Recevd 2 SMS from Moneylenders in 2 days

Yahgo22

Just ignore these SMSes.

Nothing much the police can do anyway.

Maybe i should also get a discontinued mobile number and jam then by asking for money
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

i call these money-lenders in the mid-night using my non-registered thai mobile whatapps line.... asking their xxx how much per night

• Praise 3

I’ve also been receiving these msgs n I block their nos. before deleting the msgs but seems endless n some can’t block don’t know why. I even ever receive a call who boldly told me he knows that I’m in need of money so “don’t paiseh, I’ll help” was his exact words to me

• Praise 5

Super irritating to receive such sms. Had subscribed to DNC but seems useless. Wanted to report but website not user friendly at all. Damn stupid

Better rates than sign credit card

Super irritating to receive such sms. Had subscribed to DNC but seems useless. Wanted to report but website not user friendly at all. Damn stupid

i also tio last week tio nia.

didnt even bother to read, delete straight

just take it as bank or insurance agent call up can liao.

DNC is only good for companies registered in Singapore

Example : Tuition centre, Banks and Property Agecy etc

So far, they had done their part by controlling these  companies from soliciting thru sms/whatapps

For those moneylenders and bookies, DNC will ask you to report mata. Cos most of these idiots are using expired (or cancelled) mobile numbers. Only can call thru whatapps (not by the usual calling)

Didnt know expired mobile numbers can be used in whatsapp call?

Iâve also been receiving these msgs n I block their nos. before deleting the msgs but seems endless n some canât block donât know why. I even ever receive a call who boldly told me he knows that Iâm in need of money so âdonât paiseh, Iâll helpâ was his exact words to með¡ð¡

If u check those sms which u can’t block on their call number, u will realize that they are not using phone# to sms u. Some even have alphabet in their contact#
  • Praise 2

Didnt know expired mobile numbers can be used in whatsapp call?

Guess Whatsapp won't know the line got terminated or change owner as long as once verified

Supercharged

These are not even loan sharks , these are scams .

They target those people with bad credit ratings who are desperate for cash . Will tell you that there is a small admin fee for the application , keep telling you that your loan is almost approved , you just needs to transfer that admin fee to them and they will remit your approved loan amount to you .

A relative got scammed and when we tried contacting them to meet up , they just disappeared .

• Praise 2

If u check those sms which u can’t block on their call number, u will realize that they are not using phone# to sms u. Some even have alphabet in their contact#

Ya I think u r right. Very frustrating as can’t block, can’t report and also feel like sitting duck as the messages keep coming. My record is receiving more than 10 such msgs in matter of 2-3hrs!

• Praise 6

I’ve also been receiving these msgs n I block their nos. before deleting the msgs but seems endless n some can’t block don’t know why. I even ever receive a call who boldly told me he knows that I’m in need of money so “don’t paiseh, I’ll help” was his exact words to me

• Praise 3

I just received (1) praise for copying my sms text msg here from anonymous.

Scroll through the postings here so many anonymous give out (1) praise!

Ah long runner in mcf?

I remember from my start-up / marketing classes long ago, these are the recommended tactics to snare customers. Regular reminders can hook new customers, when you call them, coincidentally, at a time of need.

Anyway it must be something somewhere we have given out our number, that's why the loansharks and bookies get hold of it. You can just check with other members of your family or relatives, not everyone gets hassled by these messages.

Then can narrow down which businesses are leaking out the phone numbers.

Turbocharged

I bought Aircon for my parents house thru Gaxx Silly.

I received a Amex card application form sent to my parents address.

So who leaked my name and parents address?

I didn't register anything to my parents address

Ya I think u r right. Very frustrating as canât block, canât report and also feel like sitting duck as the messages keep coming. My record is receiving more than 10 such msgs in matter of 2-3hrs!

Avoid giving out your mobile number to participate in lucky draw contests and do not surrender your info to dodgy websites, especially those overseas one.

If it is a Singapore number, i will usually text "On DNC list. Please remove from distribution list immediately or this number will be reported to PDPC" and it stops 99% of the time. I never have to carry out my threat.