Lexus Owners (To share driving experience and advise)

LouislexusGS

hello

just gotten a COE is250

intending to change the shocks as i am probably driving for another 10 years

any bro mind sharing their setup?

You may wanna get a set of coilovers. I'm using Tein Flex Z, made in Japan. About 1.7k from ST Powered for my model (IS200t). You may wanna check with them.
  • Praise 1

You may wanna get a set of coilovers. I'm using Tein Flex Z, made in Japan. About 1.7k from ST Powered for my model (IS200t). You may wanna check with them.

sorry...i shouldve be more clear [laugh]

not looking for anything too sporty/firm...family ride

am looking into tokico/kyb/koni or maybe even sticking to original?

• Praise 1

sorry...i shouldve be more clear [laugh]

not looking for anything too sporty/firm...family ride

am looking into tokico/kyb/koni or maybe even sticking to original?

Oh then stock will be best if you don't intend to lower your car. Try getting a quote from the stockists.

I've used Koni Yellows with stock springs in my previous car, the ride is cmi. You can feel every vibration and the car is bouncy.

Tein Flex Z is very comfortable, very close to my stock. I ferry 80+ year old folks and they didn't notice the difference nor complain about any discomfort.

Oh then stock will be best if you don't intend to lower your car. Try getting a quote from the stockists.

I've used Koni Yellows with stock springs in my previous car, the ride is cmi. You can feel every vibration and the car is bouncy.

Tein Flex Z is very comfortable, very close to my stock. I ferry 80+ year old folks and they didn't notice the difference nor complain about any discomfort.

did u by any chance adjust the konis?

i understand there are adjustable?

did u by any chance adjust the konis?

i understand there are adjustable?

Yep, but it's of no use. I'm of the opinion that aftermarket sports shocks are not compatible with tall stock springs.

I've also used RS-R lowering springs with stock dampers. This one is better. Comfortable and closer to stock feeling with lowered looks, but you're not looking to lower so I guess this is out.

hello

just gotten a COE is250

intending to change the shocks as i am probably driving for another 10 years

any bro mind sharing their setup?

My experience:

KYB OEM style shocks not too expensive. Swift springs excellent for slight lowering and comfort. T005 good tires to have quiet with reasonable performance. Engine gearbox mounts worth replacing for the 'can’t tell engine is running or gear in drive' feel. DI engine so check for valve carbon build up. CD player can jam. Auto box generally reliable, same used in Toyota 86. Lowering final drive ratio livens acceleration significantly. Sticky dashboard and internal plastics check with agent. Exhaust baffles can fail leading to slight sporty sound which many pay lots of money to obtain. For ISF steering feel use ISF steering ECU module, also possible to install OEM weights inside steering wheel standard on later models. alternator can be noisy, electronic noise suppression fails first, followed by inability to charge battery. Adding neg camber in front suspension transforms front end grip.

• Praise 2

Yep, but it's of no use. I'm of the opinion that aftermarket sports shocks are not compatible with tall stock springs.

I've also used RS-R lowering springs with stock dampers. This one is better. Comfortable and closer to stock feeling with lowered looks, but you're not looking to lower so I guess this is out.

oic

yep...i was reading some where that probably need lowered spring to fully utilize koni or sport shock?

that seem abit too much to spend on now [:(]

My experience:

KYB OEM style shocks not too expensive. Swift springs excellent for slight lowering and comfort. T005 good tires to have quiet with reasonable performance. Engine gearbox mounts worth replacing for the 'can’t tell engine is running or gear in drive' feel. DI engine so check for valve carbon build up. CD player can jam. Auto box generally reliable, same used in Toyota 86. Lowering final drive ratio livens acceleration significantly. Sticky dashboard and internal plastics check with agent. Exhaust baffles can fail leading to slight sporty sound which many pay lots of money to obtain. For ISF steering feel use ISF steering ECU module, also possible to install OEM weights inside steering wheel standard on later models. alternator can be noisy, electronic noise suppression fails first, followed by inability to charge battery. Adding neg camber in front suspension transforms front end grip.

yep...am considering kyb now..they are considerably cheaper than original shocks even=\

i have just changed to PS4 tyres

engine n transmission mounting changed as well and they really make a great difference particularly during idling

the mech I went to said that the gasket was a little leaky coz there were some oil when he removed a plastic cover/panel from the bottom..did add that it is very minor and i can probably ignore it for now?

do u think I can do the valve cleaning during gasket change?

anything else i shld be ready to replace during that as well...for me since already opening part of the engine may as well replace whatever wear n tear i can?

how do i change the drive ratio? change 1 of the gear rings?

recently spotted 5yr old ES250 on sgcarmart selling for 13k per year depreciation..

looks cheap enough to give it a try in the future...

The new model is coming out in Q4 and prices of the old model have plummeted. My 3 year old ES is still under warranty and service and cannot fetch more than 140K  [bigcry] No choice but to just drive it. Its a good car, reliable, quiet, a little underpowered but OK for Singapore and exceptional cruiser. Just trying to console myself and stop these terrible temptations of changing into the new model which is really cool looking. :wub:

IS200t 很新, 那 Agent Warranty 会受影响吗 ?

• Praise 1

The new model is coming out in Q4 and prices of the old model have plummeted. My 3 year old ES is still under warranty and service and cannot fetch more than 140K [bigcry] No choice but to just drive it. Its a good car, reliable, quiet, a little underpowered but OK for Singapore and exceptional cruiser. Just trying to console myself and stop these terrible temptations of changing into the new model which is really cool looking. :wub:

Did you get lexus to quote you trade in price. They have many used car dealers on there panel.

Toyotas are reliable. Moreover I'm changing parts that are considered "wear and tear" and not covered under warranty anyway.

If shocks oil leak during warranty period, not cover?

Did you get lexus to quote you trade in price. They have many used car dealers on there panel.

My experience with lexus trade-in is eg. you can sell the car direct for 138k, prepare they will offer you ard 130k (depending mileage).

If the car is less than 5 years old and in good condition, they will normally take in themselves and sell via their used car division. seldom they go thru the used car dealers.

↡ Advertisement