Insurance Renewal after Total Loss

Melvinnn

Sorry to hijack and revive this old thread.

I'm ashamed to admit my own car got totalled by own damage, whack against wall.

Now I'm getting another car but is not sure if any insurance company will take me, and if they do, how much premium they will charge?

My total loss claim is at $51k.

Any experienced ones can share some knowledge?

Suggest you to wait 3yrs later to buy another car. There is a clause asking any claim made past 3 years,.

My friend Wish reported missing in north land total loss $50k. Subsequently, all insurer rejected his new purchase, have to put under wife name

Edited by Amazon777
↡ Advertisement

Any one with $20k claim? how much is your premium at next renewal?

100% Own fault,N.C.D. gone.!50/50 case N.C.D. Also gone,less than 20% own fault,N.C.D. saved.

NCD confirm gone. just not sure premium will increase by how times.

Don't worry,I think for your family car[suzuki SX-4 right.?]same price but no N.C.D.that means if you pay $1000 last year,your premium is about $2000..[1st time accident claim],if you already claimed more than 3 times last year,all own faults,then you are in trouble,i heard my friend told me,most Insurance companies don't even wants your business,if they want to renew your policy,premium will be about $6000 & above.

Edited by ER-3682

Worse,If your car are those high risk,high performace cars like Swift Sport....you need to tranfer the car to a friend to get insurance.

↡ Advertisement