• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
32 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Yoshi_sx
  • Yoshi_sx
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi! I realised used cars now have SKB, SKC....new registration plates. Is it because they bought a new 10 year COE or they just prefer new number? They can still use the old number that came with the car right?

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:59 PM

Picanto
the previos owner retain the plate number of the car that he sold

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:01 PM

D3badge
  • D3badge
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi! I realised used cars now have SKB, SKC....new registration plates. Is it because they bought a new 10 year COE or they just prefer new number? They can still use the old number that came with the car right?

car population grew very fast last few years, thus u now can see many "bid" number plate on the road. thus if owner sell car wanna retain number the "used car" will have new number lor

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:50 PM

Robin
  • Premium member
    Robin
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

retain number/transferred old plate to new car
did that too
didnt want ppl to know i buy new car tongue.gif

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Nojoke123
  • Premium member
    Nojoke123
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

retain number/transferred old plate to new car
did that too
didnt want ppl to know i buy new car tongue.gif

how much to pay for this ?

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:02 PM

Vincesphrth
  • Vincesphrth
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

how much to pay for this ?

For new Car purchase, it's $100 to retain number.

For used car, it's quite ex.

Edited by Vincesphrth, 20 December 2011 - 10:04 PM.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:10 PM

Weewee1976
  • Premium member
    Weewee1976
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For new Car purchase, it's $100 to retain number.

For used car, it's quite ex.

Used car should be $1k.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:08 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

$1300 for used car

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

Jkl78
  • Jkl78
    4th Gear
    Author Image

$1300 for used car

I also did that when i bought a used car sweatdrop.gif as this no. is meaningful to me.

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

Camrytron
  • Premium member
    Camrytron
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I also did that when i bought a used car sweatdrop.gif as this no. is meaningful to me.

my is a auspicious no. + 20yrs number plate..must keep must keep

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

Robin
  • Premium member
    Robin
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

if buy new car and transfer old number to new car then about $100 only tongue.gif

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:11 AM

MrolexB
  • MrolexB
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

retain plate to used car $1.3k only ? Tot need to have both cars under owner's name then trf etc ...

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

MrolexB
  • MrolexB
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

some old cars bid for new plate because the new alphabet could be meaningful to them.

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:26 AM

Shox87
  • Premium member
    Shox87
    5th Gear
    Author Image

1.3k to transfer the existing number plate to a 2nd hand car.

100 bucks to that for a new car.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:54 AM

Des_k
  • Des_k
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

I looking for a 2nd hand car and I am bidding for a new register number. Beside the bidding cost which is $1300++, what else do i have to pay for if i managed to get the 2nd hand car and register the new bidded number for the 2nd hand car

Regards
Desmond

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:55 AM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

retain plate to used car $1.3k only ? Tot need to have both cars under owner's name then trf etc ...

The dealer will register the used car under your name first, do the VRN transfer from your existing car to the used car, and then transfer your name out of the existing car. This applies if you want to retain your VRN from existing car to be transferred to a 2nd car that you will be buying.

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:17 PM

Naruto13
  • Premium member
    Naruto13
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

I looking for a 2nd hand car and I am bidding for a new register number. Beside the bidding cost which is $1300++, what else do i have to pay for if i managed to get the 2nd hand car and register the new bidded number for the 2nd hand car

Regards
Desmond

$300 before GST for a new(fresh from LTA) number to existing car.

http://www.onemotori...ile.tmp/R06.pdf

"being the successful bidder of vehicle registration number"
"*I / We agree to pay the prescribed fee of $300 (before GST)."

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Iamrichardhutsetau
  • Iamrichardhutsetau
    1st Gear
    Author Image

is the previous owner retain his car plate, then you have to get a new number.

Posted 30 December 2011 - 06:46 PM

Refresher76
  • Refresher76
    Banned

I retained my 30 year old number plate. My SKB number plate is transfer to my old car.
每個人應該熱愛動物,因為它們很好吃 !

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:02 PM

Gwensilvz
  • Gwensilvz
    1st Gear
    Author Image

what if I just bought a second hand car and wish to get a new one? The previous owner did not retain the number. Must I bid for a new one or just can register and let lta select?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Used, Car, Have, Registration and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users