Recevd 2 SMS from Moneylenders in 2 days

Yahgo22

and the most KNN thing is SMS and whatapps send middle of the night. 

Set Do Not Disturb mode on the phone, mute all SMS and whatsapp messages at night. For me, only calls will ring.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I remember from my start-up / marketing classes long ago, these are the recommended tactics to snare customers. Regular reminders can hook new customers, when you call them, coincidentally, at a time of need.

Anyway it must be something somewhere we have given out our number, that's why the loansharks and bookies get hold of it. You can just check with other members of your family or relatives, not everyone gets hassled by these messages.

Then can narrow down which businesses are leaking out the phone numbers.

so many potential culprits.

but one thing i'm sure: after I bought a property, there were countless calls in the few mths after it got TOP'ed. All the agents asked if i

- wanted to rent it out

- wanted to sell it

- wanted to sell my HDB

when i asked where they got my number from, they all said from their database [smash]

Those stopped after DNC first started and I added my no. to it.

Then later on, got go property and car showrooms over the next few years, and all these loans/gamings sms'es/calls/whatsapps came up. So my suspicion is narrowed down to these. I think - without proof though - it's the showflats that sell my no. to those 'databases'...

but one thing i'm sure: after I bought a property, there were countless calls in the few mths after it got TOP'ed. All the agents asked if i

- wanted to rent it out

- wanted to sell it

- wanted to sell my HDB

when i asked where they got my number from, they all said from their database [smash]

Then later on, got go property and car showrooms over the next few years, and all these loans/gamings sms'es/calls/whatsapps came up. So my suspicion is narrowed down to these. I think - without proof though - it's the showflats that sell my no. to those 'databases'...

Can't say whether it is exclusive to property and car showrooms or not. I haven't been to them in years.

But frankly, your phone number isn't a secret la. SAF already leaked at least 850 tel numbers (and possibly a lot more that they have not realized or disclosed). Uber leaked 400k numbers also. Our data is just floating around in contact lists being sold by spammers to other spammers.

• Praise 1

Can't say whether it is exclusive to property and car showrooms or not. I haven't been to them in years.

But frankly, your phone number isn't a secret la. SAF already leaked at least 850 tel numbers (and possibly a lot more that they have not realized or disclosed). Uber leaked 400k numbers also. Our data is just floating around in contact lists being sold by spammers to other spammers.

yup. i also am resigned to the fact that my no. is floating around already, so can't do anything about it... esp since mata also won't do anything.

confirmed not to property and car showrooms, but I know confirmed property will leak. those agents who called me (even now still sometimes have), knew where i'm staying and will say specifically they have clients interested in the development... I don't see why this doesn't infringe PDPA... and know my name.

• Praise 1

how come i need to borrow money but no sms whatsapp come in leh?

ð¤·ââï¸ð

TS COMPANY

5K=450*12MTH

5K=250*24MTH

10K=900*12MTH

10K=500*24MTH

20K=1800*12MTH

20K=1000*24MTH

50K=4500*12MTH

50K=2500*24MTH

CALL:86197302

Whatsapp:+6583147370

I just received around 11am.

Field report here ok.

- wanted to rent it out

- wanted to sell it

- wanted to sell my HDB

Bingo. 

Avoid giving out your mobile number to participate in lucky draw contests and do not surrender your info to dodgy websites, especially those overseas one.

If it is a Singapore number, i will usually text "On DNC list. Please remove from distribution list immediately or this number will be reported to PDPC" and it stops 99% of the time. I never have to carry out my threat.

Ya that’s what my friend said as well, don’t participate in lucky draws. Even the Motorshow lucky draw he didn’t want to participate n greedy me took his form n filled it up
  • Praise 7

Ya thatâs what my friend said as well, donât participate in lucky draws. Even the Motorshow lucky draw he didnât want to participate n greedy me took his form n filled it upð¬ð

Last month I was at sim lim repairing my laptop. Leaving my phone numbers of course.

Such sms started coming in a week or two after that visit.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If u are on Android phone, install Truecaller app.

In the setting u can tell the app not to notify if the spam is found in their database.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Scoot website also.

Dont ever participate in any of their lucky draw. (Usually after you purchase the ticket, it will pop-up a screen, just "X" and close the pop-up)

KNN, they started to spam my email thru the SAME Marketing company located in Hongkong.

UNSUB already, still continue sending.

Becos it is for different company different products.

The worst thing is, they "Attention" the email to the pax name (example : Ms Tan).

Instead of the Contact person (example : Mr Koh) whom purchased the ticket on behalf.

• Praise 1

Scoot website also.

Dont ever participate in any of their lucky draw. (Usually after you purchase the ticket, it will pop-up a screen, just "X" and close the pop-up)

KNN, they started to spam my email thru the SAME Marketing company located in Hongkong.

The worst thing is, they "Attention" the email to the pax name (example : Ms Tan).

Instead of the Contact person (example : Mr Koh) whom purchased the ticket on behalf.

Wah. SOE also do this kind of stuff?

Luckily never send ah long to you.

Scoot website also.

Don't think that is legal. I was told if u provide personal data for a specific purpose (to buy an air ticket in this case) and they force you to consent to use the information for other purposes, it is against the PDPA regulations. Anyone can confirm?

Don't think that is legal. I was told if u provide personal data for a specific purpose (to buy an air ticket in this case) and they force you to consent to use the information for other purposes, it is against the PDPA regulations. Anyone can confirm?

You might have missed the sentence where he signed up for their lucky draw.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

You might have missed the sentence where he signed up for their lucky draw.

Hi,

Sorry, my bad. 

I DID NOT subscribe to any of their lucky draw.

And they even email Birthday greeting to the Pax that is travelling.

They (advertising company) must have got the info when I key into the system during the flights reservations. 

↡ Advertisement