2012 Hyundai Azera

Wubb

Just back from Korea. Actually,their line up already way overtook many Japanese make. Even our Honda accord and Mazda 6 lose out to them in terms of design and engine performance.if so many cars are Hyundai and Kia in Korea,their car should be good.

The 2012 Azera was already running in numbers in Korea.

In Korea, the i45 (Sonata) is just their small-mid sized range sedan.

The Azera (Grandeur) is closer to a mid-full size sedan category and beyond that, their performance sedan, the Genesis and Genesis coupe and their luxury model the Equus.

Azera, Genesis and Equus are very very nice cars that are not available here in Singapore.

For the price of an entry level BMW 3 series (4pot), you should be able to get a 5litre V8 429bhp Equus if parallel importers or Komoco brings the Equus in. For me, choosing the Equus over a 320i is a no brainer.

Edited by Civicblade
  • Praise 1

Samsung - Renault....the third largest auto manufacturer in South Korea after Hyundai and Kia.

Hyundai and Kia is actually one company. Kia is majority owned by Hyundai but they have separate design, manufacturing, marketing and sales functions.

In 2014, there will be one more Korean competition. Guess what Korean car brand to be exported next?

The 2012 Azera was already running in numbers in Korea.

In Korea, the i45 (Sonata) is just their small-mid sized range sedan.

The Azera (Grandeur) is closer to a mid-full size sedan category and beyond that, their performance sedan, the Genesis and Genesis coupe and their luxury model the Equus.

Azera, Genesis and Equus are very very nice cars that are not available here in Singapore.

For the price of an entry level BMW 3 series (4pot), you should be able to get a 5litre V8 429bhp Equus if parallel importers or Komoco brings the Equus in. For me, choosing the Equus over a 320i is a no brainer.

5 litre road tax also is no brainer :o

3.3L is too big for a korean car. there's still a psychological barrier for buyers when it comes to korean cars.

if this model is launched in 2.4 guise, it'll definitely perform better.

3.3L is too big for a korean car. there's still a psychological barrier for buyers when it comes to korean cars.

if this model is launched in 2.4 guise, it'll definitely perform better.

If this is really a good car and quality can last, also no need to buy new. Just buy second hand because of its high depreciation and low 2nd hand value, see Sgcarmart http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...575&DL=1000 2006 car only selling for 38K with OMV 27K.

Now - who will buy new?

• Praise 1

the rear looks alot like Jaguar XF!

nice design.. best at 'stealing' and re-shaping other's designs

it wont make it to singapore as people who can afford the 3.3 roadtax will go for Contis, or top-end Japs

• Praise 1