To those driving manual cars

Vega

Turbocharged

While waiting at the traffic to turn green, do you have the habit to blow your exos like every few seconds?

↡ Advertisement

While waiting at the traffic to turn green, do you have the habit to blow your exos like every few seconds?

Think you only need to do that if your idling rpm is too low and almost stall?

Turbocharged

Nope, what happen ?

Nothing happen but I notice some drivers have this habit. Just curious to know the reason behind this. I drive a auto btw. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Erh no, I can't think of a good reason to do so.

Only two good reasons to do so are:

1) Race cams fitted and the idling is uneven.

2) Driver has nerve issue or cramp on right foot =)

Cheers

if you can hear the exhaust of car next to you, it probably has a modified exhaust.

if the car has a modified exhaust that loud, chances are it has extensive modifications.

if it has extensive modifications, chances are it has received work on the cams and fuel management.

that's why you hear the revving. it's not done on purpose. [laugh]

modern car designs shut off engine when car stops and idles, you are the primitive man who blow the exhaust :D:D

Nothing happen but I notice some drivers have this habit. Just curious to know the reason behind this. I drive a auto btw. [:)]

if the engine is out of tune and idles unevenly / misfires (not the racing cams kind of uneven idling), i have to rev the engine at red light to prevent engine from stalling... [:(]

The only time when I rev at a junction is on a slope. Waiting time is minimal so just half clutch and rev rev a bit as car rolls back. Light turn green then just move off.