• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
71 replies to this topic | 32 praises

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Majordan
  • Majordan
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

my ride is coming to 2 yrs so wondering if I should change battery or tyres? my prev ride kenna battery die 2 times but that was after 2 yrs close to 3 yrs

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:41 PM

Good-Carbuyer

my ride is coming to 2 yrs so wondering if I should change battery or tyres? my prev ride kenna battery die 2 times but that was after 2 yrs close to 3 yrs

As long as the tire are in roadworthy, your can use them (ever stock used over 6 years). Battery will be case by case.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:44 PM

Cdior
  • Cdior
    Banned

battery ard 2 years if u drive everyday.
i have a car that drive 2 - 3 time per week, battery last 3years +

omg u cant use tyres for 6 years. the rubber already harden. dangerous
1 Anonymous member praised this
400 NM to U!

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

Sky61
  • Sky61
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i change my battery every 2 yrs, same day same interval, regardless of mileage,usage etc...never once did battery fail me for the pass 8yrs of driving. as for tyres, general rule is 40000-50000km but it depends on usage n visual inspection plus feeling while u are driving. if u feel it lose traction more often over wet surfaces and visually the indicators are showing,time to change even if its not yet hit the mileage interval.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:58 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tyres needs to change at least every 40K to 50K depends on the condition and driving habits. Even you seldom drive the car, tyres also cannot used for 6 years la, rubber will harden even you are under usage.

Battery usually last from 1 year plus to 2 year. If your battery already more than 1.5 years, better change before it failed you. Cause sometimes there is no sign in failing battery.
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

My super4 tyres never changed since bought in 2005. Bought car in 2008.
I still ride my super4 bike, leaning in corners and in wet roads.
The Dunlop motorcycle tyres still got good grip. The threads still very deep.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

yes...pls dun change cos, the day you go under a truck, lorry, we all here happy....pls pls dun change

i give u $$$ not to change tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

Jpcc
  • Jpcc
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Any recommendation if car has voltage measurement.
I.e. do we monitor starting voltage, or ongoing...?

stablise at 14.1 or 14.2V .

If on aircon at low temperature, 13.9V

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anything also can save but tyres cannot save, cause it will save your life. rolleyes.gif
When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If you look at the tyres carefully, there will be a lot of hairline cracks now.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Jchuacl
  • Jchuacl
    5th Gear
    Author Image

When the car is running, it's the voltage from the alternator. If you do see any voltage drop below 12V, it's about time to change the alternator.

For battery, when you turn on the key to start the car, check the voltage dip . If it drops below 10V, you need to change the battery immediately. Normally it's best to change battery around every 12-15 months for safety sake.

Any recommendation if car has voltage measurement.
I.e. do we monitor starting voltage, or ongoing...?

stablise at 14.1 or 14.2V .

If on aircon at low temperature, 13.9V

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

Jchuacl
  • Jchuacl
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This is very poor advice.

As long as the tire are in roadworthy, your can use them (ever stock used over 6 years). Battery will be case by case.

Edited by Jchuacl, 28 November 2011 - 08:42 PM.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes...pls dun change cos, the day you go under a truck, lorry, we all here happy....pls pls dun change

How much you sponsor? I double can not? huh.gif
Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

WTF
  • Premium member
    WTF
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Wah good kang tou I also wan! tongue.gif laugh.gif
命里有时终需有,命里无时莫强求

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Good-Carbuyer

battery ard 2 years if u drive everyday.
i have a car that drive 2 - 3 time per week, battery last 3years +

omg u cant use tyres for 6 years. the rubber already harden. dangerous

4 out of 5, one after another, the 6-years+ stock tire on my first car bought brand new, burst (I did not take note of the manufactured date).

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:52 PM

Mazdaowner
  • Mazdaowner
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Here is my take for tires, every tire at the sie wall there is a triangle mark, this mark indicates when to change your tires, when the face of the tire is worn till it almost reaches the apex of the triangle, it is time to have the tire replaced. See attached picture.

BanCoe praised this
Kenny Nia & Georgie Pai are MCF's biggest hypocrites:)
The idiot who do unto others first, is a insecure prick. :D

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

My POSB savings account number is 89-29125-69
Please double up or triple down.
I will go change a new Diablo tyre once I received $$$.
Thanks.

How much you sponsor? I double can not? huh.gif

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

U joking right?
The triangle shows where the wear down marks are on the face of the thread.

If reall as you say.....then all tyres will be botak and yet will not touch the tip of the triangle.

Here is my take for tires, every tire at the sie wall there is a triangle mark, this mark indicates when to change your tires, when the face of the tire is worn till it almost reaches the apex of the triangle, it is time to have the tire replaced. See attached picture.

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whoa, Chik ark sia.

But I suppork. biggrin.gif

Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:50 PM

Jl1500k
  • Premium member
    Jl1500k
    5th Gear
    Author Image

On paper tyres change every 40K or 2 years which ever come first.
For battery is every 2 years usage.
For stock spark plug every 40K

info above is base on paper only, you can drag a little longer to change if you are comfortable with it.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: often, need, change, tyres and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users