Horrible Tuning Experience With OBD-Tuning Pte Ltd!

Dermocyma

That's why do a dyno before and after you get the ECU remapped or tuned. It's the logical thing to do.

actually, tuning should be done on a dyno and not just by "keying in" data

What you say "butt feel" is actually road tuning. Road tuning should be after baselines are set with dyno tuning if you're going to mess around with engine management. Of course, there's a lot of smart people out there who say that numbers don't matter, what matters is how it feels, just like how drive by wire chipping makes your car feel faster!

Even if you have to spend a bit more for the before and after dyno sheet, I would spend it, just to make sure that the tune I paid for does as advertised, otherwise I would be asking for my money back.

Honestly, for people who can afford upmarket continental brands, I expected them to be more savvy.

different method lah. that's why there is dyno tune and obd2 tune.

just get this correct.

OBD tune refers to hooking up a computer to the car's ECU to remap/reflash the ECU right?

Dyno tune refers to reprogramming the ECU while doing a dyno right?

although there is no dyno to show the results,he does seem to have some people patronising his service.

was quoted $8** to tune but didnt go ahead with it.

maybe anyone who has done it may care to comment?

just get this correct.

OBD tune refers to hooking up a computer to the car's ECU to remap/reflash the ECU right?

Dyno tune refers to reprogramming the ECU while doing a dyno right?

correct. normally the car's OBD2 port is underneath the steering wheel. Just connect the OBD2 connector. Nowadays even got OB2 adapter with bluetooth connectivity. you can tune using your android or iphone. :D That being said, some makes e.g. Audi have intentionally hardlocked their OBD2 ports.

i also nearly went to him.

he just say can increase this and that but no dyno done.

Me too! I have actually made an appointment with him but back out last minute as I dun feel good when he dun do dyno after tuning.

Not heard of this guy at all. Look like he is out to make a quick buck from gullible consumers :P

You must ask your brother for the story lah...he mentioned it over kopi I think just last week...and we all laugh until fell off the chair.

Attention all car owners: personal advice, never patronize the car workshop at Shell Paya Lebar, Shell Autoserv.

Poor workmanship and poor service. Low Integrity.

Dyno-ed my SLK 200 after tuning from Dave. Horsepower up by about 30 torque up by about 40Nm. Maybe I'm plain lucky that his tuning works? Maybe bros might want to go dyno yr car before commenting? Dave also did mention something abt going full throttle for a while after tuning which I find it rather amusing..

↡ Advertisement