Michelin Pilot Sport 3 - user review pls

Nastrix

I intend to change my tyre for my odyssey to Michelin PS3 215/55/R17

Any user pls share your thoughts on its performance and the noise level.

Appreciate the feedback cool.gif

↡ Advertisement

i hv this on my e90 for >30,000km. grip in wet and dry so damn good, i hv yet to lose confident when taking corners or long winding roads. better than my csc3.

sidewall is hard so good for corners even with higher sidewall cos my profile is 225/45/r17. just lower tyre pressure a bit for a more comfortable ride.

noise is loud (on some road surface) when compared to comfort tyres but so much quieter than other sports range (e.g. falken, dunlop, eagle).

great tyres for daily drives and occasional sprint. and peace of mind.

Neutral Newbie

i hv this on my e90 for >30,000km. grip in wet and dry so damn good, i hv yet to lose confident when taking corners or long winding roads. better than my csc3.

sidewall is hard so good for corners even with higher sidewall cos my profile is 225/45/r17. just lower tyre pressure a bit for a more comfortable ride.

noise is loud (on some road surface) when compared to comfort tyres but so much quieter than other sports range (e.g. falken, dunlop, eagle).

great tyres for daily drives and occasional sprint. and peace of mind.

then do you think PS3 is better than CSC3? Is CSC3 quieter than PS3?

PS3 is good.

in wet or dry

highly recommended

Although its a sports tyre, but noise level, is much more better than GY E F1, Re001, Yoko S drive...

losy tires, wear rate is super fast, if you have money to burn buy it, confirm wear out within 6months+

And when it's old, it's super noisy.

CSC5 is out and CSC3 225/40R18 having promo now at all tire shop $250 to $260 per piece.

losy tires, wear rate is super fast, if you have money to burn buy it, confirm wear out within 6months+

And when it's old, it's super noisy.

CSC5 is out and CSC3 225/40R18 having promo now at all tire shop $250 to $260 per piece.

i installed mine during june and so fur no sign of wearing out....... [crazy]

btw there are two version.....asia or euro made,which i is yours?

That means it is quiet. Make no sense to compare noise level with comfort tires.

That means it is quiet. Make no sense to compare noise level with comfort tires.

the noise is consider veri quiet when travelling at 120km.....but sometmes depend on road conditions also.

Neutral Newbie

i also have thought to change PS3 to my FD1 soon. but was recommended by SA to go for bridgestone GR90 as it is equally good. is it true?

Edited by Kudass

Hi. I've been on PS3 225/45R17 since last Dec. Think the wear-rate's pretty good. At least better than my last Eagle Revspec. For a sports tyre the wear rate is good compared to CSC3 and BS RE050. I tracked with the PS3 at PG and the grip in dry is very good. At the optimal pressure of 32psi, they grip very well under hard cornering.

Wet grip is good compared to my earlier Falkens and Eagles.

They are noisy compared to CSC3 but not that far off from similar class tyres like RE001.

If you want comfort over handling, the CSC3 may be a better choice as the sidewall of CSC3 is softer. Though the CSC3 will wear out faster, it is offset by a comfortable and quiet ride.

Chk out CSC5 since it is already out. I haven't got a chance to try them out yet.

Cheers!

Neutral Newbie

Hi. I've been on PS3 225/45R17 since last Dec. Think the wear-rate's pretty good. At least better than my last Eagle Revspec. For a sports tyre the wear rate is good compared to CSC3 and BS RE050. I tracked with the PS3 at PG and the grip in dry is very good. At the optimal pressure of 32psi, they grip very well under hard cornering.

Wet grip is good compared to my earlier Falkens and Eagles.

They are noisy compared to CSC3 but not that far off from similar class tyres like RE001.

If you want comfort over handling, the CSC3 may be a better choice as the sidewall of CSC3 is softer. Though the CSC3 will wear out faster, it is offset by a comfortable and quiet ride.

Chk out CSC5 since it is already out. I haven't got a chance to try them out yet.

Cheers!

i personally think that the sidewall for PS3 is softer than the CSC3. but overall, both tyres are excellent.

Hey bros/ sis,

Any idea if any shops having promo for Michelin PS3 size 205/45/r16?

Thks & regards.

what promo....buy 3 get 1?

u will be lucky if got stock deal to flood to thailand

Ps3 MIT? I meant Xmas promo or something similar.

PS3 are produced in asia and also euro....

price wise asia cheaper than euro.

im using 225/45/17 made in spain cos $245pc to $190pc mit.

↡ Advertisement