What wrong with MOE???

Ask98

Neutral Newbie

Crazy MOE, [hur]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WE-WANT-to-S...1960353?sk=info

Kindly "Like" it [thumbsup]

The Ministry of Education (MOE) has recently removed Archery from the 2012 MOE Sports Calendar just after 10 short months on the list. What will happen to us Archers? What will happen to those Archers who took up Archery as their CCA in school? Like many of the atheletes of other sports, we work hard, we train hard, we sweat, and all we want to do is to shoot. Why did MOE remove us from the sports calendar? What have we done wrong that made them kick us out? All we had done is practice hard and do our school proud, we fought for our school. Now it seems that all those efforts have gone to waste.

Dear fellow Archers, if you love Archery and would not want it to be removed, please support us by liking the page. Please also help to spread this page to all the fellow Archers who are in Primary/Secondary school, JC or even tertiary levels. If the Archery Association of Singapore (AAS) does not do anything about this, let us tell the MOE. Feel Free to post on the wall of the page about how you feel about this matter. Although we are young, what about those seniors who have helped us in trying to include Archery as a main CCA? All our coaches have tried their very best to contribute to the sport they love by spending the past 16 years of their life trying to make Archery as a main CCA and be put in the Sports Calendar,. But all they have got in return is this? Is this fair to them? All the people whom have tried their very best, all their effort will be in vain. What would happen to the coaches of the many schools?

To those who are non archers, although you are not an Archer but many of you might have friends or family members who love Archery and take them up as a sport. Do you want to see your loved ones give up on the things they love? Please also support us by liking the page.

Our Voice needs to be heard, please help to spread this page to other people. As we need numbers to be able to convince the MOE to re-instate archery into the 2012 School Sports Calendar. Thank you

↡ Advertisement

wat will happen to those youth who represented SG during the 2010 YOG? I remember one of them won a medal. now ask him to go change another sport? [hur]

I think it is quite dangerous, of cos we know it is a 'safe' sports until the 7-16yrs old naughty students get in the equation..

Which sport is considered 'safe'??? How about air rifle?

If afraid that might get injured, then no sport is safe.

Maybe should join a club like the chess club........ [laugh]

My advice is to stick to some mainstream sports that won't ever get banned, then your effort will not be wasted. Try football, badminton, basketball, etc.

Archery, like bridge, fencing, etc. are pretty obscure here. Can get axed anytime...

If I am a minister that these youngsters love to hate, I will also eliminate such deadly sports from the schools.

Don't want to be shot dead while doing a school visit.

Best is the chess and carroms CCA. Or like the aunties who won in the recent seas games in JKT.....playing BRIDGE cards game!!

Take up other shooting sports like pistol or rifle shooting. Fundamentals are pretty much the same.

Nope... Fundamental is totally different. You dun even need perfect eye sight during shooting of arrow to hit the centre.

They should remove using live rounds in Army, I heard they are pretty dangerous as well. They should build overhead bridges or underpass at every road outside the school as well, I heard crossing the road is very dangerous as well.

Unless that is a very good reason (like every every kids start pointing their bow it at everyone else), I don't understand why it has to be removed.

They should remove using live rounds in Army, I heard they are pretty dangerous as well. They should build overhead bridges or underpass at every road outside the school as well, I heard crossing the road is very dangerous as well.

Unless that is a very good reason (like every every kids start pointing their bow it at everyone else), I don't understand why it has to be removed.

[laugh] Like that should shut down all electrical supply to schools 'cos also beri dangerous.. [lipsrsealed][:p]

Neutral Newbie

wat will happen to those youth who represented SG during the 2010 YOG? I remember one of them won a medal. now ask him to go change another sport? [hur]

MOE banned sec 1 -4 inter sch comp, this year they just co- organised with AAS, which 400 odd archers taken part with pride, then OCT'11 say banned, [hur] so next year what the aim for this youth, shoot for fun in school. those YOG archers still can take part outside comp.

Edited by Ask98

Neutral Newbie

Nope... Fundamental is totally different. You dun even need perfect eye sight during shooting of arrow to hit the centre.

i tried my son bow, not that easy [shakehead]

i tried my son bow, not that easy [shakehead]

I agree, i shoot in Genting, only got 4 bull's eye out of 50 arrows :wacko: but it is a really fun sport to try, i don know why they wan to axe it. :angry:

Neutral Newbie

I agree, i shoot in Genting, only got 4 bull's eye out of 50 arrows :wacko: but it is a really fun sport to try, i don know why they wan to axe it. :angry:

so far what i know that some big "F" [sleeping] not happy with someone, hence axe it, but i will find more details n update

knn, my son take up this archery n train 4 day per week for next yr inter sch, now very sad n confuse :wacko:

Edited by Ask98

you seem to be in the know. Do quote the official explanation from MOE here so we have a complete picture. thanks

Maybe it's due to parents complaints ?

I would not be surprised at all given the over protection parents give now threatening to sue schools for almost everything.

Crazy MOE, [hur]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WE-WANT-to-S...1960353?sk=info

Kindly "Like" it [thumbsup]

The Ministry of Education (MOE) has recently removed Archery from the 2012 MOE Sports Calendar just after 10 short months on the list. What will happen to us Archers? What will happen to those Archers who took up Archery as their CCA in school? Like many of the atheletes of other sports, we work hard, we train hard, we sweat, and all we want to do is to shoot. Why did MOE remove us from the sports calendar? What have we done wrong that made them kick us out? All we had done is practice hard and do our school proud, we fought for our school. Now it seems that all those efforts have gone to waste.

Dear fellow Archers, if you love Archery and would not want it to be removed, please support us by liking the page. Please also help to spread this page to all the fellow Archers who are in Primary/Secondary school, JC or even tertiary levels. If the Archery Association of Singapore (AAS) does not do anything about this, let us tell the MOE. Feel Free to post on the wall of the page about how you feel about this matter. Although we are young, what about those seniors who have helped us in trying to include Archery as a main CCA? All our coaches have tried their very best to contribute to the sport they love by spending the past 16 years of their life trying to make Archery as a main CCA and be put in the Sports Calendar,. But all they have got in return is this? Is this fair to them? All the people whom have tried their very best, all their effort will be in vain. What would happen to the coaches of the many schools?

To those who are non archers, although you are not an Archer but many of you might have friends or family members who love Archery and take them up as a sport. Do you want to see your loved ones give up on the things they love? Please also support us by liking the page.

Our Voice needs to be heard, please help to spread this page to other people. As we need numbers to be able to convince the MOE to re-instate archery into the 2012 School Sports Calendar. Thank you

you seem to be in the know. Do quote the official explanation from MOE here so we have a complete picture. thanks

I wish I know too. But I am sure someone will let the dogs out.

Neutral Newbie

Maybe it's due to parents complaints ?

I would not be surprised at all given the over protection parents give now threatening to sue schools for almost everything.

confirmed not parents complaints.

in fact all parents very supportive, if not do u think they will spend $ to buy the set for them kid, spend time fetch here fetch there for training?

wait till i find out more then update, at the meantime pls "like" :wub:

↡ Advertisement