$1.55 mirrion HDeeBee!!! Finally!!! HDB Valuation@$1.32 mirr

Mockngbrd

in the current market, the possibility of someone forking out $1.55m to buy a flat at Shunfu is as likely as Norwich winning the PL title this season

if i from indonesia, and i am PR, and i got money i wan to launder, i dun care! i just dump it in

↡ Advertisement

my uncle stay in bishan 4A house damn big like almost similar to new flat executive, bought at $90k, top floor...pple offer near 600k he dun 1 sell.

tink shd ask him hold out for $700k..haha.

know of a couple who sold a 5rm (new blocks behind eunos mrt) for 700k! [nosebleed]

i find the HDB and its BTO system flawed.

many things also flawed, eg Pri Sch Entry ...

but then again, no one is perfect ... [laugh]

Edited by Wasted

you see everyone does try to get into a politcally correct position is understandable. but at times you have to disappoint people to get things done correctly. LKY was never bashful about his approach not being pleasing to people. so i don't see what's wrong with saying that expensive flats can be open to people who can afford it financially without depriving the lower income people. opening up to a bigger group to ballot doesn't mean the majority of people who are lower income are deprived. it all depends on how the administrators put the message across to people

a lot of people just tikum tikum and decide only when they are given the chance. the way i see it, is no cost to them but waste of public servant's time doing all these paperwork for people that changed their mind. that's why i say open it up to bigger group including people with slightly higher income so that there aren't endless rounds of invitation to select only for people to back out of it.

yes. but LKY have the luxurity to do that as most of him exponent are already [lipsrsealed]

the current regime?? highly doubt so. [grin]

flawed is just my choice of word to underhype my view of their system. their system is severely flawed as i have pointed out many times in other thread.

so don't take it that just because i am complaining about minor flaws, then it means i am looking for a perfect system.

being a pragmatist myself, i would never have expected a perfect system. But i do expect something much better thought out and executed than the current one.

yes. but LKY have the luxurity to do that as most of him exponent are already [lipsrsealed]

the current regime?? highly doubt so. [grin]

well, it is not because it cannot be done. it is only the current people don't have the skills to do it. change the current people is better option.

valuation mah... undefined and based on logical and sound explanation nia.. knn.. i also can say i value my flat how much...ironically.. i value mine about 300-350k... but hdb value it >400k [laugh]

hence, to me... valuation is just another tool to control price of public housing and create more debts nia... [;)]

No la, there are a few methods of valuation, mainly the comparison method and the DCF method, cannot anyhow one especially if you are doing valuation under HDB panel, but private property more leeway, usuallly as long as someone buys at that price means can match....

He will tell you. he is only interested in affordable BTO for first timer.

He'll also telling you that "It is a Free Market as Demand & Supply" which our gahment can't control anyone to purchase at what price !

He paid S$8.00 for his heart by-pass surgery where others chooses to paid more than he wishes ! Really not their fault, is the people's fault to decide how much to pay ? COE shot up unreasonably high and yet people's are still buying the 10 years term car ownership, who forces who about the price hike ? :wacko:

well, it is not because it cannot be done. it is only the current people don't have the skills to do it. change the current people is better option.

so we need another LKY again??? :o

so we need another LKY again??? :o

why are you all so rigid in thinking. we need someone with that aspect of the skills that LKY has, doesn't mean we need an exact copy of LKY.

why are you all so rigid in thinking. we need someone with that aspect of the skills that LKY has, doesn't mean we need an exact copy of LKY.

His infamous bulldoze dominative style is a fear factor to his own cronies and opponents, if you mentioned Political Skills, I can only recall Nelson Mandela whom successfully resolved SA racist riots that had caused fighting chaos within their own people's.

His infamous bulldoze dominative style is a fear factor to his own cronies and opponents, if you mentioned Political Skills, I can only recall Nelson Mandela whom successfully resolved SA racist riots that had caused fighting chaos within their own people's.

i don't need a top grade politician to implement the HDB policy i am talking about. Just someone that are more convincing and not just stick to populist policy.

What is flawed about primary school entry?

There are three things that I think need "tweaking" but fundamentally the system is fairly sound

1. Children of oldboys / girls get preference

2. Volunteer preference for P1 registration - good goals, but people volunteering for a school their kid doesn't yet attend is weird

3. GRL scheme - this is more a criticism of the Residents' Committee than the school - people shouldn''t need to be bribed to join...

i don't need a top grade politician to implement the HDB policy i am talking about. Just someone that are more convincing and not just stick to populist policy.

No one dare to challenge his hardcore perspectives, a small country with zero natural resourses, yet need to feed numerous ministars in the cabinet with their highest salaries in this planet, thus you'll see fellow leaders turns to cronies toeing his lines rather to go against the lightning strike and strong flowing tide.

Like many other countries around us, they're having sound preventive measures to stop non-citizens to speculate public housing and land, their peoples feels proud for their good people's leaders working in the high office.

Does not need a rocket scientist to do these job, but a leader with a warm heart for his own peoples will perform.

in short, you mention no one :huh:

in short, you mention no one :huh:

well if i am in the position to choose obviously i will take the effort to look for one and name one.

if i am not in the position, why should i just name one for the sake of naming?

No one dare to challenge his hardcore perspectives, a small country with zero natural resourses, yet need to feed numerous ministars in the cabinet with their highest salaries in this planet, thus you'll see fellow leaders turns to cronies toeing his lines rather to go against the lightning strike and strong flowing tide.

Like many other countries around us, they're having sound preventive measures to stop non-citizens to speculate public housing and land, their peoples feels proud for their good people's leaders working in the high office.

Does not need a rocket scientist to do these job, but a leader with a warm heart for his own peoples will perform.

in short people just want to do a job that lets them receive the least criticism. they do not necessarily want to carry out a more effective and efficient job.

↡ Advertisement