Malaysia : Road Trip to Cameron Highlands

1fast1

Hi

Can anyone recommend a child-friendly stopover for the night? 400+ km or 7+hr maybe too long for me as will be hualing 2 young kids.

Think Malacca & KL maybe jam cos of festive season

Edited by Drive
↡ Advertisement

Hi

Can anyone recommend a child-friendly stopover for the night? 400+ km or 7+hr maybe too long for me as will be hualing 2 young kids.

If you want to spend a night avoiding kl n malacca, try holiday inn glenmarie or empire hotel near shah alam

Hi

Hmmm...Sunway lagoon will be ideal, for the kids and wifey's one stop shopping, and adjourn your journey to Cameron without going thru KL but do your bookings earlier.

Hmmm...Sunway lagoon will be ideal, for the kids and wifey's one stop shopping, and adjourn your journey to Cameron without going thru KL but do your bookings earlier.

Yeah, agreed that Sunway Lagoon will be good for those with family as it has both theme park for kids & big shopping mall for the wifey... but I suppose as a stopover of 1 day will not be enough to cover the theme park part as by the time reached there will already be early afternoon & not enough time to cover the theme park... so just left with shopping.

I'll be going Ipoh next week... will go there straight fr S'pore... on the way back will make a stopover at Mid-Valley... this should also bypass the busy KL.

If you Google about the distance, it is about 400 + km.

Should be more den that, when you hit Rawang its almost 360km, and it takes around 3+ hour to wind up the slopes to the top even its only less den 200km.

Neutral Newbie

If you Google about the distance, it is about 400 + km.

400km can only reach genting. To KL is aready 350 plus.. Mostly people took more than 6 hrs to reach there travelling above 100Kmh.

Extract from Cameron Highland Resort -

Distances From Major Cities And Towns

Location Distance Driving Time

(approximate time)

Kuala Lumpur 220 km 3 hours 30 minutes

Lumut 160 km 2 hours 30 minutes

Kuala Terengganu

395 km 6 hours 30 minutes

Penang ( Butterworth) 230 km 3 hours

Ipoh 122 km 1 hour 30 minutes

Singapore 612 km 7 hours 30 minutes

Edited by MTRAC

Going up to CH during eve Xmas and weekend is jammed pack. The night market in Brinchang starts 5pm to 10pm will cause massive jam. The road is only 1 lane each way in Brinchang.

Travel up to CH via the new route (Simpang Pulai) is very good & scenic but longer distance. If you're season driver in Malaysia, you may take the old windings but shorter route (Tapas). Landslide has occured partial of the winding road in Tapas. This season is very cold 16-18 deg at night.

I suggest you travel on friday 23Dec depart SIN early 6am instead of 24Dec to CH. Be prepare to jam up to 3hr up there in Brinchang.

Check your tire conditions and air pressure (35psi) before departure.

My GP road is Pulai Simpang

From

http://www.cameronhighlands.com/

"Give yourself about 8 hours from second link.

I had a few stops in between Machap, Pagoh, Seremban, and another stop at Tapah. You head all the way to the north using Ipoh as your destination.

You can exit at Tapah Toll to go up to Cameron Highland reaching 1st town Ringlets, Tanah Rata and then Brinchang.

Alternatively, you can go further up north from Tapah on the same highway for another 50plus km and exit at the Simpang Pulai Toll. After toll payment u come to a junction turn right, keep right and turn right again at another junction. This road will lead u all the way to Cameron Highland. There are signs that show u to turn to Kampong Raja, Brinchang etc.

Then u will reach Brinchang, further down is Tanah Rata and Ringlets and of course eventually down to Tapah. I suppose u will be staying at Brinchang or Tanah Rata. In short u will be going up from the other side of Cameron Highlands.

I strongly recommend u take the Simpang Pulai way. Although its further by about 50 km, the time taken is about the same. This is because the road is much wider and view is good. Also less sharp and blind bends. Its just as scenic as the old road. There are certain sections where u can over take slower or heavy vehicles".

Edited by Civic2000

Going up to CH during eve Xmas and weekend is jammed pack. The night market in Brinchang starts 5pm to 10pm will cause massive jam. The road is only 1 lane each way in Brinchang.

Travel up to CH via the new route (Simpang Pulai) is very good & scenic but longer distance. If you're season driver in Malaysia, you may take the old windings but shorter route (Tapas). Landslide has occured partial of the winding road in Tapas. This season is very cold 16-18 deg at night.

I suggest you travel on friday 23Dec depart SIN early 6am instead of 24Dec to CH. Be prepare to jam up to 3hr up there in Brinchang.

Check your tire conditions and air pressure (35psi) before departure.

My GP road is Pulai Simpang

Tks for the suggestion bro.

• Praise 1

Tks bro for ur detail suggestion.

From

http://www.cameronhighlands.com/

"Give yourself about 8 hours from second link.

I had a few stops in between Machap, Pagoh, Seremban, and another stop at Tapah. You head all the way to the north using Ipoh as your destination.

You can exit at Tapah Toll to go up to Cameron Highland reaching 1st town Ringlets, Tanah Rata and then Brinchang.

Alternatively, you can go further up north from Tapah on the same highway for another 50plus km and exit at the Simpang Pulai Toll. After toll payment u come to a junction turn right, keep right and turn right again at another junction. This road will lead u all the way to Cameron Highland. There are signs that show u to turn to Kampong Raja, Brinchang etc.

Then u will reach Brinchang, further down is Tanah Rata and Ringlets and of course eventually down to Tapah. I suppose u will be staying at Brinchang or Tanah Rata. In short u will be going up from the other side of Cameron Highlands.

I strongly recommend u take the Simpang Pulai way. Although its further by about 50 km, the time taken is about the same. This is because the road is much wider and view is good. Also less sharp and blind bends. Its just as scenic as the old road. There are certain sections where u can over take slower or heavy vehicles".

• Praise 1

Hi guys, i'm planning a road trip to Cameron highlands this Christmas Eve. Can someone advise how far as in how many KMs to Cameron from Singapore? Whats the road conditions like at Cameron highlands (i.e pot-holes, landslides etc).

SGP to Tapah (Old route) is around 560km by NSHW via Shah Alam. Can be done in around 6 hrs. Start off early morning so you can reach Tapah for lunch at ard 12pm. Upp hill from Tapah TO Brinchang is around 1.5hrs. You should reach Brinchang before 3pm, just nice to stop by Smoke house for tea and scones.THereafter, check in and waste your life away in paradise.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

The trip from Singapore to Cameroon is around 400 plus KM is you exit from Simpang Pulai new road up there and the road is good with 2 lane up and 2 lane down.If from old road will be shorter and to many turn and usually a lot of lorry use this old road.

Just back from cameron, advise to exit from simpang Pulai , it much easier to driver than the old road.

Neutral Newbie

Just back from cameron, advise to exit from simpang Pulai , it much easier to driver than the old road.

Advise take new route when you hv children travelling with you. Last time, there is only the Tapah route, my daughter vomited when we reached the top and again vomited when we reached the bottom. She cannot take the windy road.