Alternative to Armorall Wheel Protectant

Hensony

Hi bros

Do you know of any product similar to Armorall Wheel Protectant (AWP)?

AWP is a great product. What I don't like is the product must be spray-applied, which makes it difficult to evenly apply on my rims. I believe a better protectant is one that can be applied using sponge. Where can I find such protectant?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros

Do you know of any product similar to Armorall Wheel Protectant (AWP)?

AWP is a great product. What I don't like is the product must be spray-applied, which makes it difficult to evenly apply on my rims. I believe a better protectant is one that can be applied using sponge. Where can I find such protectant?

Thanks

I am a fan of the product but also don't like spray application as it is quite wasteful. The product isn't cheap and typically last only 4 applications. Have you tried spraying it on a sponge and then wiping over the wheels?

I am a fan of the product but also don't like spray application as it is quite wasteful. The product isn't cheap and typically last only 4 applications. Have you tried spraying it on a sponge and then wiping over the wheels?

If I can't find an alternative, I'll try applying with sponge.

I google about this topic. Rim wax seems like a candidate. Not sure if it's sold here. Will have to check out Autobacs.

I google about this topic. Rim wax seems like a candidate. Not sure if it's sold here. Will have to check out Autobacs.

Hi bro Hensony..i recommend you to try collinite insulator wax..many of my customers used it on rims with great feedback..this wax can be used for car paint..it can take high temp and that is why is durable on rims..if your rims are clear coated..the next product u can ise is opticoat..this suppose to be a permanent coating on paint but make sure rims are clear coated

I have tried rim wax. Don't quite like it as applying wax on a wheel is harder than on the car body. Buffing is just as tough and it still doesn't repel brake dust and dirt like Armourall wheel protectant does. Nonetheless I use it occasionally to help to remove stubborn dirt.

Hi bro Hensony..i recommend you to try collinite insulator wax..many of my customers used it on rims with great feedback..this wax can be used for car paint..it can take high temp and that is why is durable on rims..if your rims are clear coated..the next product u can ise is opticoat..this suppose to be a permanent coating on paint but make sure rims are clear coated

Hi Benny. Thanks for the recommendations. Collinite is one product that looks promising when I visited your website. Glad to know it can be applied on rims as well. Can I get it from MX Trading? Thanks

Hi Benny. Thanks for the recommendations. Collinite is one product that looks promising when I visited your website. Glad to know it can be applied on rims as well. Can I get it from MX Trading? Thanks

Hi Bro..currently is only available with me.. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Here I go digging old threads again, but its so quiet under detailing topic that I thought it would be worthwhile to reignite.

Waxing rims isn't as hard as what's suggested. Breaking a sweat to do it will only make it easier for you washing rims for many times to come, up to a year depending on product used.

Swissvax Autobahn is highly regarded and exotic, you'll see many high end cars use this.

Poorboys wheel wax is a reliable and value for money wax and very easy to buff off.

A coating like Cquartz DLUX will give off a darkening effect which is great on gun metal or black rims and would last for a very long time, approximately 6 months but in most cases have been proved to be longer.

Any recommendation of products to use to remove brake dust that has been etched/baked on the rims?

I tried to use a sponge with car shampoo to remove the brake dust but there are still some stuck there.

When you use your fingers to run along the rims, you can actually feel it.

Sonax's rim cleaner is good! Think sometimes giant and autobacs all that will have promo. But I buy direct from the Singapore Sonax agent so permanent discount hehe :p

Have used Sonax wheel cleaner before and it is quite surreal - the brake dust "bleeds" off the rims in just seconds, and after a few minutes you hose it off and your rims are left looking as clean as if from the showroom.

Have tried it on friend's rims which are already pitted with brake dust after a long time of neglect - not so effective. Those rims need professional resprayers, nothing the Sonax can do.

Have used Sonax wheel cleaner before and it is quite surreal - the brake dust "bleeds" off the rims in just seconds, and after a few minutes you hose it off and your rims are left looking as clean as if from the showroom.

Have tried it on friend's rims which are already pitted with brake dust after a long time of neglect - not so effective. Those rims need professional resprayers, nothing the Sonax can do.

alright. Looks like I might need to respray my rims first otherwise there's nothing much the Sonax can do.

But I'll still try out the Sonax product.

Sonax's rim cleaner is good! Think sometimes giant and autobacs all that will have promo. But I buy direct from the Singapore Sonax agent so permanent discount hehe :p

do you have their contacts?

Neutral Newbie

alright. Looks like I might need to respray my rims first otherwise there's nothing much the Sonax can do.

But I'll still try out the Sonax product.

I suggest trying Sonax first, you'd be very surprised! I would spray liberally inside and out, let it sit for 4-5 minutes then agitate with a dedicated wheel brush. Rinse.

Then, do it a second time.

From there, if you're still not happy then go for a refurbish/respray as that would cost a lot more and be a back up option.

I suggest trying Sonax first, you'd be very surprised! I would spray liberally inside and out, let it sit for 4-5 minutes then agitate with a dedicated wheel brush. Rinse.

Then, do it a second time.

From there, if you're still not happy then go for a refurbish/respray as that would cost a lot more and be a back up option.

thanks bro! I'll get the Sonax & the wheel brush then.

Really excited to try it out hahaha.

↡ Advertisement