Intend to diy my Honda jazz GD transmission fluid

Vincentthung

Hi

i have the intention to change my jazz transmission fluid, myself.

would like to seek advise on bro that have done it before.

got my own CVTF but do no have jack stand to support, is it possible to find a kerk and lift up the lift the the passager side in order to reach the transmission drain plug.

from youtube the process is easy but due to the small space in singapore, one is hard to DIY.

call and ask a few workshop and they charge anything from $25 - 30. which i find it ex. as to only loose the drain plug and fill up the new fluid.

Or bro out there got workshop to recommend and charge lower labour fee.

thank for sharing

↡ Advertisement

Get the workshop to change it when you doing normal servicing.

Where you stay?

I stay at Bishan, my last service the mechanic told me to get my transmission fluid outside so that i can save more. Call back the shop aft I got my fluid and told them that I intend to do transmission fluid change. They charge $27 for the service which I find it ex.

I stay at Bishan, my last service the mechanic told me to get my transmission fluid outside so that i can save more. Call back the shop aft I got my fluid and told them that I intend to do transmission fluid change. They charge $27 for the service which I find it ex.

expensive? then get quotes from various WS. its not that easy to change the oil. or you can find a freelancer to do it for you

$27 every 3 months is not a lot dude. i would leave the work to the mechanics.

i dun know him, but if 27 is expensive, then he shouldn't be even driving in the 1st place

27 bucks isn't expensive. If really budget den u can go jb tO do it.

I pay arnd 25 bucks for my ATF change. I also buy my own cvt ATF from stockists

$27 every 3 months is not a lot dude. i would leave the work to the mechanics.

3 months?? Not engine old le bro...... Anyway, $27 lets say for a year its actually ok. You already save on the transmission fluid.

To all people that respond to my post.

No offend, I am just sourcing for another alternative to have my transmission fluid change.

Instead of just paying or the job to be done, I am more willing to be involve in the process. If it is complicated, of course I will send to proper workshop and get it fix. But by looking at transmission fluid change video from YouTube, it's not that hard for one to DIY.

I have no problem disposing the used oil,thank for caring for the environment.

Anyway thank for sharing negative comment .

To all people that respond to my post.

No offend, I am just sourcing for another alternative to have my transmission fluid change.

Instead of just paying or the job to be done, I am more willing to be involve in the process. If it is complicated, of course I will send to proper workshop and get it fix. But by looking at transmission fluid change video from YouTube, it's not that hard for one to DIY.

I have no problem disposing the used oil,thank for caring for the environment.

Anyway thank for sharing negative comment .

Bro, some people in this forum just love to criticize one.

Anyways, do it together with your next servicing la, save money. Very troublesome to DIY.

My Lao pok workshop charges 30 to change both fluids.

i think it can be done just that it will be quite tedious to do it on the first time....

Just make sure that you have the necessary tools ready and do a dry run, with no unscrewing just to get a feel of it.....

Good luck!

Changing of cvtf is not that easy as shown in utube.

The ws will need to reset the gearbox PCM and than calibrate the gear shifting sensor after change.

The only place I know does this resetting is only kahmotor n inspire21

Price I not sure ... But resetting is a must.

My2cents

Wow u r pretty calculative

Changing of cvtf is not that easy as shown in utube.

The ws will need to reset the gearbox PCM and than calibrate the gear shifting sensor after change.

The only place I know does this resetting is only kahmotor n inspire21

Price I not sure ... But resetting is a must.

My2cents

Thank for sharing, the last time I change my transmission fluid the w.s didn't do what you mention.

They simply drain out the old one and filled with new fluid that's all.

Anyway at least. Now I know there is this PCM reset stuff. ^_^

[laugh]

Wow u r pretty calculative

Oh yes! the only thing I dun calculate is petrol price cos quite standard thru out sg.

The rest like E.O change and stuff, is subjective therefore I will be calculative.

Instead of been kena chopped carrot and then make noise, I prefer to source out first.

It's only 2day later aft I service the car then I call the w.s I got my fluid alr , before I left I alr inform the w.s that I will be coming back for transmission fluid change. They can at the least charge a lower labour fee as I alr visited them. :wacko:

1. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A JACKSTAND, PLEASE DO NOT GET UNDER THE CAR.... you can get crushed if the jack falls on you.

2. $25-30 is worth the money if you don't know what you are doing. I'm not sure if you are calculative, stingy or having money woes, bit it's not a lot of money -- in comparison to a GD or the amount of money you may end up spending if you f@#$ up the job!

Hi

i have the intention to change my jazz transmission fluid, myself.

would like to seek advise on bro that have done it before.

got my own CVTF but do no have jack stand to support, is it possible to find a kerk and lift up the lift the the passager side in order to reach the transmission drain plug.

from youtube the process is easy but due to the small space in singapore, one is hard to DIY.

call and ask a few workshop and they charge anything from $25 - 30. which i find it ex. as to only loose the drain plug and fill up the new fluid.

Or bro out there got workshop to recommend and charge lower labour fee.

thank for sharing

↡ Advertisement