VW Jetta Reviews and Users

HP_Lee

Good Or Bad  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Voting

• Good
    • Bad

I will be getting my jetta in coming OCT 2012.... but i kinda of worry.... too much negative comment rather than positive.

Feel to cancel order, but deposit will be down the drain... [bigcry]

Just been to VW forum. 132 pages of forum on Juddering in 1 year of posting! I think this is inherent problem, shouldn't VW fix this since its all under warranty?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I will be getting my jetta in coming OCT 2012.... but i kinda of worry.... too much negative comment rather than positive.

Feel to cancel order, but deposit will be down the drain... [bigcry]

Will the coming Lemon Law help you??

Just been to VW forum. 132 pages of forum on Juddering in 1 year of posting! I think this is inherent problem, shouldn't VW fix this since its all under warranty?

VW dont even know where is the root of the problem. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

what is Juddering?

In simple words...it's like in a manual car, u upshift gear too early and car not enough power so start to vibrate....

Supersonic

Is it true that only the 7-sp DSG is problematic?

Lol, i still dont believe 7 speed DSG problematic. Since there are so many VW running on the road!? :D

Neutral Newbie

Yes, VW will attempt to fix the juddering problem since it's under warranty but problem is they don't have a permanent solution so whatever they do is just a temp solution and the juddering WILL come back. VCS follow the following steps to resolve juddering problem: adaptation (reset gearbox)->change clutch pack->change whole gearbox.

Having owned a MK5 Jetta sports and driven a friend's MK6 Jetta sports, this is a simple review of the car for those wanting to buy:

Handling: MK5 better because base on golf

Power: both very quick off the line, although not really in the league of evos and other sports car la

Interior: MK5 better, having owned the MK5, i was quite disappointed to see the MK6's interior.

Realiability: 2 years of ownership without much problems with the car except experienced the dreaded juddering, VCS reset gearbox software to no effect so changed clutch pack (rumoured to be a more durable clutch pack brought in in Jan'12) foc....now no more juddering but fingers crossed it'll stay that way after another 10k

After sales: this is where most VW owners complain about, it's practically non existent even with the opening of the new service centre in the east. They simply cannot cope with the increased volume of sales. Change engine oil need 1 whole day (9am to 7pm), my clutch change took 4.5 days vs the promised 3 days. Telephone calls to aftersales dept were never answered and any feedback via telephone or email are ignored. When they say will get back to you on issues you highlighted, they don't.

Overall the Jetta is a great car to drive compared to MIJ or MIK cars (owned a Toyota and Hyundai before) with it's pretty generous accessories and top of the range BHP, although you should keep your expectations in check regarding the 7 spd dsg and the aftersales services. The juddering will definately come when your car does about 8-12k and so far there seems to be no cure, the said new clutch pack remains to be seen if it really does work. MU (machiam the ecu for gearbox) up the lorry also quite common although VCS say only affect pre 2010 batches, I have seen post 2010 cars kena but not as common as juddering problem. Aftersales is as I mentioned about so please don't compare with MIJ or MIK ADs. Nowadays any of my friends ask if they should get a VW, i'll just tell them to wait till the aftersales improve and they find a permanent solution to the 7 speed dsg problem. Paiseh abit draggy but i hope the above helps...

Neutral Newbie

Is it true that only the 7-sp DSG is problematic?

Not to say 6 spd is problem free but it seems to be more durable compared to the 7 spd. Also for guys who mod, do note that the 7 spd's factory torque limit is 250nm, stock for sports is already 240nm. All the stage 1 mods i've seen are definately more than 250nm so it's modding to the risk of your gearbox.

Neutral Newbie

Lol, i still dont believe 7 speed DSG problematic. Since there are so many VW running on the road!? :D

haha, good sales doesn't equal problem free la...u free go check out comments of existing owners of VW with the 7 spd dsg in VW forum then you'll get what i mean. Think i've seen links to the forum posted somewhere here earlier.

Neutral Newbie

Hi I am going to Genting & kl on end of this month,so I am confused on which car to rent weather Jetta 1.4tsi or vezel?i need some advice on which car is powerful to go up Genting and of course the speeding in the Malaysia expressway and last but not least,the corner in high speed..advice pls Tks

(edited)

Hi I am going to Genting & kl on end of this month,so I am confused on which car to rent weather Jetta 1.4tsi or vezel?i need some advice on which car is powerful to go up Genting and of course the speeding in the Malaysia expressway and last but not least,the corner in high speed..advice pls Tks

For speed, both will do. How fast will you be travelling. 

I would advise you to drive safe not to take corner in high speed. Even if I tell you that Jetta could take corner well.

All in all. both cars are equally well.

One "Mini" SUV or crossover and another a Sedan. How do you want to compare.

You are telling me to compare between Orange and Apple. Fruit will be good for your health.

don't try to learn from this driver.

Edited by Archon

Supersonic

Which suit your needs, sedan or SUV?

Since u mention corners, then the answer is obvious. Jetta

For me is confirm a Jetta