Who bought SMRT's shares?

AhJason

Bot long ago but didnt sell all when it tumbled.

Now LL holding with big paper loss.

All becos of that nincompoop of a CEO .

Useless nevermind still so ugly. Pwui!

Generally, firms with female CEOs are doomed lol

↡ Advertisement

Bot long ago but didnt sell all when it tumbled.

Now LL holding with big paper loss.

All becos of that nincompoop of a CEO .

Useless nevermind still so ugly. Pwui!

Yeah, thought can ride with govt as no real competition in the biz and dividend yield is decent.

Luckily got LTA to bail shareholders out, otherwise teng kor.

So good until got removed as one of the components of the STI...I bought at $2.10 n sold at $1.42...held them longer than I should thinking I could keep them for the dividend...but even the recent dividend was pathetic. At least I learnt my lesson.

This stupid counter mkt up it down and when mkt down it stays.Bought at 2+ and now like sh1t.All Brady CEO dun know do what.Train faulty,high cost etc etc.Keep it for retirement if the counter is still there and not delisted!lousy counter

high dividend payout is actually very bad for the company. it means that the company is not reinvesting the funds to earn even more money. means the growth potential is very low.

80% of my portfolio are in dividend stocks, banks, telcos, REITs, O&G, etc. If I get my entry price wrong, i have longer holding power. But there is no one size fits all investing rule as it depends on the business models and type of market the company is in, so you are not wrong too.

high dividend payout is actually very bad for the company. it means that the company is not reinvesting the funds to earn even more money. means the growth potential is very low.

Not if they have sufficient for their own capital needs after providing for the dividends to be paid.

Dividend payout also keeps management honest and on their toes.

So good huh ph34r.gifph34r.gif

Read here: http://unbrandedbreadnbutter.wordpress.com...he-wrong-track/

SMRT’s Dividend Policy

SMRT has a policy that guides it to distribute at least 60% of their profits as dividends. In fact, it has consistently (since 2006) distributed about 75% or more of their profits. For example, in 2010, it earned 10.7c per share and distributed 8.5c as dividend, amounting to almost an 80% distribution of its profits. Hence, if SMRT consistently distributes most of its profits back to its shareholders, how much does it have to to competently maintain, renew, reinvest and innovate on its operations?? Does it then go against the whole purpose of why it was privatised in the first place? In the years when Singapore’s population was booming due to immigration policies, why didn’t SMRT retain and reinvest more of its profits rather than continue to distribute high dividends (and continue to stress the rail systems)??

simple reason that CEO and top management mostly paid in shares.

so it's to their advantage to ensure that share prices remain high. paying high dividends is a way to maintain share price

with the breakdowns and inability of the top management, the share prices continue to be gloomy

Siang ho is Tua lao sai until 10c, then I buy 99999999 lots, then garmen step in to give bus give mrt

Then I HUAT big big [laugh]

Turbocharged

Well done smrt!! Better than D24 durian!! Bao Jia ones!!! Govt built the rail for them... Give them free monies, let them increase fares, now still sell back the rails to govt?!?!? Huat ah!!!! CPF withdrawal age going up up and away!!!! Probably next time can only withdraw 20yrs after u surrender IC!!!!

Turbocharged

what is rail assets? Comprises?

Thought the hardwares were from gahment (LTA), operators only operate and maintain?

It's assets that they say are available but cannot be verified ones lah... Juz like our reserves.. They say Singapore has so much reserves but no one can verify.... We can only imagine, hope and pray they are real....

↡ Advertisement