Formerly driving a Merc w212 E300 V6. Changed to Lexus ES250 2014. First thing I noticed is the build quality inside Lexus, felt luxurious. Next is the ride quality. Both cars are fantastic but Lexus is much quieter when cruising at 80 to 90km/h. Power wise, can't make much comparison bcos not in the same cc category. Due to cc and engine wise, E300 is much more powerful. One thing I dislike is the door, E2S50 door don't seem to be as soild as E300 when closing, the japanese door seems too light and seems like I am slamming the door while closing it.
I went to C&C last month. Bloody sales was so stuck up and slamming the Lexus ES250. Not to her knowledge, I did sound proofing for all doors and the boot and also install the Rewind tube in door seals. Everything sound so good with the installation. Only power loose to the E200 and of cos not to mention the 300.
Actually, I wonder if we really need so much of the power cos my elder is driving the E250, space wise also loose out.
Can actually invite our Bros over here to discuss what is good cos I donno if I should change with my CO thinking a Merc is a Merc. Care to discuss?
1. Power - Merc up, LX down
2. Interior - Some say Merc up some say LX down, actually I like my current interior better
3. Space - LX up, Merc down
4. RWD - I see no difference
5. Solid feel - My sound proofing I feel is fantastic
6. Handling - LX has a soft touch, Merc has that sporty feel but I am for comfort and smooth ride
7. Engine - LX, quiet and smooth with NA. Merc rather rough with the turbo and not as quiet
8. Doors, seat controls and seat belt - the function is great for Merc and LX only basic
9. Dashboard - I like the LX's optitron meter than the Merc digital panel. Individual
10. Price - Another 40k at least.
11. Reliability - my ES till now is only just drive and service, I donno about Merc
12, Looks - I never feel LX looks inferior, somehow I donno what other feels
13. Petrol consumption - I get 10.5 km/Litre on my Avg Meter, but Merc claims better mileage, I don't care cos my mileage very low
Wonder all other bros can chip in. I also pondering if I should and want to change at any point of time. Thus exploring.....
Did an ECU Tune at BMS last week. Here's the Dyno chart:
Injen Open Pod Intake, TRD Axleback Exhaust, Esso Ron98, 265/35/R18 rear tyres as Baseline.
Figures rounded up/down to nearest 1th.
Assuming 20% drivetrain efficiency loss to the rear wheels, it's
Baseline with Tom's Power Box
1) With open pod and straight through exhaust, figures were lower than manufacturer spec.
2) Tom's Power box resulted in lower peak horsepower but had better torque in the low end which was felt in my daily drives.
3) Not much horsepower gains for a "Stage 1" type of tune compares to those VAG cars, but torque is fairly noticeable although I had hoped for a better figure. Then again, a friend who had his car tuned and dynoed at another workshop went to do a baseline at BMS and result was 70horsepower less.
You more experienced, can my ES be tuned to pick up faster? How much spent for how much extra torque? I assume HP is for higher speed and Torque is for pick up. Correct me if I am wrong