How to make my ride comfortable

Tweakmax2

I am driving Latio, spring changed to NF 210 lowered spring, absorber original.

Previously wanted to go low for more stable, however currently need to ferry elderly and children so priority is comfort. So which option is better?

1 Change the spring back to stock, absorber remain

2 Change the absorber to fit the NF210, not sure if this opt will get a comfortable ride

3 Change a full set of spring and absorber, any recommendation for a comfort set?

Or is there any other better chioices?

personally for me if your are going for comfort..use stock shocks and spring..

add some choco bars like front strut and a rear arb for better handling will do..

if go for coilover ur comfort may suffer quite abit..

oh ya..for better grip you may change to a wider tire..since i read you are on 195/60/15..

Edited by Monoswift
↡ Advertisement

Use back stock absorbers bro, I believe urs are still good and new.. Aftermarket absorbers are usually for performance and they're never comfy.. It'll solve all ur problems.. Or even a little sound proofing might be a bonus?

Previously wanted to go low for more stable, however currently need to ferry elderly and children so priority is comfort. So which option is better?

2 Change the absorber to fit the NF210, not sure if this opt will get a comfortable ride

3 Change a full set of spring and absorber, any recommendation for a comfort set?

2= u got both side of the world

3= good comfort with good ride height for MSP.

Edited by Teddy123

strange for a latio owner to come in and ask how to make it more comfy.

in the first place, why will u wanna lower a latio? the car already meant for comfort driving. for stability, will just go for coilovers already.

my genuine advice is, change back stock springs with stock absorbers, cos I don't think ur car usage suits lowering of any sort. stock should be your most comfortable option.

hope i dont sound harsh. i believe many people will tell u the same thing. [;)]

I agreed with your comment...Want more comfort from a ''already made'' for comfort drive car......simple....Just let go some tyre pressure....the ride will be less bumpy and comfort...use back all stock suspection part........sport spring? overcoil? save your money lah...

in the first place, a stock Latio should be quite comfy already.

to further enhance the comfort level, try downsizing the rims or maybe install a Toyota stock suspension. You will feel like you are on a boat. Hehehe.~

ignorance is a bliss, stock is always the best

i used to drive the latio and have no complains about the shocks or springs. stick the stock ones back. get from stockist and ask outside w/s to install cheaper than tan chong.

if you can, change out to 205/55/R16 tyres (and rims of course) will give you better handling and ride height as 205/55/R16 tyre is wider and larger.

stock spring are alway the most comfortable.. But handing is normally [thumbsdown]

For sake of ur family, TS just got to revert back stock and forgo sharpening the car handling..

If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish. I believe you are wealthy enough to enjoy yourself with 18-inch wheels. I like to believe replacing worn tire do not cost you a bomb. Just make sure the sidewalls do not touch the road when you are cornering with the lower tire inflation pressure (sidewalls mostly got only 2-ply reinforcement these days). Happy motoring to you.

Hi my tyre shop recommend me pump 240 also on 225/40/18. Is this the wrong pressure? too little? how much must i pump?

Hi my tyre shop recommend me pump 240 also on 225/40/18. Is this the wrong pressure? too little? how much must i pump?

No introduction on your car, like: FWD, RWD, usage, occupancy/load, any unpaved roads, driving manner (circuits)...

Assumption: FWD, Driver alone, paved roads, within 90km/H

80% of the maximum inflation pressure on side wall of tyre for the front, and 70% of same for the rear. Observe if side wall in contact with road when cornering and adapt inflation pressures accordingly. Road cambers can demand different variations from these.

No introduction on your car, like: FWD, RWD, usage, occupancy/load, any unpaved roads, driving manner (circuits)...

Assumption: FWD, Driver alone, paved roads, within 90km/H

80% of the maximum inflation pressure on side wall of tyre for the front, and 70% of same for the rear. Observe if side wall in contact with road when cornering and adapt inflation pressures accordingly. Road cambers can demand different variations from these.

Yes your assumption is right. Cant find any inflation indication on my side wall or maybe didnt look hard enuff. But how do i know if side wall is in contact with road when cornering?

Also im on stretched tyres (ie, tyre is a bit smaller width then rim width, giving a rounded side wall look)

Yes your assumption is right. Cant find any inflation indication on my side wall or maybe didnt look hard enuff. But how do i know if side wall is in contact with road when cornering?

Also im on stretched tyres (ie, tyre is a bit smaller width then rim width, giving a rounded side wall look)

[confused] Unless you are using cushion tire, each tyre should come with maximum inflation pressure on the sidewall. It is very dangerous to over-inflate/under-inflate tyre by a certain margin. Some maximum inflation pressure indicated on only one side of the tyre. Can look at the other side of the tire for it.

Can share why you choose to use such stretched tire with higher risk of rim damage if you get too near the kerb ?

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

[confused] Unless you are using cushion tire, each tyre should come with maximum inflation pressure on the sidewall. It is very dangerous to over-inflate/under-inflate tyre by a certain margin. Some maximum inflation pressure indicated on only one side of the tyre. Can look at the other side of the tire for it.

Can share why you choose to use such stretched tire with higher risk of rim damage if you get too near the kerb ?

yokohama tyre catalogue from YHI stated no inflation > 40psi.

IMG_0762.jpg

It isnt Stretched that much, and the dunlop direzza has a rim lip that sticks out of the tyre to protect the rim from kerb rash. Personally i like the stretched look. Makes cars look muscular, and my car looks quite muscular so needs muscular tyre lol :wub:

Neutral Newbie

yupz because they charge you for jacking up the car , and they assume singaporean drivers all damn rich!!!

no, because they have to jack the car up, take the wheels off, drop the shocks, swap the springs, and do a wheel alignment.

Neutral Newbie

in the first place, a stock Latio should be quite comfy already.

to further enhance the comfort level, try downsizing the rims or maybe install a Toyota stock suspension. You will feel like you are on a boat. Hehehe.~

uhhh, whut?

↡ Advertisement