Now Giant's turn to offer Mobil 1 engine oil!

Fcw75

Hmm.....bought 12 bottles at Shop And Save afew weeks ago. After seeing this thread, immediately went to Tampines Giant to purchase 8 more bottles.

Anyway, saw the 0W-30 ones and only afew left so quickly grab but alamak after I did a scan realised that these are not on offer and still selling at $20/- plus. Therefore, quickly put them back on the shelves and grabbed the 5W-30 ones.

:wacko:

The Advanced Fuel Economy AFE green cap bottle 0W-20 and 0W-30 no offer.

Bought a a dozen quart 0W40 just now at sembawang, still left quite a lot of 30/40 rating, no more 50. Thought 50 only use for turbo charge cars. Giant tie up with Citibank, spend $120 still can get $12 discount voucher for next purchase & 2% cash rebate

Edited by Amazon777

You mean Giant in Malaysia? Think you can go yourself.

you know where is Kedah anot?...

you know who to ask your questions to anot?...

i guess you enjoy making a fool of yourself right?..

btw Bangkok also got Mobil 25w/80 oil damn good... 100bhat for 4liters... MBK 3rd floor... dont tell too many ppl...

So go Genting must us 5W50??? No wonder last week i parked my car at genting for 4 day...going home time cannot start...battery new one somemore..less then a month old...i thot battery kena kapo liao...

pls dont talk c--k and mislead ppl... go google on engine oil vocosity...

read many more info for you knowledge so may you many more smarter. good luck!

The Advanced Fuel Economy AFE green cap bottle 0W-20 and 0W-30 no offer.

Dont have 0W-20. 0W-30 have but not on offer. I went around 6 plus, left abit 5W-30 but alot 0W-40 and 10W-30 or 40.

Bought a a dozen quart 0W40 just now at sembawang, still left quite a lot of 30/40 rating, no more 50. Thought 50 only use for turbo charge cars. Giant tie up with Citibank, spend $120 still can get $12 discount voucher for next purchase & 2% cash rebate

Blur with all the ratings.... Bro can advise 0W40 rating suitable for what car? New or old engine?

Blur with all the ratings.... Bro can advise 0W40 rating suitable for what car? New or old engine?

0W40 should be normal rating for all cars. I buy it coz driving Bimmer which is more than 5yrs old already, and the 0W40 bottle has the BMW LL01 tag behind to denote approved BMW long life oil rating. Those 30/50 rating did not indicate the BMW LL01 behind, so for me quite clear cut what to buy. My understanding is buy 30 if you want better fuel economy and 50 for turbo-charge or older cars

Edited by Amazon777

The safest is to check your car manual for the recommended grade. The higher the grade, the more petrol your car will consume but engine will be quieter and more protected. Look at the rating after the "W" as the number before it is for winter grade which do not apply here. The higher the grade, the thicker the oil.

On the 0w40 bottle it says in front "European Car Formula".

On the back it says recommended for replacement of MB oil, BMW LL oil, Porsche oil, etc etc

My original plan was there to buy Mobil1 but ended up with Schnell. Schnell is now $22.99/4L down from 28.99. Grabbed 4 bottles.