Focus in the next 2 weeks. Now I am re evaluating if I should get the C-class (used) instead. [:p]

The C class is obviously a better choice. The interior of the C class looks so much better and so are the specifications.

My c180 has served me for 2 yrs n the only major I have done is changing e bearing due to wear n tear. Btw, it's a 2005 c180ml....decent drive n very stable .... Have yet to get out of sg...

Not to mention the 'tune-ability' of the cgi engine. Saw from sgmerc able to tune the c180cgi to 200bhp! [;)]

Actually tuning C180 CGI is not cheap, it's better go straight for C200 difference only 9k now. C200 to C250 only 6k more no need to worry at all/

I traded my B170 to C180K, my heart want to go for C180 CGI but money not enough.

My first car was a ford lazer. It was as rough and as unrefined as can be and consumption was pretty terrible for a 1.6 ltr. But of coz it was like 10+ years ago and probably not a fair comparison for today's ford's standard.

Still, if the new focus is similarly priced, you better dun look in the MB direction coz I have a gut feeling that you will probably fall for a car that has less years to drive, for the same amt of money. I was happily driving a FD2 until i stepped into the MB.....and immediately i became poorer.....well, in a happy way, fortunately :)

Wow liao.

ford... yuck. my parents had 2 fords, both of them the engine blew on them. if you're already looking at the merc, go for it. it's a totally different class.

ford is just the angmor version of toyota.

ford... yuck. my parents had 2 fords, both of them the engine blew on them. if you're already looking at the merc, go for it. it's a totally different class.

Haha you got your W124 yet?

Never liked fords. Interiors are usually very cheap looking.

Wow liao.

bro, both are good car la. i own both and each has its own strength.

eg . no stress driving the ford coz much cheaper, in fact my focus depreciation is half of my c class.but both have superior riding comfort and safety.

My first car was a ford lazer. It was as rough and as unrefined as can be and consumption was pretty terrible for a 1.6 ltr. But of coz it was like 10+ years ago and probably not a fair comparison for today's ford's standard.

Still, if the new focus is similarly priced, you better dun look in the MB direction coz I have a gut feeling that you will probably fall for a car that has less years to drive, for the same amt of money. I was happily driving a FD2 until i stepped into the MB.....and immediately i became poorer.....well, in a happy way, fortunately :)

focus similiarly priced. than no brainer.........c class than.

i owned a laser too and no regrets till now. unfortunately i crashed it in genting and it was a write off, but i m still around to tell

Get the Merc. My C200 CGI served me well for 1.5 years now. Only sent for regular servicing at 10K intervals. Only recently have smelly air con problem which the bros here have recommended some solutions and workshops that I will be getting it fixed. Once in bolehland I had a puncture and I didn't feel it, but was alerted by the tire pressure sensor. Kind of saved me from a potential disaster, one might say.

• Praise 1

hi bro, u owned a volvo rite? i am ex owner of a v50 t5 but sold it for a focus. no regrets coz FC lower and handling better. spares are easy to find and end of the day lower running cost. fyi, they are on similiar platform but volvo are priced much higher.

sometimes owning a car depends on luck and our care, most people dont really maintain their car properly.

Haha you got your W124 yet?

Never liked fords. Interiors are usually very cheap looking.

this one i have to agree. hard plastics. but at least no rattling from the deskboard heng!!!!!!anyway got it cheap so no complains