Avoid Honda for the next few months

Sunlight

Neutral Newbie

Most of the time, the car will be able to start w/o any problem. The real problem is rust and corrosion.

IMHO, car manufacturers will probably salvage whatever they can. Engine and transmission is still usable. Whatever they could not salvage will have to write off.

dont talk so much silly nonsense

they are all 100% scrap.

the cost to strip/salvage/rebuilt far exceeds new part mnf costs

they will all be scrapped melted down and recycled nothing will be reused

I got a friend in TH, jus book a Jazz - they were told it will not be a "Flood-In" car & HONDA cars sold will be covered by full extented warranty, still have to wait until 2012 April to get car.........

Looks like there will be serious shortage of honda cars. Since they have to restart their production and manufacture all their cars from square one!

Guangzhou Honda produces and sell lots of 2011 Honda accords there .....

maybe becos they were all left hand driven cars ......... , shortages of right hand cars maybe ...

In fact Thailand is also left hand drive ..... Thailand should not have a problem with their supplies of LH cars there ........

Spares should not be a problem .............

Any of u guys buy honda spares from China ? Any advice ?

Few days back a Honda Jazz owner sent to ST Forum Page complaining Kah Motor sold him a YOM 2008 in 2010, when he was told it should be YOM 2009. So sometimes we cannot avoid, as AD can "cover up" the actual YOM ?

Guangzhou Honda produces and sell lots of 2011 Honda accords there .....

maybe becos they were all left hand driven cars ......... , shortages of right hand cars maybe ...

In fact Thailand is also left hand drive ..... Thailand should not have a problem with their supplies of LH cars there ........

Spares should not be a problem .............

Any of u guys buy honda spares from China ? Any advice ?

Thailand is right-hand drive lah.

Car dealers will find all sorts of excuses to depressed the car take in price.

The YOM will only matter to those dealers who wish to export the cars overseas.

The same second hand car dealers will sell the Honda locally, stating that the registrationg date is the actual date of the car age!

My jazz also YOM 2008 when I bought it in Aug 2010. But I check the undercarriage, all metals looks rust free and clean and original(not repainted over or polished)/

In fact, it has being trouble free so far(touch wood).

Few days back a Honda Jazz owner sent to ST Forum Page complaining Kah Motor sold him a YOM 2008 in 2010, when he was told it should be YOM 2009. So sometimes we cannot avoid, as AD can "cover up" the actual YOM ?

Have U all forgotten or did not know that................................. ?

Guangzhou Honda produces all the honda accords and civic , city etc too !!!

aiyio even Lexus , chevy , mazda , toyota , suzuki , etc etc ... plenty there lah ......

even the latest VW and Audi are a plenty !!!!! and alot alot cheaper too !!!

also main reason PRC are all Left hand driven .......

Thailand produces not only R/H cars ... i think they should hv L/H for european mkt 2 .....

so how to be sure that all those submerged cars are R/H ones ?????

N/B : China produce engines and all spares are exactly the same tho ...... hmmm ,

maybe those cars submerged in flood waters could be salvaged and replaced with new spares

from China plant ......

Edited by Thinthin

For your info, it is in the front page of Straits Times today. Honda is destroying all these cars.

As I said before, these are needless and silly worries.

For your info, it is in the front page of Straits Times today. Honda is destroying all these cars.

well, there are lots of people that thrive on spreading false info in this forum.

was watching news (not local)yesterday tat Land of Smile is scrapping 1,O52(???) honda cars tat were submerged in water during the flood.

Don't have to worry lah, as long as the Hondas still come from Japan, why is there a need to worry? Btw 2012 Civic is from Japan, thought it's from Thailand... Good news for those hardcore Honda lovers!

post-34788-1326963522_thumb.jpg

Most of the time, the car will be able to start w/o any problem. The real problem is rust and corrosion.

IMHO, car manufacturers will probably salvage whatever they can. Engine and transmission is still usable. Whatever they could not salvage will have to write off.

They did scrap the cars..

post-34788-1326963511_thumb.jpg

post-34788-1326963534_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement