Your very first car.....

Vega

Turbocharged

As compared to your subsequent rides, do you spent more in term of money and effort to up keep it?

Subsequent rides are more "been there, done that" mentality, thats didnt spend so much effort.

↡ Advertisement

As compared to your subsequent rides, do you spent more in term of money and effort to up keep it?

Subsequent rides are more "been there, done that" mentality, thats didnt spend so much effort.

First was a coe car

Can't really compare also

Many old timer here........I owned 10 cars over the years........My first car is a 1978 years old Madza 323 hatchback....I got it when it is into it 18 years COE period...meaning left 2 more years to 20 years for scrap yard....how to compare?

Not really. Then again, cannot really compare, because my first car, which I still have today, is an old 1994 Mazda 323 which has absolutely no more resale value (thankfully it is in HK so no COE or lifespan expiry), so I only spend on what is necessary to keep the engine and mechanical parts in good condition. Absolutely nothing spent on dressing up either the exterior or interior or grooming it - indeed it is one of the dirtiest-looking cars around my area.

My second car still has considerable resale value so I spend a lot more on grooming and servicing it. I suppose how much one spends on a car will be determined by what you expect of it, whether it is your passion or just a means of transport and how long you intend to keep it or whether you are concerned about the resale value).

MY first car was a 8 yr old Nissan Sunny bought at $25k together with my then gf, now my wife. It would always hold fond memories, learnt how to restart an auto car on the move (it would stall on turning/slowing), then it went "galloping" on the day after my wedding (faulty spark cables!). Traded in for a brand new Honda City [rolleyes] after a marvellous run up and down Genting on leaking brake system that requires daily top up! [:(]

Edited by Mach23

Many old timer here........I owned 10 cars over the years........My first car is a 1978 years old Madza 323 hatchback....I got it when it is into it 18 years COE period...meaning left 2 more years to 20 years for scrap yard....how to compare?

I had the 79 323 in 1995..... repainted it in bright red, put in an ex-race 1.4 engine.... was forever trying to chase other newer and bigger cars on CTE... but always failed :D

My first car was a 1988 Dahaitsu Charade 1.0CX (bought in 1997) and second car was a 1982 Nissan Sunny 1.3 GL (bought in 1998). The third was a 1991 Nissan Presea which I drove from year 2001 to 2011.

I like Nissan cars, they are cheap-good!

My first car was a Rover 220 TC, drove from 1996 till 2003, was a nice car to drive except for the high cost of maintenance but still last me many years, even with so many mods done. Scrapped becos of gearbox chui. Present Civic still serving me well for coming 8yrs, no major maintenance yet.

first car Hyundai coup, cat eye. $88888.

due to first car, crazy abt mod, also was young. spent almost 15k doing up the performance.

now i wont even spend money to change air filter.

My first car was a Rover 220 TC, drove from 1996 till 2003, was a nice car to drive except for the high cost of maintenance but still last me many years, even with so many mods done. Scrapped becos of gearbox chui. Present Civic still serving me well for coming 8yrs, no major maintenance yet.

rover 220 TC was my second car, love it! but maintenance very high. sold also because gearbox gonna spoil. lol

NEVER NEVER buy a new car as a first car.

Firstly you would most likely ding it.

Secondly until you drive regularly you wont really know what you want. You wouldnt want to marry your first girlfd would you? [:)]

NEVER NEVER buy a new car as a first car.

Firstly you would most likely ding it.

Secondly until you drive regularly you wont really know what you want. You wouldnt want to marry your first girlfd would you? [:)]

I bought a new car for my first. Yes, the first scratch is [bigcry] . I couldn't sleep that night....

Turbocharged

Normally, first ride you own be it brand new or used, the owners will pamper it more just like the arrival of a new born to the family. Being the first car, most will have little experience on mod or maintenace and most likely willing to spend more to try new things.

Turbocharged

I bought a new car for my first. Yes, the first scratch is [bigcry] . I couldn't sleep that night....

My first ride which i spared no effort to maintain it was crashed by my wife the very first day i landed in USA. Can you imagine how i feel thru out that entire 10 days trip. [laugh]

Mine was a 1985 Nissan March and nice VRN as well ..... SBB 5252 ... I bot it in 1990 ... my first car

Changed to Monroe Stocks, 4 to 1 extractors, exhaust ..... but accident car .... accident spot start to rust after 1 year. Lack of experience as buying first car, dealer was at Ajunied Used Car - Y__ L___ S___. I still remember name of the dealer. But only got myself to be blamed ... first car kan cheong spider ... did not check the car and bot an accident car. But sold the car after driving for 2 years.

Neutral Newbie

My first car was the MK 3 swift Gti, very nice and fun car to drive and very nice VRN of 2244. Previous owners has done alot and I simply just drive. Subequent change to DC5, SE3P and now current FD2R. Still remember fondly of my 6 years ago Gti and DC5...

Edited by Ossy77
↡ Advertisement