Car Insurance Comparison List~!

Matchy

Turbocharged

under what circumstance will one get a courtesy car in the event of an accident ? say kenah rear-ended ?

Probably depends on the AD.

Last time I was given a COE Camry while the car was under repair.

It was thru a rental company they tied up with.

Was so disappointed back then cos the Mercs were all out.

Probably billed together with repair costs

↡ Advertisement

under what circumstance will one get a courtesy car in the event of an accident ? say kenah rear-ended ?

All dpends on whether it is stated in your insurance policy. Typically have will state like $100/day for 10 days when the ride is under repair. If not stated, then don't have.

When you renew your car iunsurance, if going through a broker they will show you a few options from different insurance companies with excess amount/replacement car/ premium amount/roadside assistance/etc all listed for you to compare and select one base on your desires.

Recently my ride got rear-ended, and managed to get a courtesy car from a rental company. Can see that the ride is from a rental company from the documents in the glove compartment.

Twincharged

All dpends on whether it is stated in your insurance policy. Typically have will state like $100/day for 10 days when the ride is under repair. If not stated, then don't have.

When you renew your car iunsurance, if going through a broker they will show you a few options from different insurance companies with excess amount/replacement car/ premium amount/roadside assistance/etc all listed for you to compare and select one base on your desires.

Recently my ride got rear-ended, and managed to get a courtesy car from a rental company. Can see that the ride is from a rental company from the documents in the glove compartment.

so this is not automatic that you get a courtesy car if you are rear ended  and not your fault ?

depends on the type of policy you bought ?

so this is not automatic that you get a courtesy car if you are rear ended and not your fault ?

depends on the type of policy you bought ?

No definitely not.

But, then again, if your repair workshop is not AD and vety hiong, you can request for courtesy car if repair cost is huge and ask them to absorb it. Of course they will not absorb it, but will charge that $1k somewhere since not vety big amount.

Not ethical, but am sure is happening in the industry to win over customers.

Turbocharged

recently is have to renew my car insurance. usually i just renew with existing but this time i am force to swtich because of a bad deal they are offering me.

i realize there are many variables and hidden clauses. even their NCB protector are a bunch of shit. womder why we have such complicated schemes to confuse buyers?

if i choose to buy my car insurance from one of those car insurance companies, will it still be 4-5K less than 1 year driving experience?

Normally Insurance looks at your occupation to deternine the rate they charged you. Less than 2 years driving experience is always more expensive.

recently is have to renew my car insurance. usually i just renew with existing but this time i am force to swtich because of a bad deal they are offering me.

i realize there are many variables and hidden clauses. even their NCB protector are a bunch of shit. womder why we have such complicated schemes to confuse buyers?

Yah need to do hwk

And ncd is rubbish. Every year the premium increase despite no claim. Had to jump to other insurer to get better deal

Then u claim the other party, claim for courtesy car as well. Depend how ur insurer fight for u

hey, any claims execs out there? need help on the valuation of damage cost.

my car parts were being stripped and damage, but I am unsure how much should i claim. 

would appreciate a lot for your help. 

If the car is in your name, can you put yrs and a family member but family members as main drivers? If the family member has better profile  (job, age etc) , will the insurance premium be lower? 

If the car is in your name, can you put yrs and a family member but family members as main drivers? If the family member has better profile (job, age etc) , will the insurance premium be lower?

As far as I know, insurance is based on main driver who owned the car. You can buy named driver with slightly additional premium. Insurance does not care the other driver good or bad.

Better to include named driver if he frequently use the car and younger age below 27yo.

If accident not in your favour, you only pay premium as of main driver instead of additional premium at $2.5k+-

But insurance slightly more for peace of mind.

Nowadays we are helpless at Insurance's mercy ...lolxx

Shopping for car insurance company 

My criteria are : 

1.  Go back to my own workshop 

2.  Dont need Malaysia coverage 

3.  NCD protector 

4.  Cover flood, fire 

5.  Only cover myself plus my wife as designated driver 

6.  And the standard list of course, windscreen deductible , main deductible etc 

I am currently with Budget Direct 

Turbocharged

Shopping for car insurance company 

My criteria are : 

1.  Go back to my own workshop 

2.  Dont need Malaysia coverage 

3.  NCD protector 

4.  Cover flood, fire 

5.  Only cover myself plus my wife as designated driver 

6.  And the standard list of course, windscreen deductible , main deductible etc 

I am currently with Budget Direct 

I always find that NCD Protector is useless

Have to pay extra 10% of the premium

They will also add loading when this is a claim and have to stay with the same insurer.

LPPL.

They will also add loading when this is a claim and have to stay with the same insurer.

LPPL.

Do more in-dept comparison (both tangible and intangible) ...... 

LPPL.

NCD is BS.

They up premium by 50% and return you 50% less. LPPL.

(edited)

If the car is in your name, can you put yrs and a family member but family members as main drivers? If the family member has better profile  (job, age etc) , will the insurance premium be lower? 

Recently, I switched to a Named Driver (instead of Authorised Driver) plan with Budget Direct (from other insurer) ... I added my Brother as a Named Driver. He has a clean record & not young driver ... the premium was REDUCED by about $30 or around 4.5% 

The savings from this switch allowed me to buy out entire $600 Excess and retain Any Workshop choice for my 3 years+ car.

Edited by oceanicmanta
  • Praise 1

Recently, I switched to a Named Driver (instead of Authorised Driver) plan with Budget Direct (from other insurer) ... I added my Brother as a Named Driver. He has a clean record & not young driver ... the premium was REDUCED by about $30 or around 4.5% 

The savings from this switch allowed me to buy out entire $600 Excess and retain Any Workshop choice for my 3 years+ car.

Clever.  I was from AIG , default when I first got my Mercedes, after that i did enuff homework and jumped to Budget Direct , that saved me $480 ... 

U probably are like me , did enough groundwork , make a lots of comparison based on different scenario and compared both Tangible and Intangible ups and downs , to enjoy what you had 

My car insurance is due for renewal next mth...

i am currently with Aviva...

The renewal premium is lowest than other big insurers...

I am still thinking if i shud renew with Aviva... wondering if that is the lowest...

$888 compare to others abv $1000.... on 40% ncd...

↡ Advertisement