Coffeeshop/Hawker anyhow charge? Any way to report?

Cerano

Want to charge expensive can but dont anyhow swap around your prices. Different staff on different days with same dish or food can have different prices. This is rubbish. Can report with proof?

This is a no troll thread btw. Dont come in and say, cannot afford dont eat la or why you so cheapskate.

↡ Advertisement

Car price also different range each week.

Different staff will also sell you the exact same car with different prices and freebies.

Can complain?

How about HBD sellers....? One day say COV $50k.....then next day see buyer is XMM say COV only $45k.

How can complain also?

Car price also different range each week.

Different staff will also sell you the exact same car with different prices and freebies.

Can complain?

How about HBD sellers....? One day say COV $50k.....then next day see buyer is XMM say COV only $45k.

How can complain also?

we should advocate transparency. u wanna go into a restaurant and see their mood whether they happy charge u more or less?

even for your HDB example, you wanna go and view a house and buy it when the owner advertises 400k-450k depending on my mood?

furthermore this is hawker food. basic need. not restaurant michelin starred stuff

Edited by Cerano

we should advocate transparency. u wanna go into a restaurant and see their mood whether they happy charge u more or less?

even for your HDB example, you wanna go and view a house and buy it when the owner advertises 400k-450k depending on my mood?

furthermore this is hawker food. basic need. not restaurant michelin starred stuff

They might said according to raw materials prices. Restaurants can absorb such changes but small hawker stalls might not be able.

Worst they might turn around and said you're lucky that last time calculate wrongly and charged you less.... [lipsrsealed]:ph34r:

Maybe you're trying to be nice, or you are afraid of "losing face". The most effective and most direct is to tell the hawker directly and then stop buying from him. This is buy & sell, they offer a price and you pay. No MP or civil servant is supposed to interfere with pricing. When the buying stops, either business practice improves or close down - simple as that.

What happens often is, most Singaporeans will not speak up against poor service.

Want to charge expensive can but dont anyhow swap around your prices. Different staff on different days with same dish or food can have different prices. This is rubbish. Can report with proof?

This is a no troll thread btw. Dont come in and say, cannot afford dont eat la or why you so cheapskate.

I ask for breakdown of food at times and when i find that the quantity or pricing is absurb, i kpkb at the stall. :D

i remembered when buy economical rice, was given 5 small pieces of gong bao chicken meat and lotsa dried chili, i made it known nicely and the owner given the 2x the amount for same price. :D

At same stall a few days later, when i pointed at curry chicken, same fella gave 1piece of potato and 2 pieces of chicken rib cage, so i made known but he say its like that, so i said, i don't want liao, he LL give me 2x (this time, nb, i have 4 pieces of chicken rib cage-not much meat so i LL, lol)

Maybe you're trying to be nice, or you are afraid of "losing face". The most effective and most direct is to tell the hawker directly and then stop buying from him. This is buy & sell, they offer a price and you pay. No MP or civil servant is supposed to interfere with pricing. When the buying stops, either business practice improves or close down - simple as that.

What happens often is, most Singaporeans will not speak up against poor service.

Ya... at times lah.

portion wise is okay but thing is i bought from this stall a few times

sometimes 3.50, sometimes 4.20 today 5.30. anyhow charge price one. i sure wont be buying in future.

however i was thinking, everyday people are being cheated by this stall and they may not even know it.

Should there be a regulating body or additional role for some of the existing government arms to serve as a watchdog for such complaints and beyond a certain level revoke their hawker license

very true. oddly business is not worsening for the stall and its still thriving since you know some people love to be carrotted. however this is not a good practice and should we leave this to the pure market forces to decide if more people get conned everyday?

the onus will be on you to prove it...

for a start, maybe you can start taking video when ordering.. include the amount you pay by saying it loudly before you pay and they acknowledge since no receipt..

looks like you complaining about chap chye peng stall....

but i can help them counter you.... seasonal prices..... as food is bought freshly daily.. so cost is different.. so charge you differently

the onus will be on you to prove it...

for a start, maybe you can start taking video when ordering.. include the amount you pay by saying it loudly before you pay and they acknowledge since no receipt..

looks like you complaining about chap chye peng stall....

but i can help them counter you.... seasonal prices..... as food is bought freshly daily.. so cost is different.. so charge you differently

exactly yup. if there is a way. but youre right the best way is just to get everyone you know to boycott the stall

just calculate howmuch they make and present your study to IRAS, let the law do the job.

One of the problems with rising hawker food prices is the rising rental rates that these stall have to pay... this is sthing the govt has to step in an regulate... all the sub-letting has driven rental cost sky high...

just calculate howmuch they make and present your study to IRAS, let the law do the job.

only u table cleaner happy la [laugh]

↡ Advertisement