Something to plug into the cigarette lighter

Yattokame

Neutral Newbie

I been bitten by snake oils, but voltage banks does have it's uses.

Of coz the theoretical overblown promises are simply, well, overblown....

Capacitors has its uses when put at the end devices, not put on the battery.

The battery itself is a huge capacitors.

I've seen a few circuits that a cap is also present at the alternator as well.

It's not as if it's useless and need aftermarket VS to fill that void.

But that could also be said for grounding cables.

There are plenty of grounding cables around the car. When it's hidden no one sees it.

They go buy nice coloured grounding cables and put inside the engine bay to show off.

If your car really need those "nice" grounding cables, a lot of devices would not have worked in the first place.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, need some help here.

My uncle commented that his friends are all raving about this device, when plugged into the cigarette lighter, makes the car smoother/more powerful and saves fuel too. sells about $200++

I'm guessing it's some kind of voltage stabilizer but I thought that usually goes next to the car battery in the engine compartment.... anybody has any clue?

thanx in advance

pray tell whats the name of this product? I am guessing Placebo? :D

It's amazing that in this day and age, still got many people who willingly splash money on false promises.

All you need is lots of marketing, false testimonials, put it in a nice package, and idiots will buy it.

VS is just as useless as a couple of capacitors put in a nice box. Make it blink and you sell even more.

How do you think we vote for the President? <_<

My uncle commented that his friends are all raving about this device, when plugged into the cigarette lighter, makes the car smoother/more powerful and saves fuel too. sells about $200++

I'm guessing it's some kind of voltage stabilizer but I thought that usually goes next to the car battery in the engine compartment.... anybody has any clue?

thanx in advance

I have a device that use can charge the car battery via the cigarette lighter 12V outlet....If the battery is flat.....Just plug in for 10 min and the battery will be charged up , enough for a car start...

but never heard of such a device that can boost fuel and power..

Er, also got limit right. Otherwise then it is just a straightforward case of just dumping in sparks.

[laugh] [laugh]

yes.. gort limit. the limit r the laws of physics n conservation.

Why don't the car owners just install another alternator then?

Pump up the ign coils input from 14V to 28V in series. [laugh]

good idea.. there is this electrical motor + alternator, 2 in 1.

the engine charges the alternator when the car is not moving.

When the car is moving, the stored power runs the electric motor to provide the charging instead.

this saves the engine from having power loss in turning the alternator, = more power and less fuel consumption also.

the thread is still about fantasy sci-fi devices right [:(]

LOL

my guess was as good as u guys - snake oil; but what to do? my uncle swears by snake oil.... that it turns his car into a rocket overnight.

anyway i was just trying to find out something about it. never said i would promote buying one.

Yes, efficiency can be achieved with cars designed to operate on higher voltages.

This was already in history, after it was the norm for 12V and 24V standards.

thanx in advance

can you take a photo of this device?

LOL

my guess was as good as u guys - snake oil; but what to do? my uncle swears by snake oil.... that it turns his car into a rocket overnight.

anyway i was just trying to find out something about it. never said i would promote buying one.

u know what you can do..

Ask to borrow the device, then unscrew the part which sticks into the ciggy socket. Inside should have a fuse, spring and plunger thingy, place something like a plastic tab in between the plunger and fuse to open the circuit.

Return to him n see whether he notice any difference or not after that. [laugh] [laugh]

but i think this kind of device usually have LED light which glows/pulse or something. Partly psychological reason - gives visual feedback to the driver that it is doing something.

I have a device that use can charge the car battery via the cigarette lighter 12V outlet....If the battery is flat.....Just plug in for 10 min and the battery will be charged up , enough for a car start...

but never heard of such a device that can boost fuel and power..

This device is very useful! Where can I get it?

total bull shyt. ask the seller to strip this device and let us see what's in side.

maybe all we see is just led and registers.

thanx in advance

i saw a blue one... called sixth element or smthing... also saw some Japanese brands hving this device

all the logic makes sense... improvement in your ride could be like 0.00001% lol

i remember i had some 2T poured into a nice container, gave a colleague and told him it was some fuel enhancer... he used it and said wah smoother more power better mileage etc... when i told him 2T he got so worried his car will spoilt etc and was damn pissed with me... btw i've been using 2T for 2yrs+ liao its great... no wet plugs no fouling... even tried moth balls etc... (but was on company's vehicle) engine was like on steriods lol

u looking for something to poke plug is it???

so old thread & u go dig out...

[:(]

[laugh] hey not i dig out one leh.... yah hor so old liao the thread... opps

btw yes i like poking n pluging... lol