New Subaru XV

Rezorn86

Some girls they do like to drive manual because they prefer the "better control" feeling. I got to agree with this. No automatics, even DSG can deliver the kind of connection feeling a manual can give. Worse is, auto makes a person lazy. Why I say so? Because most cars, which are auto these days, the drivers are so lazy to even signal!!

But all in all, back to the main topic. I am very disappointed by the fact that Subaru, which is suppose to be a very entertaining drive, decides not to bring in any manual transmission. Wonder what is MI thinking...

↡ Advertisement

Some girls they do like to drive manual because they prefer the "better control" feeling. I got to agree with this. No automatics, even DSG can deliver the kind of connection feeling a manual can give. Worse is, auto makes a person lazy. Why I say so? Because most cars, which are auto these days, the drivers are so lazy to even signal!!

But all in all, back to the main topic. I am very disappointed by the fact that Subaru, which is suppose to be a very entertaining drive, decides not to bring in any manual transmission. Wonder what is MI thinking...

All dealers always claim no demand. [laugh]

When you or a group request for manual indent import, they will also refuse.

I am also a supporter of manual car. Too bad most car sold locally are auto only.

But the main point I cannot buy manual car even if available here becuase CO licence is 3A [:/]

not only in Singapore, all over the world good equiped cars are auto, only basic equiped cars c/w manual, same category car you want manual, have to sacrifice performance, luxuary, etc

too bad [bigcry]

I am also a supporter of manual car. Too bad most car sold locally are auto only.

But the main point I cannot buy manual car even if available here becuase CO licence is 3A [:/]

Lol, then you buy 2 cars la, one auto and one manual. :D

Lol, then you buy 2 cars la, one auto and one manual. :D

I am living in Sillypore where a pcs of paper is more ex than car else where. Not living in US or Europe.

And I am not T2 <_<

not only in Singapore, all over the world good equiped cars are auto, only basic equiped cars c/w manual, same category car you want manual, have to sacrifice performance, luxuary, etc

too bad [bigcry]

I don't like good equipment cars. I like cars that have all the basic needs (i.e. power windows, mirrors, radio, air con, ABS) I can fully use and that is good enough. Luxury cars with all those equipments, I wonder if those owners actually ever fully utilised them. More electronic parts, more problem and also equates to a more stupid and lazy driver. More mechanical parts, less problem and more awake and skillful driver. The rest are rubbish. [grin]

Civic Type R is one with all the needs I wanted. In fact, cars in the 90s are seriously the best of the lot.

All dealers always claim no demand. [laugh]

When you or a group request for manual indent import, they will also refuse.

You are right. Who says no demand right? There are always a small bunch who support manual.

Edited by Heartbreakid

I don't like good equipment cars. I like cars that have all the basic needs (i.e. power windows, mirrors, radio, air con, ABS) I can fully use and that is good enough. Luxury cars with all those equipments, I wonder if those owners actually ever fully utilised them. More electronic parts, more problem and also equates to a more stupid and lazy driver. More mechanical parts, less problem and more awake and skillful driver. The rest are rubbish. [grin]

Civic Type R is one with all the needs I wanted. In fact, cars in the 90s are seriously the best of the lot.

You are right. Who says no demand right? There are always a small bunch who support manual.

I do agree your point, Manual carcome with basic function and same as auto car's engine performance and safety functions, it's enough,

I am one of the few who find that It is far easier to drive a manual in gridlocked traffic than a auto tranny. I just don't understand how others can feel leg cramp. In fact, auto will leave your right leg super tired and cramped as you need to use it to hold the brake to prevent it from moving, then when you need to creep forward, you can't release all also, you still need to modulate the brake pressure to control the creep........ Everything is right leg control. For manual, at least left and right is evenly used.

I was driving a manual tranny Forester (SF5) when I was stationed in Jakarta many years ago. One of the only ten units sold in country, as I was informed.

when in traffic jam, I could shift it into low range (it had dual range gb) and leave it in gear 1 for slow crawl. Sometimes the crawl speed matches the traffic and I don't even need to use any foot pedals LOL

to give an idea of the traffic jam: in the mornings, traffic is clear (cos heading fm home to office, which is out of the CBD) and takes 15-20min. But evening traffic heading home is a killer... often takes 2hrs+.

Very true, i also contented with cars that have basic features, no need to have fancy and high tech features. Cause dont think i will use them. Same theory like handphone, no need too high end phone. Lol. Edited by 13177

hmm.. servicing of timing belt for a new car? i thought usually timing belt is like 60k onwards?

What you say is quite true, but this is the story I've heard. I suspect it has got to be 70% true.

I think MI should seriously send their mechanics to Fuji Heavy Industries training,

otherwise Subaru reputation gone

I think all authorized dealers are crap. My personal experience with C&C.

I got a 2nd hand MB that's just a year old. So I've still have warranty.

After a while the car feels lethargic. I suspect the O2 or MAF is dying. But all C&C does is just plug in the diagnostic computer and say it got NO PROBLEM. WTF? Why can't they just swap the O2 and MAF and TRY?! I gave up arguing with them and wait for the O2 or MAF to fail.

After 2 weeks the check engine light came up and THEN they swap the O2 according the the diagnostic computer.

Now I'm just waiting for the warranty to be over.

MI ah, MI. I kena them once for the 1st service of my previous wrx and that was enough. Front brake dust cover also dunno how to secure properly. After that I fook the warranty and took it outside.

Even if sgp got no more Subaru workshops also I'd rather drive to Johor or KL to service than go to MI.

They should change name to CMI.

haha. nowadays there is Auto licence only? i am really outdated now!

• Praise 1

haha. nowadays there is Auto licence only? i am really outdated now!

Bro, you are really don't know or pretending [laugh][laugh]

Singapore started 3A about 10 years, USA about 20 years already

very easy, just practice few times on battery car enough to pass the TP test :D

Update:

My car gear box has been sent to Japan for further analysis. I was told new one will be replaced.

Still waiting now...

tks for updating,

your gearbox is Subaru the latest Lineartronic CVT?

Btw, what car does MI provide you for temporary driving?

tks for updating,

your gearbox is Subaru the latest Lineartronic CVT?

Btw, what car does MI provide you for temporary driving?

Yes, it is lineartronic CVT.

It is sedan Impeza 1.6L. Personally feel that the driving experience is not good as XV.

Update:

Finally I got my car after a month plus of waiting.....

Thanks for the manager who had briefed us through the car issues when we collected the car yesterday.

- The transmission gearbox (from Japan) has been replaced.

- There are few items have been replaced too (out of goodwill from the manager)

But there are few queries pending for clarification:

- The problem of the stalled engine has not been identified yet.

- Warranty of the new transmission gearbox (hope to gain some confidence from this car after installation of those new parts)

- Others...