Chevy Cruze5 Sportback

Benben_shen

Really like Cruze, and the sportback version looks even cooler...

Pity the super high COE stops me from buying it, 99K as listed in SGCarmart, but 89K as promotion now.

Do you like this car?

↡ Advertisement

Eyeing this model as well. Would be good if an existing owner of the CRUZ 5 Sportsback could give some Field Report, like FC, handling, comfort, etc...

Wanting to find out more!

Eyeing this model as well. Would be good if an existing owner of the CRUZ 5 Sportsback could give some Field Report, like FC, handling, comfort, etc...

I'm currently own a Cruze 2011. Great car and value buy. Can see some of my previous write up. FC is not as good as my old Altis due to it's massive tank-like frame. Since I owned 2 cars, to my surprise is quite fuel efficient as compare to my newly owned C180. As quiet and handling as C180. The pick up is average and loss out to C180. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

I'm currently own a Cruze 2011. Great car and value buy. Can see some of my previous write up. FC is not as good as my old Altis due to it's massive tank-like frame. Since I owned 2 cars, to my surprise is quite fuel efficient as compare to my newly owned C180. As quiet and handling as C180. The pick up is average and loss out to C180. [drivingcar]

I totaly agree that Cruze is with good handling and very nice quiet. It is so quiet it makes the bussing sound coming from the seatbelt harness very obvious... still not able to get rid of the noise yet as it does not occur all the time and Chevrolet service guy failed to see any abnormalities inspecting it... feel free to advise.

awesome remark on the masseve tank-like frame. :)

fuel tank as big as a truck. :p

So nice to own another car that is C180!

Neutral Newbie

Is it true that cruze 1.6 LS (A) is selling at $119999?

and Cruze5 1.6(A) at $128999?

Hardly see Cruze5 on the road... plenty of Cruze though.

I totaly agree that Cruze is with good handling and very nice quiet. It is so quiet it makes the bussing sound coming from the seatbelt harness very obvious... still not able to get rid of the noise yet as it does not occur all the time and Chevrolet service guy failed to see any abnormalities inspecting it... feel free to advise.

awesome remark on the masseve tank-like frame. :)

fuel tank as big as a truck. :p

So nice to own another car that is C180!

The driving experience is no dif between Cruze and C180. C180 pick up is better due to it's super-charge turbo 1.6, but FC not as good as Cruze.

The driving experience is no dif between Cruze and C180. C180 pick up is better due to it's super-charge turbo 1.6, but FC not as good as Cruze.

how big the fuel tank? 60L?

60L is very big one, even bigger than those 2.0L car's tank

Edited by Quantum

how big the fuel tank? 60L?

60L is very big one, even bigger than those 2.0L car's tank

Is 60L. Big right. This is a heavy car. Not meant for fast driver. Suitable for me, as a executive and family man. Great for long distance drive :D

very strange, just noticed

Cruze 1.6M only 107HP, but Cruze 1.6A 122HP :o

who can explain Y? it's Alpine looks down manual buyers? [laugh]

another strange is the Cruze kerb weight up to 1844kg, even heavier than a SUV, is it true?

Edited by Quantum

very strange, just noticed

Cruze 1.6M only 107HP, but Cruze 1.6A 122HP :o

who can explain Y? it's Alpine looks down manual buyers? [laugh]

Old stock. The 107HP is the old engine which the old 4AT is using also.

The new 6AT comes with 122HP engine, but the feedback is, "too many gears" => gear 1 to gear 2 is hesitant => gearbox is "confused" especially if driven in stop/start traffic.

Neutral Newbie

The new 6AT comes with 122HP engine, but the feedback is, "too many gears" => gear 1 to gear 2 is hesitant => gearbox is "confused" especially if driven in stop/start traffic.

Old engine also comes with 6AT. Not 4AT.

Neutral Newbie

cannot agree more. gearbox is easily confused when drive in stop/start traffic. even when turning slowly at junction.

The setup/tuning is not suitable for stop/start traffic, more for freeway travel where stops are few in between.

Avery car make has it's pros and cons. Is just a matter of you are a fast or steady driver. This car is not meant of fast drivers. Cruze stands for Cruising long distances. To me, the car is fine car and suits me will. I have been driving between manual and auto mode. The gear changing is quite ok, and seldom confuse. Unless you depress and let go in short interval. I love driving manual, coz is more power. [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Avery car make has it's pros and cons. Is just a matter of you are a fast or steady driver. This car is not meant of fast drivers. Cruze stands for Cruising long distances. To me, the car is fine car and suits me will. I have been driving between manual and auto mode. The gear changing is quite ok, and seldom confuse. Unless you depress and let go in short interval. I love driving manual, coz is more power. [cool]

I was told by Chevrolet technician, playing with the manual grear will increase a lot more fuel consumption... true?

Anyway, my 1.6 (A) LS is at 9.5 to 10 KM/liter.

How about you guys?

↡ Advertisement